Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Battleground MMR account wide or character specific?

Fiveboro
Fiveboro
✭✭
This is a dumb question and It's probably been answered multiple times on forums but I could only find a thread from back at Murkmire launch and after reading that no one had a definitive answer based on the murkmire changes. Does anyone know for sure? My main is high MMR and always has been I play with the same 30 people on Xbox NA almost every day, but I have a newer character that i've done a fair amount of BGs on but nowhere near my main yet i still think im getting put in the same MMR matchups.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character specific.

Play long enough, you’ll start to see familiar names in the lower MMR brackets, usually dominating everyone else until their new character’s MMR catches up.

There’s only so much time a person is willing to wait for a match before they come to the conclusion it’s faster to just re-roll their character with an Alt slot.
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Character specific.

Play long enough, you’ll start to see familiar names in the lower MMR brackets, usually dominating everyone else until their new character’s MMR catches up.

There’s only so much time a person is willing to wait for a match before they come to the conclusion it’s faster to just re-roll their character with an Alt slot.

Got it, thank you! And that is exactly what I was doing I thought i would get to enjoy lower MMR a bit longer but i guess ~50 BGs is enough to lose that status as a newer player...
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Character specific.

Yes ive seen you lurking around the low level BGs now scaredy cat. Preying on low level toons that havent even levelled half their skills...
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And mine are leveled? Heh.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I REALLY wish we could drop MMR by losing, because as someone who usually goes in as a solo queue, it gets real old getting utterly destroyed by high-MMR premades 75% of the time, and eventually I'm gonna run out of PvE characters to convert to BG characters.

Plus, I kinda hate matching against low MMR players when I start a new BG toon. I feel like I'm kicking a litter of puppies, and they probably don't enjoy getting absolutely slaughtered over and over again, either. It'd be better for everyone if I could just play my normal characters at right around the MMR point where I can actually have a reasonable chance of doing well in any given match.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish i could see my MMR
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.