Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Furniture Mats via Survey

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
Originally surveys did not yield furniture mats because people saved 100s of surveys to quickly amass furniture mats on the release of Homestead.

It has been a long time since then though so:

1. Allow the existing surveys to drop furniture mats

or

2. Add a Daily Furniture crafting writ (that needs 2-3 pieces of white quality furniture) that rewards furniture mats and chance at a survey that leads to a furniture mat stash.

Just make it a little easier for us to get mats for furniture crafting :)

Right now Mundane Runes are driving me crazy!
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would like the possibility, not guarantee, of a bound furnishing recipe that the character doing the writ doesn't already know... If they ever add furniture writs.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like your idea of furniture crafting writs. But, it would all depend on what they would require and what the rewards were. Knowing ZOS, they would be way out of balance. Especially if the reward was a random shipment of materials, so you could, in theory, keep getting regulus when what you really want/need are mundane runes.

If they had a writ for each craft and that writ rewarded the same type of crafting mats as the writ, that would help (as you could choose to do only Praxis writs), but we'd probably end up expending more mats than what we'd get back.

But, a chance at a survey, depending on drop rate, could alleviate that, but it's possible we'd still end up expending more mats than we'd get back from surveys due to RNG.

However, I still like the idea. Perhaps if we got a chance to get the improvement mats (green, blue, purple) that would help, at least for JC.

And, presuming they would all be white recipes (that could be purchased from NPC vendors), then they could add new recipes for the crafts that don't currently have any white recipes.
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes! and the ability to decon furuniture and a "furniture bag"! That would make quality of life better.
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I would absolutely love it if instead of surveys we get plain containers with raw mats. Even if number of mats is halfed. Doing 7 quests x 15 toons i'm sick of those surveys
    Rawr
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a small chance to get Culanda lacquers and Hackwing plumage, too. Or make these things have a chance to drop from Psijic portals.

I agree with the deconstructing of furniture to get mats as well!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.