The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should bleeds be % based and not value based?

Unified_Gaming
Unified_Gaming
✭✭✭✭
Hey,
From what I've seen and played against, bleeds are more and more prevalent than before due to the higher damage players now with cp and when paired with ravenger, fury, seventh or veiled. As such, I wonder whether bleeds should do a flat % of your health meaning they still affect tanky targets correctly but in turn are not over tuned on any target.

I suggest twin slashes should do 8% flat but could crit (4% after battle spirit) - 1 morph makes it 2% more and the other should add a snare. Both should have a cap of 5k damage a tick but can crit as to avoid messing up PvE. Crits should be allowed to bypass the 5k cap.

I'd suggest Masters dual wield could add 3% flat but this is addactive and doesn't count towards the 5k and can't crit.

Carve from the 2h line could do 6 or 8% with a 5k cap.

Please note those % are in PvE and will be redued by 50% in pvp.

Examples:
Numbers below are for twin slashes with the damage being 8% of the targets health but are reduce to 4% with battle sprit. 1.7 crit modifer used throughout.

22k hp target without masters 880 non crit. 1.7x crit modifer 1496

30k hp target without masters 1200 non crit 2k crit

40k hp target without masters 1600 non crit and 2720 crit.

Numbers below are with masters and the base skill (8%) but include battle spirit. 1.7 crit modifier

22k hp target 880 non crit + 330 from masters - 1210. 1496 crit + 330 total 1826

30k hp 1200 + 450 from masters. Total 1650. 2040 crit + 450 total 2490

40k hp 1600 + 600 from masters. Total 2200. 2720 crit + 600 total 3320.

For the heavy weapons bleed I'd suggest making the base 6% health with a cap of 4k max but cannot crit.

22k hp 1320
30k hp 1800
40k hp 2400

As for PvE
PvE mob 40k hp 3200 non crit. 5440 crit.

Any questions about the maths or comments are welcome.

Thanks for reading.
Dan
Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    yes it would make more sense
    however bleeds don't make sense in the way they're applied among other things such as slow ticking
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems unnecessary complicated.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, honestly nothing in this game should be % based because there are flat based modifiers in it.

You have to choose, either you use baseX (5,10,,64) or you use %. When you start mixing the two is when you see the problems like you have now.

Because not everything is % based, they can be manipulated through smart math and you stack using BaseX modifiers to build for the highest % modifier.

If you are going to have % modifiers in the game, everything has to be % based to balance it. If you have flat increases, you have everything be flat increases.

Yes, there are some examples that have mixed these two to varying degrees of success, but this game is not nor do I think can be one of them.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think everything should be additive and not multiplicative, including CP , I know some are additice , I also think scalping for damage should only be done from weapon or spell damage , max stats should be for resource pools , how often you can do X, people will say that's too simplistic ... Maybe but it's has to be easier to calculate and balance if it's additive