Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Godplars in bgs

VikingBerserker
VikingBerserker
✭✭✭
Every now and then I will run into a templar, usually magplar, that seems to be nearly invincible and has insane dps bursting me down with jabs. How are they pulling this off? Typically I have to sacrifice dps for def, am I missing something?
Edited by VikingBerserker on January 24, 2019 6:14PM
  • asnd
    asnd
    ✭✭
    Edited by asnd on March 28, 2019 12:05AM
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    I'm talking db shalks combo not even scratching them.
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    asnd wrote: »
    Purifying light is a skill that copies 20% of the damage inflicted on an enemy and puts it back on them. So normally the combo is to put dots up, purifying light, and jab. Jabs will bring the enemies health down and when purifying light ticks, it will do around 6-10k damage, depending on the damage applied before it ticked. Combo that with an execute and ya dead son. BTW jabs heals for 40% of the damage caused so that might be why you feel like their heals are godly, you probably don't pressure them enough to stop their jabs.

I know all this. I have 10 lv 50s a stam and mag for every class the majority leveled strictly thru bgs researching builds along the way. I guess Ill revisit my magplar and do some testing.
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    Its like they have the tankyness of a 5pc heavy build, but with the dps of a 5pc light build.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnB + protective. Basically makes you a heavy armour build.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they're just better than you? What's your build/race? I play a medium stamplar and sometimes peoplee can barely even scratch my health simply because theyre obviously not setup properly or don't understand how to line up their damage. Magplars can be very strong of course but lets try and get to the bottom of this before we start saying godplars.
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on the templar, some just seem so strong
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    SnB + protective. Basically makes you a heavy armour build.

Using staves
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Maybe they're just better than you? What's your build/race? I play a medium stamplar and sometimes peoplee can barely even scratch my health simply because theyre obviously not setup properly or don't understand how to line up their damage. Magplars can be very strong of course but lets try and get to the bottom of this before we start saying godplars.

It's possible, but I'm pretty experienced, and killing people is rarely an issue. I've literally played every class in bgs, and leveled over half of my 10 chars in bgs. At the moment I'm mostly playing redgaurd stamwarden rocking spriggans/shacklebreaker/balorgh using shalks db steel tornado cheese.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey now! You take that rationality and GTFO. We don’t like your kind ‘round here.

Nerf the godplars!
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    playing magblade fixed my issue
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Hey now! You take that rationality and GTFO. We don’t like your kind ‘round here.

Nerf the godplars!

To be clear im just trying to figure out what these dudes are running in bgs
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nerf the godplars!

Fair enough but you have us zero info. Not even your build/stats so how is anyone supposed to make any kind of helpful comment? Even supposing there is some amazing no cp magplar build out there it’s unlikely anyone shares it assuming it is so strong as you say because it would get nerfed.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They hold block
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »

They hold block

That made me smile ;)
  • Valagash
    Valagash
    ✭✭✭
    it s like you already said. We are playing 5pcs light because it s tankier and more efficient as 5 heavy.

I personal running 2 old but gold sets and one which has disappeard but is strong as before.

My setup is: 2H5L, 5pcs rattlecage/5pcs Wizard riposte/2pcs blood spawn
    combined with 3 stat food and 3 stat pots. Frontbar wiz froststaff and backbar wiz resto staff.

non-CP stats:
    sitting on 22k res in my rune without blood spawn. 3,6k buffed spell damage with 1500 mag reg and 2 mag cost reduction glyphs. I block with mag on my froststaff to have more stam for break free s and roll dodge and I love the dmg reduction :)

I have a smal pool of magicka but it total fine with reg and cost reduction in non-CP (plus I m Argonian - pot restore OP)
    sitting on 27,5k health/32k mag and 17k stam

And yes, purifying + blockade + vamps bane + jabs are enough for unskilled or glass-cannon players

Normal battleground with 800-1mio dmg dealed and 400-600k healing done (solo play not premade)

cheers
    Edited by Valagash on January 28, 2019 1:08PM
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭

Nerf the godplars!

Fair enough but you have us zero info. Not even your build/stats so how is anyone supposed to make any kind of helpful comment? Even supposing there is some amazing no cp magplar build out there it’s unlikely anyone shares it assuming it is so strong as you say because it would get nerfed.

I dont really pay attention to that stuff honestly. I just focus on improving regen, pen, and wpn/spell dmg. If I want a tankier build I run heavy and slot bloodspawn or troll king.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil Light set... It's a real thing in Mageplars.
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    You might be onto something here.

• VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭

Thanks man, id put money on this being the set causing me issues. It makes sense of what ive been seeing.
    Edited by VikingBerserker on January 28, 2019 9:29PM
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VikingBerserker : I run 5pc cyrodiil light and 5pc steadfast hero. i'm also in light armor with lightning stave

this is what dmg mitigation I'm getting:

to start the fight, I get 8% minor protection when sweeping you. I get another 15% from cyrodiil light. after the first jab, I backbar a quick ritual which gives me 5 seconds of 30% major protection. back to sweeps... and more mitigation.

that said, range is the rock to my scissor. I have no shield or reflect. a good sorc can make my life hell. i'm also a vampire, so a good magdk is troublesome too.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only other Templar that gave me trouble was an argonian in BG who was spamming javelins while his partner dropped the AOE. Other than that instance, I haven't had much of a problem with any.
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    The only other Templar that gave me trouble was an argonian in BG who was spamming javelins while his partner dropped the AOE. Other than that instance, I haven't had much of a problem with any.

Ive only encountered a couple, I usually smash most folks in bgs on ps4, and if I do get shutdown its a coordinated team focusing me down.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to keep them on the defensive and get in a big burst. Gradual pressure does little to nothing against a good magplar, even 2v1.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    @VikingBerserker : I run 5pc cyrodiil light and 5pc steadfast hero. i'm also in light armor with lightning stave

to start the fight, I get 8% minor protection when sweeping you. I get another 15% from cyrodiil light. after the first jab, I backbar a quick ritual which gives me 5 seconds of 30% major protection. back to sweeps... and more mitigation.

that said, range is the rock to my scissor. I have no shield or reflect. a good sorc can make my life hell. i'm also a vampire, so a good magdk is troublesome too.

Stole your build (in a way) and trying it out tonight.

Going Ice Staff, S&B though.

I went 2 protective on the jewelry and 1 arcane. Puts me pretty close to 30k resistances in 5light-1heavy-1medium.
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭
    One simple trick, send me 100k and see how they do it!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m taking notes
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I went 2 protective on the jewelry and 1 arcane. Puts me pretty close to 30k resistances in 5light-1heavy-1medium.

Quoting myself. This build is just insane. With an Ice Staff you are more support than anything but I'm still putting up 1m+ damage a match with the DoTs (Blazing Spear, Blockade of Frost, Solar Prison, Skoria) and a nice side of AoE Major Defile (Dark Flare).

Ranged are covered with Defensive Stance and Total Dark. It's fun for sure and I think could be even stronger with a Lightning Staff for the +AoE damage.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like they have the tankyness of a 5pc heavy build, but with the dps of a 5pc light build.

LOL this is how mag players feel about EVERY spank and tank stam build that we dont have the sets to pull off
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quoting myself. This build is just insane. With an Ice Staff you are more support than anything but I'm still putting up 1m+ damage a match with the DoTs (Blazing Spear, Blockade of Frost, Solar Prison, Skoria) and a nice side of AoE Major Defile (Dark Flare).

Ranged are covered with Defensive Stance and Total Dark. It's fun for sure and I think could be even stronger with a Lightning Staff for the +AoE damage.

good deal - i put most of my builds up on youtube and plan to get my magplar build up there soon. everyone yells at me for not having jesus beam on the bar but don't have space. same goes for degen... have to use pots instead.

the ice staff sounds interesting. more control / less dmg.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw