Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furnishing locked behind PvE

Jeezye
Jeezye
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently starting to get into housing and really enjoy the variety of furnishing and creativity they put behind this. However, as a PvP player I really struggle to collect the higher value pieces, since they are either incredibly expensive (10k gold for a single chair?!) or are locked behind PvE achievements. I saw that there's some PvP related stuff and BG furnishing as well, but even more was I disappointed to see the stuff costs gold as well?! As a PvP player you struggle to collect gold anyways while sitting on millions and millions of useless AP. Can we please get more accessibility to ap purchasable furnishing? Also Cyrodiil rewards are mainly siege weapons, who wants those in his home.. :|
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell your (unbound PvP rewards armor / weapons jewelry)
    Buy unbound yellow quality jewelry at the Golden vendor (in Cyrodiil) for AP and sell those in Guildstores for gold.

E.g sold a strategist fire staff for 100K not long ago.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Also Cyrodiil rewards are mainly siege weapons, who wants those in his home.. :|

Who doesn't? You get used to sitting on a ballista, and frying your food in hot oil is really nice.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeezye AP isn't worthless. You can buy Militant ordinator motifs with it and sell them to other PvE players who can't earn the AP to buy them. Same for the Akaviri Motif. Also you can buy Eagle Eye coffers in Bruma and decon the purple jewelry to get Zircon grains that sell for 2000 to 3000 gold per grain. Join a trading guild in a nice location like Mournhold or Alinor and see how it goes.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold isn’t that hard to make

Go buy the Militant Ordinator motifs and sell them for gold, buy VD coffers and open until a sharp sword pops out, keep an eye on your Rewards of the Worthy for a Spell Strat inferno

AP is a currency for PvP participation, which housing isn’t
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    I recently starting to get into housing and really enjoy the variety of furnishing and creativity they put behind this. However, as a PvP player I really struggle to collect the higher value pieces, since they are either incredibly expensive (10k gold for a single chair?!) or are locked behind PvE achievements. I saw that there's some PvP related stuff and BG furnishing as well, but even more was I disappointed to see the stuff costs gold as well?! As a PvP player you struggle to collect gold anyways while sitting on millions and millions of useless AP. Can we please get more accessibility to ap purchasable furnishing? Also Cyrodiil rewards are mainly siege weapons, who wants those in his home.. :|

The reason that most of Cyrodiil's Achievement furnishings are siege weapons is because that's pretty much all there is in Cyrodiil currently, all Achievement furnishings are representing Zone or Main storyline items/plot devices/zone lore - culture, etc.

While I do agree that PvP needs some more variety in terms of things to bring to the other aspects of the game, the fact of the matter is ESO, like many other MMOs, are more PvE centered, with PvP being an addition, but not the sole focus.
    (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As is my response to most "X is locked behind Y content", this is a deliberate choice by ZOS so players have reasons to experience all the content in the game.

Housing, in particular, was designed to be a grind.

Now, as a PVPer with plenty of AP to burn myself, the easiest way to convert AP to gold is to buy Militant Ordinator motifs or tradeable gold jewelry and sell that in guild stores or zone chat. If you get decent gear from the Rewards for the Worthy, you can sell that as well. If you like Tel Var farming in IC, you have even more options. Personallly, I sell my end of campaign jewelry and since I have lots of transmute crystals, I transmute a weapon to nirnhoned and decon it for the chance for potent nirncrux.

Alternatively, if you dont mind doing some PVE farming, I find that crafting mats sell consistently. For a very quick, easy farm, gather alchemy flowers from the Hollow City in Coldharbor.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 27, 2019 6:42PM
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    Cardthief wrote: »

The reason that most of Cyrodiil's Achievement furnishings are siege weapons is because that's pretty much all there is in Cyrodiil currently, all Achievement furnishings are representing Zone or Main storyline items/plot devices/zone lore - culture, etc.

While I do agree that PvP needs some more variety in terms of things to bring to the other aspects of the game, the fact of the matter is ESO, like many other MMOs, is more PvE centered, with PvP being an addition, but not the sole focus.

(MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironic because there are furnishings I want that are locked behind pvp content. Bop tents for example.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/452816/surplus-forward-camp-furnishing#latest
    Edited by max_only on January 27, 2019 8:11PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you r supposed to grind content u hate for month, beause that will totally not make u leave the game, but show u how 'awesome' that part of the game is.
    Housing, in particular, was designed to be a grind.
    U make that sound as if theres something here thats not desgined to be a grind?
    Edited by eso_nya on January 27, 2019 8:01PM
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Cyrodiil rewards are mainly siege weapons, who wants those in his home.. :|

My house is actually quite full of PvP weapons..
    It’s a DC themed house, after all. Also full of banners, flags and stuff.

The Eon Pokémon.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well tbh I just wish I could get basic equipment from Cyrodiil that I could use in my home, say the styles of the three races per faction. Some regular tables, chairs, lamps, benches. Also there's tons of Cyrodiil related furnishing I could think of, mainly walls, fences, gates, ...
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeezye AP isn't worthless. You can buy Militant ordinator motifs with it and sell them to other PvE players who can't earn the AP to buy them. Same for the Akaviri Motif. Also you can buy Eagle Eye coffers in Bruma and decon the purple jewelry to get Zircon grains that sell for 2000 to 3000 gold per grain. Join a trading guild in a nice location like Mournhold or Alinor and see how it goes.

Good point.

I'm sitting here figuratively kicking myself for thinking maybe if AP keeps being included in the login rewards I will eventually have enough to get the akaviri motif, when I could just buy it from other players. I think I'm too used to Guild Wars 2 where almost everything bought with other currencies is account bound so you have to play that content to get it.

Unfortunately I currently have almost no gold either, but as a mainly PvE player gold is much eaiser for me to get. I think I'll talk to some of the PvPers in my guilds and see if they want to sell me the motif. :)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The exchange rate for AP is usually 5AP~1G, unless there's some high demand for certain sets like SS (which is currently bount to rng). According to that farming 20k gold is equal to farming 100k AP, which is quite a high number. My usual sessions with friends last about 2-3 hours and we end up with 200-300k ap if things go well, meaning 40-60k gold, say 20k gold per hour.

Needless to say this is not really effective - though I agree it's at least not worthless.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have ballistas set up at my house. the flames look neat at night.
  • green_villain
    green_villain
    ✭✭✭

@Jeezye
    10k gold its very cheap
    you can convert your millions of AP into gold too
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not that keen on the gladiator items that you can buy with arena gladiator proofs, buy and resell them. You can get upwards of 1.2mil for the helm and more for the outfit. I know there's an emote out now too, and a pet soon.

I also make good money reselling gold jewelry, motifs, and the prisms for jewelry crafting.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well tbh I just wish I could get basic equipment from Cyrodiil that I could use in my home, say the styles of the three races per faction. Some regular tables, chairs, lamps, benches. Also there's tons of Cyrodiil related furnishing I could think of, mainly walls, fences, gates, ...

Thing is, all the PvE achievement furnishings are mostly decorative in nature and very rarely normal furniture like tables/chairs. The basic furnishings you're talking about either come from the Crown Store or from other players who know how to craft them, which means guild traders. Yes, that requires gold.

Basically, the system in place to get those kinds of regular items is the guild trader system/other players, and not from AP. Others have provided great ideas to convert your AP to gold so that you can buy the kinds of furnishings you want from other players. Take a look at most of the PvE Achievement vendors and you'll find mostly useless stuff, as well. E.g., why would I want a pile of flaming remains in my home?