Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bunch of questions and feedback

DrJawaPhD
DrJawaPhD

Bunch of new player random questions and game feedback on stuff that annoys me (but I might just be doing wrong):

1. First off, this Guild Store replacement for a real AH is all sorts of terrible. I'm "guildmates" with about 2000 random people but don't actually want to talk to anyone so I turned off all my guildchats. So now I have to sort thru multiple AH's, which is only a tiny fraction of the items on the market - how in the world is this supposed to be a good idea?

2. Also on AH's, finding what I'm looking for takes forever - no search function, gear shows up in materials, etc. It's so terrible that I think it's safe to assume this will improve with time

3. Is there any game setting to make guildchat show player name instead of what appears to be Twitter account name?

4. Is there a way to turn up the sound on dialogue? I like to run music in the background but then hear quest dialogue over my relatively quiet music, but even with master volume at 100% and dialogue at 100%, I have to turn Winamp music volume down to 11% (and speakers turned WAY up)

5. Speaking of NPC dialogue - is there any way to stop hearing every 5 seconds about the Daggerfall citizens wanting handouts and biting the hand that feeds them? I feel like I'm stuck in hell listening to Fox News on a repeat loop. Between that annoying line and the "borrower and lender be" lady, I eventually learned to just turn off all sound while in Daggerfall

6. Is it really true that the best way to level crafting skills is to make low level items and trade with people to deconstruct them? That would be really freaking stupid. Why would you learn more from deconstructing random garbage than you do from making difficult items? Please tell me that I'm just misunderstanding something here

7. I love the detail put into the crafting system, but inventory management is a HUGE pain. It's awesome how you can craft with items that are in your bank - but even more awesome would be if I have a stack of Item X in my bank and then get a new one in my player inventory, it just automatically goes into my bank stack instead of double dipping my inventory spaces.

8. The base UI is ridiculously inadequate, but I haven't even looked into addons yet. So first I just have a bunch of questions about what is available:
- Addon for minimap?
- Addon for damage meters?
- Any addons that help with the crappy AH searching?
- Any addons that track time left on buffs?
- Any addons to put name plates on stuff?
- Any addons to swap gear sets quickly?
- Addons to save action bar setups and swap quickly?

Overall I'm liking this game a lot, but so many things are very unpolished and don't really feel like a MMO that is ready for release. Obviously it just got released and there will be plenty of issues in any brand new game. Right now though I could definitely see this game going the way of SWTOR (huge opening release followed by mass player exodus and F2P status shortly after), if Zenimax doesn't quickly address many of the issues.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when people start a thread with a long list of everything they don't like about the game. One thread should have one topic; start it like this and the topic becomes your overall opinion of the game instead of any one feature. Frankly, that's not a great topic for conversation. Just had to get that off my chest.
    Edited by Melian on April 8, 2014 6:04AM
  • DrJawaPhD
    DrJawaPhD
    Melian wrote: »
    I hate it when people start a thread with a long list of everything they don't like about the game. One thread should have one topic; start it like this and the topic becomes your overall opinion of the game instead of any one feature. Frankly, that's not a great topic for conversation. Just had to get that off my chest.

I prefer to consolidate stuff into one thread instead of making half a dozen. Agree to disagree