Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What time is it in Tamriel?

Kalyppso
Kalyppso
Is there a way to see what time it is "in game?" I know that if you open your Map in the top left it shows the irl time, but I want to know how fast time passes in game and what time it is in Tamriel - is there currently a way to do this?
  • UnknownXV
    UnknownXV
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you can tell, beyond guessing based on the position of the sun. The day-night cycle seems to last a few hours at least. Maybe 1/4th of a irl day? Just an estimate.
  • Kalyppso
    Kalyppso
    I'm definitely sun-watching. I hope someone else has a different response though ... Also, I hope it isn't 6 irl hours = 1 Tamriel day because that seems long ... @_@

But thank you! (: I'm glad I got even one reply.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they added a Sun-Dial in the Tabs windows with a Moon Tracker and the date 2E 582 Second Seed etc.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on April 8, 2014 4:55AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Kalyppso
    Kalyppso
    That would be sooo helpful! (:

... When I get a notification I'm all hopeful it's someone with an answer, but just talking about interest in this and bringing attention to it is good too.
  • macinley1ub17_ESO
    You can easily be your own sun dial if you have shadows turned on. Face your camera north then see what hour your shadow would be on. It's worked out fine for me. Im not positive what time it gets dark but normally the sun is pretty low by 3pm (when facing north the shadow is going exactly to the right.) I think its around 6pm when its getting dark but again I'm not positive.

I also timed a day once and it seemed to be about four and half hours. With the night being between one and two hours long.