The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafted Items Needed to Grind

Crimsonorion
Crimsonorion
✭✭✭
So for the upcoming Anniversary I plan to use Crafting Writs and I wanna grind my remaining characters to at least Level 50 Blacksmith, Tailor and Woodworking. Anyone have an idea how many items my character that is already 50 would have to make, so they my other toons could decon them for EXP?
Edited by Crimsonorion on January 26, 2019 6:30PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for the upcoming Anniversary I plan to use Crafting Writs and I wanna grind my remaining characters to at least Level 50 Blacksmith, Tailor and Woodworking. Anyone have an idea how many items my character that is already 50 would have to make, so they my other toons could decon them for EXP?

You get better crafting inspiration from the decon of items you don't make yourself (e.g. from your own characters).

So, your time and resources would be better spent finding a friend or guildie that you can trade CP160 items with.

Can't find anyone?

The guild dailies (Undaunted Daily Delve, Fighter's Guild Daily, Mages Guild Daily) hand out plenty of intricates for decon. Might as well start doing those now anyway to start stockpiling intricates.

It's worth it in the end, though. I have three (3) 9-trait crafters ... and a fourth that is working on 8 traits.

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You get better crafting inspiration from the decon of items you don't make yourself (e.g. from your own characters).

So, your time and resources would be better spent finding a friend or guildie that you can trade CP160 items with.

Can't find anyone?

The guild dailies (Undaunted Daily Delve, Fighter's Guild Daily, Mages Guild Daily) hand out plenty of intricates for decon. Might as well start doing those now anyway to start stockpiling intricates.

It's worth it in the end, though. I have three (3) 9-trait crafters ... and a fourth that is working on 8 traits.

If I recall correctly. The guild/undaunted delve dailies give out ornate pieces, not intricate pieces.

My memory isn’t the best though, so I might have that backwards and maybe you’re right.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry I didn't explain, I have 3 toons that are all level 50 in crafting, but that was thru questing, i was curious how many items [ex how many rubedite daggers] would someone have to make for another toon to grind crafting [Like how many daggers would toon 1 have to make for toon 2 to reach level 50 crafting]
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry I didn't explain, I have 3 toons that are all level 50 in crafting, but that was thru questing, i was curious how many items [ex how many rubedite daggers] would someone have to make for another toon to grind crafting [Like how many daggers would toon 1 have to make for toon 2 to reach level 50 crafting]

The answer is a lot they fixed that trick ages ago it doesn’t give you that much inspiration anymore, your better of doing daily writs and decon intracate and ornate from each toon the just decon everything you get or buy intricate items from guild but shop around don’t buy over 500g
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no definite answer, @Crimsonorion, since it depends on a few variables including when you unlock the deconstruction passives. But, as mentioned above, that equals "a lot" of crafted items for decon.

Feric51 wrote: »

If I recall correctly. The guild/undaunted delve dailies give out ornate pieces, not intricate pieces.

My memory isn’t the best though, so I might have that backwards and maybe you’re right.

They quest rewards are a mix of both ornate and intricate, @Feric51.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 26, 2019 11:47PM