Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shiny gold dye?

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
I keep seeing this shiny gold dye on armor from other players. Looks really shiny on the heavy armor and like a true gold. Just curious what dye this may be?
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    It could be the one that you get from upgrading jewelry to gold.
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some nice gold dyes in the game. But the one for upgrading jewelry is probably the most brilliant one. That being said, I think the yellow you get from one of the AD quests is quite good, if you apply it to a lower level armor from the outfit station.

That is one secret to getting rich full colors from the dye system, is to use the outfit system, make the outfit an L20 or L30 material and then apply the dye. You can unlock those tiers by deconning a piece of gear from that level.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may be thinking of Bloodroot Wine, which is acquired upon completing the Horns of the Reach Delver achievement.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Nestor and @yooqi alluded to, Divine Gold is the dye for completing the Legendary Jewelry Crafter achievement.

Below is an indoor picture of my Stamplar in Sapiarch style gear with Divine Gold dye applied. I have also posted an outdoor pic of my Magicka DK in Welkynar style.

Another fantastic gold dye for heavy armor is the Transliminal Violet dye from completing the Molag Bal boss in the Imperial Sewers Barathum Centrata.

Picture of my Stamblade at the bottom (mostly Ra Gada style gear) ... along with a pic of my Breton Warden in full Militant Ordinator style.

Divine Gold:
    0RilGK2.png

Divine Gold:
    lv72xoU.png

Transliminal Violet
    i0z0j5Y.png

Transliminal Violet
    apgI108.png
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    As @Nestor and @yooqi alluded to, Divine Gold is the dye for completing the Legendary Jewelry Crafter achievement.

Below is an indoor picture of my Stamplar in Sapiarch style gear with Divine Gold dye applied. I have also posted an outdoor pic of my Magicka DK in Welkynar style.

Another fantastic gold dye for heavy armor is the Transliminal Violet dye from completing the Molag Bal boss in the Imperial Sewers Barathum Centrata.

Picture of my Stamblade at the bottom (mostly Ra Gada style gear) ... along with a pic of my Breton Warden in full Militant Ordinator style.

Divine Gold:
    0RilGK2.png

Divine Gold:
    lv72xoU.png

Transliminal Violet
    i0z0j5Y.png

Transliminal Violet
    apgI108.png

Thanks! This confirmed it's divine gold I wanted....wanted....can never afford :(
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cant remember how I unlocked it but Aeylid gold is my favorite gold dye that I can use. It's very shiny on everything, but it looks maybe a bit darker than the jewelry one.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's unlocked by golding one of your jewelry pieces, I just applied that to my tank in heavy armor with blue highlights on the shield. I saw it on one or two characters previously and it stood out.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seipher09 wrote: »

Thanks! This confirmed it's divine gold I wanted....wanted....can never afford :(

Compared to some of the other dyes and achievements, this one is not totally out of reach, @seipher09.

You do have to dedicate some time to get your jewelry crafting up to at least level 40 (preferably higher) ... to fully unlock the platings expertise passive.

The best ways to farm jewelry for decon is doing dolmens or buying jewelry at the guild stores or with AP in Cyrodiil.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Divine Gold:
    0RilGK2.png

Divine Gold:
    lv72xoU.png

Transliminal Violet
    i0z0j5Y.png

Transliminal Violet
    apgI108.png

That’s awesome. Although it would currently cost more than I have to upgrade a gold piece of jewelry.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have pictures of the various golds on weapons? My Orc wants bling on her axes.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is another pic of my Stamblade with a Ravaging Greatsword in Transliminal Violet dye ...

AjcT9G0.png

Difficult to see, but my Stam DK has the Skyforge Smith Hammer in Divine Gold dye. I'll try to post a better picture of it later.

1VOL1nr.png
    PIZmJsc.png
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodroot wine has the most luster/shine
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Bloodroot wine has the most luster/shine

Like most rare dyes, Bloodroot Wine does indeed “shine” when applied to heavy plate armor.

However, it is nowhere near a “gold” hue for purposes of the OP’s question.

Bloodroot Wine is more of a deep orange.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 31, 2019 1:06AM