The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DLC Dungeons and Random Finder

Sailor_Palutena
Sailor_Palutena
✭✭✭✭
I avoided creating this topic for a long time because some friends said in-game that it was asked many times to no avail, but in fact I never seen anyone asking, so here it is:

Can ZOS add a exclusion option to the Dungeon Finder? Those DLC dungeons in their normal mode are like Veteran versions of the more difficult ones. Their Veteran versions are even more difficult. But difficulty is only part of the problem, since their lenght are the triple the size of a normal dungeon. What it leads to?

Unequipped or unprepared players quitting
High Level Players quitting because of the players above.
Players without much time to play quitting.

The worst part of it? You get the deserter debuff for giving up outright. The main problem here is:
Players with ESO+ cannot choose out of it
I like to be a subscriber for all the advantages that come with it, but I've seen myself avoiding the random finder for months because I am being obliged to do said DLC dungeons. Sometimes I feel like unsubbing out of anger. The amount of times you are signed to a DLC dungeon via random finder is huge, which is absurd since there are way more normal dungeons available. Most of the time I see the message "someone of the group declined the invite". I think it happens more because they are aware of whatever dlc dungeon is coming rather than being afk.

The problem is refusing the invite and wait another long queue. World of Warcraft had that. Why can't ESO have too?
Check dungeons you want to exclude from the finder

No need to force subscribers into doing them.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely a very common request, I’m surprised you haven’t seen it discussed. I definitely agree, though. I would love to opt out of DLC in the random queue. I actually let my ESO+ lapse last month and it was an awesome feeling to queue for a daily knowing there was zero chance of getting a DLC. It could almost be worth unsubscribing for.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a normal request and as somebody who regularly does high-end game content I support it.

I hate leaving group. I really really, really hate leaving groups. No matter who I get placed with I will try and make it through the run. But... this is unfortunately IMPOSSIBLE sometimes. There's nothing worse than getting placed in Bloodroot Forge with people who have no idea what is going on. It's not their fault. This is where the random matchmaker placed them.

There's two outcomes once something like this happens.....

1. The newer or more casual player leaves because they end up feeling useless.
    2. or I end up leaving and feeling like a milk-drinker because I left them alone in the dungeon. Neither of these are good things, and both options end up making people feel like crap.
    Edited by CyberSkooma on January 23, 2019 8:30PM
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually there is a workaround for this. Whenever you enter a dlc dungeon through random normal, then just convince your entire team to teleport to Fungal Grotto. Just in case there were multiple instances, you can have one person teleport out and the others teleport tot hat person.
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    Actually there is a workaround for this. Whenever you enter a dlc dungeon through random normal, then just convince your entire team to teleport to Fungal Grotto. Just in case there were multiple instances, you can have one person teleport out and the others teleport tot hat person.

I have a very mixed feeling about this. on one hand IF I am with 3 friends and end up being in bloodroot forge for my rando norm, I'd be happy to port to fg1 if any of my friends suggests. but I'd be bummed to hell if I was queueing for specific dungeons for gear farming purposes and people just ported to fg1 (happened when I was farming sanctuary staves) double standards I know, and I've seen both "do it with premades if all you want is a quick rando" and "do it with premades if you want to farm gear" kind of comments. damned if I do damned if I don't (but I tend to agree with the former)

edit:
    I don't ever just port to fg1 when I am pugging without asking just to be clear. whatever I end up being in, I suck it up and stick with it at least til I know the run is going to be a wipefest, then I'd politely say sorry and leave, so if we eso+ folks can opt out of dlc dungeons when queueing for randos, I'd very much be a happy tank
    Edited by ArcaneBlue on January 24, 2019 8:34AM
    #teamEmeric
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭

This is totally an exploit and will likely result in consequences one the devs figure out how to fix it.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is reportedly bannable since it was a thing during the event.