The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Average Solo players can solo Group Dungeons (Elden Root 1st time run w/story)

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
Its not pretty, but no deaths and the first time I ever set foot in the place on any character, I've never even seen a video of it. If I can do it, you should give it a try.

I just want to encourage Solo players who just like to play that it can be done and to give it a try. I did it with a character I normally use to farm and craft with and this is only the second one I've tried to complete. I would rate the difficulty of playing these first few group dungeons as a solo player @ 0.9 of Normal Maelstrom Arena or less (so far).
(Full run is 45min so feel free to skip around). Its hard to believe I've been playing 5 years and I've done very few of the group dungeons past the first 3.

Particulars: No ultimates used and only 5 skills used on my bar, melee fighting only (2 hand sword), potions and food were used. I used Purple gear with Gold weapon. The character is my launch Imperial Dragon Knight who is normally my Grand Master Crafter. I don't use rotation or min max I just use what I like and play re-actively so plenty of mistakes to be seen. I play by what I see not what rotation or whatever is the best. As you can see in the video, I don't even care what a rotation is. I just want to Have Fun!!

p.s. I know, its too bad the LoL buttons don't exist anymore. ;)

Note: It may take a bit for the better quality video to finish processing and volume increases a few seconds in.

https://youtu.be/nTGZQf-Ag-E
Edited by Casdha on January 19, 2019 7:47PM
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gz! Now to hope the new ones share the difficulty.
    Edited by eso_nya on January 19, 2019 7:34PM
  • TheMikrobe
    TheMikrobe
    ✭✭
    Congratulations! Soloing dungeons is the most fun thing for me in the game at the moment.
    Casdha wrote: »
    I play by what I see not what rotation or whatever is the best.

Once you start doing harder dungeons the concept of a rotation disappears completely because you spend most of your time avoiding mechanics and just have to land attacks when you see a chance ;) (you do have to min-max and use gold gear though...)

https://youtu.be/UxyigU7bffc?t=1418
    Edited by TheMikrobe on January 24, 2019 1:13PM
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMikrobe wrote: »
    Congratulations! Soloing dungeons is the most fun thing for me in the game at the moment.
    I play by what I see not what rotation or whatever is the best.

Once you start doing harder dungeons the concept of a rotation disappears completely because you spend most of your time avoiding mechanics and just have to land attacks when you see a chance ;) (you do have to min-max and use gold gear though...)

https://youtu.be/UxyigU7bffc?t=1418

I shared this in another thread so I just copied it here, I'm sure I could go all gold gear and maybe even a better set but I like how this one plays so changing skills to max dps is not gonna happen with this one as he is more a fictional character than a tool for competition:
    I don't meta build, I make what I like. The character I do all of my solo questing is an Imperial Stamina DK. He Uses 5 Hunding and 4 Night Mother (Purple armor Gold weapon) and Agility Jewelry. I get about 14 to 16k single target dps and High health pool bosses it usually drops to about 9k because I use heavy attacks to keep resources full. The only time I pull 50k or more is on multiple targets. The way my character is built is the more targets I have the easier I can survive because shields stay maxed. This is all I need for the content I play. I don't need anything more and I don't want to change characters for story content just to be able to do it.

Honest question, When you folks talk about 50K+ dps, are you talking single or multiple targets and how long can you maintain that amount of dps?

Sure I have other toons that can do more but they are for groups and PvP, they are not my main story character.
    50651181_10218360874398446_6933884284579086336_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=27d1feea80caf4db8ace7ee87a6d4697&oe=5CC4E88A

Pic is without anything like food or a spell active.

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rebuttal to solo mode thread?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rebuttal to solo mode thread?

Not at all, after all of the discussion about solo mode and normal actually being normal I thought I'd give one a shot solo to see if I could do it. I hadn't tried one in about 3 years and to my surprise I completed it with my worst stat character and didn't die. I couldn't come close the last time I tried it after they got rid of zone levels.
    Edited by Casdha on January 25, 2019 5:47PM

• Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone that may be interested, the thread linked below has a good list of all of the dungeons that could be completed solo at that time.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/319908/which-group-dungeons-are-we-able-to-solo/p1
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, question and possible bug for the above quest.

Its not in the video but after exiting the door from the last fight (the one with a lever to open it) and before you reach the exit there is a portal that appeared.
    What is that portal for?

[Bug] I went through that portal before exiting the dungeon and it took me back to the spirits that were standing at the end of the quest still in the same state I left them quest wise (same dialog as in the video above after quest completion). I went to leave again and got to the door with a lever except this time there was no door just a black space where the door was. I went through the door and I walked maybe 5 to 10 steps in nothing but black space before I emerged again in the room next to the portal.
    Edited by Casdha on January 25, 2019 5:44PM

• Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The portal always takes you back to the last boss you killed. Think it's mainly there for replacement group members to catch up quickly.
    There are a lot of dungeons you can solo quite easily. What bugs me are the bosses with mechanics that require at least one other person to be there. A number of version 2 dungeons have them and pretty much all dlc dungeons.
    Edited by Everstorm on January 25, 2019 6:37PM