The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

xanmeer house bugs

immozz01
immozz01
✭✭✭
glad I didn't buy it, but friend of mine did.

- some of the fish swim outside of the "glass"??
- some textures are missing??

ZOS.... 15k crowns for a house and you don't check what you make in detail?? do fix this, it makes you look silly and make me wonder if I ever should consider buying an expensive house if you don't check and fix your mistakes..

es2ze0qn7tuy.png
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    Make sure your friend submitted a bug report about this, and submit one yourself! There are 2 threads in the Bug Report forum about the texture bug, which doesn't affect all PC players, but still seems to be hitting a significant portion of them (myself included). There are also a few YouTube videos about it. It was reported to them many times before the house was released, and so far ZoS hasn't acknowledged the bug or responded to anyone about it.

Honestly, it seems like not enough players care for them to bother with fixing it. Hardly anyone responds to the threads about it, it's not affecting everyone, and so many people bought the house the house anyway... I don't think fixing it is even on their radar, which is a shame because I was excited to buy this house and now I won't. Hopefully they'll re-release it in October or November and it will be fixed by then.
    Edited by lamatadita on January 24, 2019 8:37AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does no one remember the Earthtear Cavern fiasco where they made stealth modifications to the house and ruined several people’s builds? I am pretty sure there won’t be any changes after the fact. And they didn’t listen to feedback about the Xanmeer on the test server, so why would they listen to input now?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Does no one remember the Earthtear Cavern fiasco where they made stealth modifications to the house and ruined several people’s builds? I am pretty sure there won’t be any changes after the fact. And they didn’t listen to feedback about the Xanmeer on the test server, so why would they listen to input now?

yeah that's the part that frighten me, I have seen so many (small) reported bugs in all kind of content and it takes monthS till stuff till finally gets some sort of attention like "thank you for sharing this, we are looking in to it" and nothing happens.. it's like a let it bleed to death strategy. people get tired of qqing and give up, buy the next dlc so they can forget errors in old details. seems ZOS is using 102% of it's resources to provide the quarterly demanded DLC/story line that they are forced to do by shareholders and ignore anything else
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I think that was not long after I started playing, so I really don't know what happened with Earthtear!

This texture issue in the Xanmeer house seems like it might be primarily affecting PC players with nVidia cards, and it doesn't occur on the PTS at all, so I think ZoS is just ignoring it in favor of other things and hoping that it will eventually fix itself with a future nVidia driver update.

I think it's really shady of them to just turn a blind eye and refuse to even acknowledge or respond to the issue, especially when a lot of people didn't realize the bug existed until after they had purchased the house themselves. I hope those people ask to have their crowns refunded because they were sold faulty goods.

I'm still a little bitter, obviously, but I've accepted that I'm not going to be getting the house and am moving on to decorating the rest of my housing backlog.
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    I think you must be right about it being a pc problem. I am on Mac and touring the house I do not see any of the abbarations that you are reporting. The stairs look like stairs and not one fish to be found adventuring outside it’s bowl. The place looks cool. Needs some more lighting though. Wish you could fish in the ponds. The lower level exit is very cool.