The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Friendly NPCs are injured by player attacks

JkahrrRadnar
JkahrrRadnar
✭✭✭
Hi,
picture the following situation:
You enter a PvE Questing zone overrun with enemies (for example Seaside Sanctuary in Greenshade). There are clusters of friendly NPCs fighting enemy NPCs. You attack an enemy because that's what you, the player, are supposed to do.

What I EXPECT to happen (and what I think used to be the case?!) is that under these specific circumstances it does not matter if you accidentally hit the friendly NPC with an ability. They will not take damage, the justice system will not be triggered and they will not attack you in return.
What IS happening, is that friendlies take damage from me, I get massive bounty/attack on sight from guards and either gotta kill them or run away from the fight completely.

Did ZoS change the behaviour because it's more realistic or is it a bug? Because honestly, it kinda sucks to quest like this. :'D
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they have a yellow aura around them, that means they are neutral npcs, those can still be attacked. turn on "prevent attacking innocents" in your gameplay settings and that should help.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • JkahrrRadnar
    JkahrrRadnar
    ✭✭✭
    @codestripper Hm, but I really think it didn't used to be like this? Been playing the game on-and-off for 4 years (always with PAI off) and never had the "Murder" achievement before. Now since ~4 nights I'm the worst criminal :cold_sweat:

Turned it on now tho, if that fixes it I was just very lucky all this time :D
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @codestripper Hm, but I really think it didn't used to be like this? Been playing the game on-and-off for 4 years (always with PAI off) and never had the "Murder" achievement before. Now since ~4 nights I'm the worst criminal :cold_sweat:

Turned it on now tho, if that fixes it I was just very lucky all this time :D

Yeah I can only think of a very small amount of places where this is the case. idk though, hopefully that helps.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]