Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Real Pre-Order Item Question

Heishi
Heishi
✭✭✭✭✭
My wife and I got our pre-order bonus items. I've seen a number of things stating not to delete the character with pre-order items still attached or they'll just be gone. All the pre-order items appear to be bound though, so I'm not sure what they intend for you to do if items are on a char you don't want.

In particular the treasure maps are a bother because all the maps for all the areas are on one character. Also in my wifes case, once opened fully, they take up A LOT of room, and can't be moved or stored in the bank. Is there anyway to actually deal with this or is it just a "you're SOL, gotta delete them" situation. Thanks
And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Burbs
    Burbs
    ✭✭
    You should be able to move all items to your bank and be accesed by all characters on your account. I made a character just to hold all the maps and pets so as to not fill my bank space.
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    The problem happened when people took the items from the mail (the mail is account based) and deleted the character with the items in its bags. To prevent that, put those items in the bank before deleting the character.

The maps take so much room so create another character "a mule" and transfer (using the bank) all those items there.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot again. I know I tried putting one item in the bank and it wouldn't let me. But never hurts to check. I'll report back here how it goes.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Laerian‌ @Burbs‌ Alright so I had a chance to test further. The pets it let me deposit, but the treasure map urns it said "you can't do that now". I didn't have my wife test the individual maps yet though. Although if it has to be individual maps, I'd rather just keep them in urns given how many there are.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to take the maps out of the urn to put them in the bank. I had to make a character just to hold all the maps because my bank was so full.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kitsinni‌ I have one character that just does crafting, but due to the length of time between research, he's got quite the stockpile. Not to mention he holds all my alchemy items and racial styles. I had to upgrade his pack twice, bank's still full of crafting stuff, that's all I keep in there XD.

I also have 7/8 chars most of them aren't to full, but I don't want to do a bunch of character hoping to find items. Might not be bad using the last slot for a map mule lol
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    @Heishi: yes you can't store the urns, only the maps. The advice is only if you want to delete the character that has the urns.

I have the urns unopened too. Someone mentioned that maps can be taken one by one from urns IF the autoloot is disabled.