The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cheating at Town wayshrines

kenjiblaster25
kenjiblaster25
✭✭✭
Lost count of how often we reclaim one of the three main towns simply to find the culprits standing in the way shrine area.

When you lose a town you should be returned to gate to save yourself from being scum. ZoS, surely you don’t intend your players to be scum?

It’s worse when you’re running a scroll and the scum have a cheat spot to wait in. Fix it please.
Kenjil

Never Behind Guild - PvE & PvP & Trade & Trials & Friendship & Great laughs
Guild Motto - leave no one behind, stay on the crown, kill the greens
Ebonheart Pact
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they were afk before the town flipped?
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How is that cheating???
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    How is that cheating???
    agree.gifconfused24.gif
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to explain what they did that was cheating

Also, what are cheat spots players wait in to get scroll runners? Seems they would have to be lucky to know what route you will take outside of some deliberately designed pinch points like milegates.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Also, what are cheat spots players wait in to get scroll runners? Seems they would have to be lucky to know what route you will take outside of some deliberately designed pinch points like milegates.

I'm guessing he's talking about forward camps since you can see the scroll on the map and move in to intercept and drop a camp.
    idea.gif
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new town wayshrines disable all combat. You have to own the town to get inside the building but if the town flips while you are inside other alliances can't attack you. It makes them a very good place to go AFK. Since you can't attack or be damaged there, I don't get how they are "cheating."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

I'm guessing he's talking about forward camps since you can see the scroll on the map and move in to intercept and drop a camp.
    idea.gif

I would hope not since that is obviously not cheating.

Is this a Learn to run the scroll thread?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a Learn to run the scroll thread?
    Get a zerg ball on top of your scroll carrier and have them run circles around a keep you own.

It's like a never ending fountain of AP ...
    w00t.gif

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not cheating to go afk or to stand in the wayshrine area in the towns. Don't understand why you think it is scum. If the players knew a scroll was going to pass through, then I would call it a strategy.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

idea.gif

Using one’s brain is now considered cheating.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not cheating, but it's cheap and can be exploited for an advantage.

There are those who would sit there, wait for all opponents to leave, flip the town and then go safely afk again while they do other things.

If a faction loses a town, its players in the safe spot should be transported outside.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

There are those who would sit there, wait for all opponents to leave, flip the town and then go safely afk again while they do other things.

If a faction loses a town, its players in the safe spot should be transported outside.

That sounds excessively boring, doesn't help your faction significantly and is a lousy way to earn AP.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »

That sounds excessively boring, doesn't help your faction significantly and is a lousy way to earn AP.

It can certainly help one's faction by opening a respawn close to enemy keeps.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shocking I say! I’m actually happy I care less and less for campaigns. It’s much healthier anyway.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I care less and less for campaigns. It’s much healthier anyway.

I try to do this too, it makes everything a lot more fun.

It always comes back to this: In cyro, to care is to hate.

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Solution: have it so you can attack the players chilling at the wayshrine. Problem solved.

Players don't get booted from a keep when the enemy faction takes it over so do the same to the town wayshrines.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • kenjiblaster25
    kenjiblaster25
    ✭✭✭
    Delimber wrote: »
    Solution: have it so you can attack the players chilling at the wayshrine. Problem solved.

Players don't get booted from a keep when the enemy faction takes it over so do the same to the town wayshrines.

Best option if they aren’t to get booted.

No one said afk. Who complains about that? I’m talking about clusters of players who won’t or can’t fight and go wait there like little cowards. Then when you leave jump out and retake their 3k AP town. Stops the game being played properly - if you’ve cleared an alliance from an area then using this is cheating.

Kenjil

Never Behind Guild - PvE & PvP & Trade & Trials & Friendship & Great laughs
    Guild Motto - leave no one behind, stay on the crown, kill the greens
    Ebonheart Pact
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delimber wrote: »

Best option if they aren’t to get booted.

No one said afk. Who complains about that? I’m talking about clusters of players who won’t or can’t fight and go wait there like little cowards. Then when you leave jump out and retake their 3k AP town. Stops the game being played properly - if you’ve cleared an alliance from an area then using this is cheating.

That's not cheating at all... If they want to waste their time doing insanely boring crap like that, they are well within their rights to do so. Is it annoying? Sure, but you can just as easily wait in stealth until they start to flip the flags and murder their ass.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ... What they do is take a town and when a fight breaks out they run for the wayshrine building ... Stealth up n hide ...

Most group after taking a town will run off, or use the shrine ... The then hidden group takes the shrine back allowing for a death or keepstone spawn to occur

While not exactly cheating ... It's a bit sneaky ... Simply fix would be to put NPC that your not immune to if you're the opposing faction ... As it's a safe zone you can't use skills so you're dead. No more sneaky town takes
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheesy.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't get it. If they wanted to wait for the town to be taken, they could just as well wait near the town in stealth.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU