The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pet Damage on PTS now

DKMaestro
DKMaestro
✭✭✭
If belownis true, what does that do for pet damage?
Also - I don’t suppose that mean that their damage will scale off Spell damage as well?

All pets will now inherit your bonuses and derived stats. This means your Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Multipliers, Champion Points, and other % damage or healing amplifications will be applied to any pet you summon. Item sets that summon pets will continue to not inherent your Critical Strike Chance.

Developer Comment:
Spoiler
This was aimed at making the stat scaling system easier to understand in the long run; when you increase your own damage, your pets will now follow in scale as such. This is part of an ongoing process to make pets clearer and more enjoyable to use.
Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    Whoohoo!
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If true, that would be very nice...

Pet sorcs seem very weak atm. They could use a little boost.
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well from a quick parse last night before I went to bed I can tell you that with Mother's Sorrow, Necropotence, and Zaans I used to parse 40k and now I quite easily hit 44.6k with some mistakes...so...yeah this patch is going to be fun once I actually adjust my build properly. Going to see about getting closer to 50k with gear and cp adjustments.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well from a quick parse last night before I went to bed I can tell you that with Mother's Sorrow, Necropotence, and Zaans I used to parse 40k and now I quite easily hit 44.6k with some mistakes...so...yeah this patch is going to be fun once I actually adjust my build properly. Going to see about getting closer to 50k with gear and cp adjustments.

As an aside - why do you wear zaan to parse since you’d never be playing in melee range in trials? Just curious!
  • NocturnalSonata
    NocturnalSonata
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping they would do something like this. Need to test it on pts myself. But without some sort of buff to the way pets scale, the racial nerfs would have seen a slice of dps evaporate from petsorc.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to see about getting closer to 50k with gear and cp adjustments.
    Well, a player from PTS already did. I still don't know is it true or fake.
    2du9fo4.jpg
    It seems he use Necro + Sorrow + Maw. So no trial gear lol, stuff you can just buy from guld store. Both lightning staves one with fire, second with shock, both infused. No orbs, no buffs, 6 mil parse. 51k dps.

Also he maybe a... khajiit )
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As an aside - why do you wear zaan to parse since you’d never be playing in melee range in trials? Just curious!

Oh but I do use it in trials. Almost all content actually, the only times I wouldn't use it is maybe the first boss on vMoL or in vAS. Most of the time your group is stacking in trials so you are more often than not in melee range anyways. Even in 4 man DLC HM content and vMA I use Zaans. It just fits my playstyle quite nicely.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to grasp how this was a new addition? Pets were already supposed to inherit player stats from several patches ago.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Going to see about getting closer to 50k with gear and cp adjustments.
    Well, a player from PTS already did. I still don't know is it true or fake.
    2du9fo4.jpg
    It seems he use Necro + Sorrow + Maw. So no trial gear lol, stuff you can just buy from guld store. Both lightning staves one with fire, second with shock, both infused. No orbs, no buffs, 6 mil parse. 51k dps.

Also he maybe a... khajiit )

I don't know the mechanics of ultimate gain. Is 3 ultimate/second realistic??

And by the way -- how does one get 50 hits with "Fiery Weapon" on a parse that's under 120 seconds, without Torug's in the mix? (Combat Metrics bug?) For that matter, how does one get 76 light attacks plus 45 heavy ones?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 22, 2019 3:05PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Parse cheese... or you're like me, stick Zaan on a tank, and then forget it's there until a week later when you're halfway through a vetDLC pledge.
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    50K with 2 pets is pretty damn impressive - cheese or no. Running the Thief and MS is certainly viable.

Still interested in finding out, if pets now do damage off your Spell Damage. If they do, Necro could be ditched for a set like Spell Strategist...
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But really, how many fights are you not in melee range for?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I only do Normal Trials, but I can tell you as my healer or Magicka classes, I am nearly always in melee range. Many strats require people to simply group up, heal through any AoEs, and just burn the bosses down.
    Edited by kathandira on January 22, 2019 4:52PM
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Huh, I could never get my pet sorc to work out, maybe I should give it another shot.
    Despair for the Living...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already said it on the pts, but pets do not scale with spell damage. They still only scale with magicka.
    Pets already do inherit our crit chance, so why they wrote this is beyond me.

Pets do get affected by some CP passives now. Spell Erosion, elemental expert, elfborn and master at arms.
    Keep in mind this only applies to their basic attacks. Special attacks have always scaled with your CP (volatile familiar damage pulse for example) Pets are not affected by warrior CP, hence they are still as squishy as before.

So pets now work more like any other ability in the game, which is just fair. Pets were really underpowered on CP pvp. Because their attacks where weakened by enemy defensive CP, but had no CP buffs themselves to begin with.
    So let's view this as a needed bug fix.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So many boss fights where you can actually melee though.

Lightning Atro
    Earth Atro
    Valariel
    Ro-Katu
    Both 2nd bosses in vHRC
    The Warrior
    Mantikora (unless you are in kiting group)
    The Serpent
    1st Boss MoL if cursed people move out
    Twins
    Rakkhat (unless you kite/run)
    Chickens in vHoF
    2nd Boss as well
    Spider
    Junkyard (you are melee but aoe is usually better)
    Depending on tactic final boss as well

Sidebosses on minitrials as well if you don't do +X

Ultimately you'll swap monsterset based on encounter so Zaan certainly isn't just "cheese".
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »

I only do Normal Trials, but I can tell you as my healer or Magicka classes, I am nearly always in melee range. Many strats require people to simply group up, heal through any AoEs, and just burn the bosses down.
    Stacking is the norm. It's the people running about that cause a wipe. Zaan is totally viable and also the dummy bashers use it to inflate their parses. Most parses are with such an unrealistic loadout that they should be ignored. Zaan is viable tho