The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch Notes (PTS) - More things purchasable with tickets

tmbrinks
tmbrinks
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Reading the patch notes
First, there's the new Stupendous Jester's Festival Box. This reward box can only be earned once per day, per account, per each of the three Jester's Festival quests.
These Stupendous boxes contain additional rewards, above and beyond those found in the average Jester's Festival Box - such as Runeboxes and Runebox Fragments, valuable items to sell to vendors, and the new Outfit Style Pages for Cadwell's Weapons!
These never-before-seen weapon styles can be rarely earned from the Stupendous Jester's Festival Box, or purchased from the Impresario for 10 Event Tickets per Outfit Style.
During the event, the Springtide Indrik Pet will be available for purchase from the Impresario, for 10 Event Tickets.

There is already a limited number of tickets available to purchase the berries for the Indriks, as well as purchasing more feathers for future evolutions. By adding other things that are limited time only to the Impressario, you are taking away one of the core ideas behind the event tickets.. and that is that you could get some cosmetic rewards by simply playing the game. For people who are "completionist" and would like to get things, this makes it harder for people to get what they want.

I understand that people want options for what to buy, and you don't need to buy them all... but limiting people to only 12 tickets, and then making things event exclusive (like there will be 30 tickets you would spend to get all 3 of these items during this event) seems very, very restricting to people
Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
61,215 achievement points
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have seen this coming when they announced they were adding them to the Crown Store. Doi!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • GraphicArtistYT
    GraphicArtistYT
    ✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    I should have seen this coming when they announced they were adding them to the Crown Store. Doi!
    weedgenius wrote: »

Lolololololol
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something to spend my tickets on. Neat.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't buy feathers yet. Wait until you have all of the berries and trinkets first, and then spend tickets on feathers.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my biggest umbrage would be that it'll take 30 tickets to get all the things in this event (berry, pet, and weapon), with only 20 or so available in the event (assuming it's similar to other events), so you'd either have to save up and be sitting at 10/12 or higher going in, or purchase them from the crown store (which ZoS has said they would). The rewards in the Jester's Festival event are not solely attainable during the Jester's event... I feel that goes against the core mantra of the event tickets where you could obtain something in-game, by just playing the game.

(I fully understand that you can queue up the tickets, so that you could still purchase them all in that event)

...or maybe the Jester's festival is a full 15 days long, and there are 30 tickets available, but that has not been the MO so far with the events, as they've averaged about 20 available tickets per event
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Reading the patch notes
    First, there's the new Stupendous Jester's Festival Box. This reward box can only be earned once per day, per account, per each of the three Jester's Festival quests.
    These Stupendous boxes contain additional rewards, above and beyond those found in the average Jester's Festival Box - such as Runeboxes and Runebox Fragments, valuable items to sell to vendors, and the new Outfit Style Pages for Cadwell's Weapons!
    These never-before-seen weapon styles can be rarely earned from the Stupendous Jester's Festival Box, or purchased from the Impresario for 10 Event Tickets per Outfit Style.
    During the event, the Springtide Indrik Pet will be available for purchase from the Impresario, for 10 Event Tickets.

There is already a limited number of tickets available to purchase the berries for the Indriks, as well as purchasing more feathers for future evolutions. By adding other things that are limited time only to the Impressario, you are taking away one of the core ideas behind the event tickets.. and that is that you could get some cosmetic rewards by simply playing the game. For people who are "completionist" and would like to get things, this makes it harder for people to get what they want.

I understand that people want options for what to buy, and you don't need to buy them all... but limiting people to only 12 tickets, and then making things event exclusive (like there will be 30 tickets you would spend to get all 3 of these items during this event) seems very, very restricting to people

Depends on how many tickets we get from other events and if they selling anything new during the two events before the Jester Festival event. If we keep getting two or more tickets per events we will be fine. I am trying to get all of the Indriks mounts myself. I already have enough feathers for one full Nacent Indrik mount, I have the first berry, and I have enough tickets to get the second berry now. What am I going to spend the rest of my tickets on? More feathers? I was expecting more things from the event vendor. The way I see it no matter what, players are going to be upset about it. I would treated it like everthing else in game. I cannot get everything. So get what can. Move along and cry about it.
  • Intextio
    Intextio
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone wants every single Indrik evolution. Giving players the ability to purchase outfit styles with event tickets is a great idea!
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Intextio wrote: »
    Not everyone wants every single Indrik evolution. Giving players the ability to purchase outfit styles with event tickets is a great idea!

Exactly. I have no interest in any of the mounts at all, so this works out in my favour.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 12/12 right now and that's even after buying the 1st Berry, so I can buy the pet do the event and still get the 2nd berry

I don't see a problem, tickets are easy to obtain
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 12/12 right now and that's even after buying the 1st Berry, so I can buy the pet do the event and still get the 2nd berry

I don't see a problem, tickets are easy to obtain

Do you have 4 more feathers saved up? That's where the problem arises. If you want more than just the Dawnwood evolution of the indrik, starting in Q2 you're going to need four more feathers as well as the berries AND the new trinkets (if you want them). If the pattern holds that will be roughly 40 tickets to spend per event.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under the current system... assuming that there are approximately 20 tickets available per event (which has been the case for the first 5 events), and you would like all of the Indriks, you would need 360 tickets in the events. With 4 per quarter (and the ones from last quarter), there are about 400 tickets available, so you would could not miss too much.

There are still "technically" enough tickets available to get everything. The problem arises now that you need to spend 30 tickets in an event to get all the items, IF all the items are the ones that you want in that event. There are only 20 tickets available (if past practices hold). So, for this event, there are not enough tickets for the person who wants all 3 items from this event.

I understand that not everybody wants everything, and that's okay, I'm probably not going to get everything either, if I'm being honest. But, for this event, in isolation, you cannot buy everything that is available from doing the event... that's where I believe it goes against their "earn by playing" idea that they have with the tickets
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading the patch notes

Depends on how many tickets we get from other events and if they selling anything new during the two events before the Jester Festival event. If we keep getting two or more tickets per events we will be fine. I am trying to get all of the Indriks mounts myself. I already have enough feathers for one full Nacent Indrik mount, I have the first berry, and I have enough tickets to get the second berry now. What am I going to spend the rest of my tickets on? More feathers? I was expecting more things from the event vendor. The way I see it no matter what, players are going to be upset about it. I would treated it like everthing else in game. I cannot get everything. So get what can. Move along and cry about it.

To get the 2nd evolution, you need to buy another copy of each of the feathers, so you have another Nascent Indrik to evolve. When all is said and done... to have all 4 evolutions, and an un-evolved Nascent Indrik, you will need to buy 5 of each of the feathers, 4 x 4 = 16 berries from the events, for a total of 360 tickets spent... the events through 2019 are on pace to give you 400 total
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't necessarily the number of TOTAL tickets needed, it's the tickets needed in that one specific event will be greater than the number available.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming that there's also going to be an Onyx and Pure-Snow pet, I'd honestly rather have the pet set.

aw_crwn_pets_springtideindrik_1x1.jpg

aw_crwn_pets_indrikillustrious_1x1.jpg

Perhaps a little more concerning is the Cadwell Kitchen style, which has a pot helm arguably more elegantly designed than the one you get by playing through Gold. I don't believe the weapons have been mined, though.

aw_crwn_outfitstyle_cadwellskitchenstyle_1x1.jpg

signing off
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you'll have to wait until 2020's events to complete your Indrik collections.

Of course, you know they waited until the end of the PvP event to reveal that you would need all the tickets you could have gotten in the past two weeks, right? Think that is a coincidence? :)
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Looks like you'll have to wait until 2020's events to complete your Indrik collections.

Of course, you know they waited until the end of the PvP event to reveal that you would need all the tickets you could have gotten in the past two weeks, right? Think that is a coincidence? :)

I think Jester's festival is the first event of Q2... I'm fairly certain we have 3 more events this quarter before we get there
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Jester's festival is the first event of Q2... I'm fairly certain we have 3 more events this quarter before we get there

Each unique Q1 event will provide you with the opportunity to buy new Indrik Berries from the Impresario:
    Midyear Mayhem (In January!) – Dawnwood Berries of Bloom
    Morrowind Celebration – Dawnwood Berries of Budding
    Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood Celebration – Dawnwood Berries of Growth
    Jester’s Festival – Dawnwood Berries of Ripeness
    Note that the Impresario is only available during each event.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55477

signing off
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having 7 tickets 4 feathers and the berry. This one wondered that to do the the extras.
    They can not be gifted to friends with an life.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Each unique Q1 event will provide you with the opportunity to buy new Indrik Berries from the Impresario:
    Midyear Mayhem (In January!) – Dawnwood Berries of Bloom
    Morrowind Celebration – Dawnwood Berries of Budding
    Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood Celebration – Dawnwood Berries of Growth
    Jester’s Festival – Dawnwood Berries of Ripeness
    Note that the Impresario is only available during each event.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55477

thanks... last event of Q1

so, if you want all 3 items, you'll need to go into that event with at least 10/12 tickets... as it's the last event, so the berries would only be available during that event.
    Edited by tmbrinks on January 21, 2019 10:53PM
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwell's weapon style pages can be traded, at least on PTS.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming that there's also going to be an Onyx and Pure-Snow pet, I'd honestly rather have the pet set.

OMG that's the cutest pet I've EVER seen! So I'll have to maybe not evolve the Nascent I have ('cause I really like it the way it is anyway....) Though I do already have one Dawnwood berry. We'll - I'll figure it out.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on January 22, 2019 1:10AM
  • pocketdefender
    pocketdefender
    ✭✭✭
    @Acrolas Cadwell's weapon styles are available on the PTS right now, and they're great.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have nascent indrik, 1 dawnwood berry and 4 feathers waiting to be another nascent indrik in Q2 plus 12 tickets just waiting for the next dawnwood berry. So will have spare next event & thus glad there will be other stuff to buy with tickets 🙂
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    Something to spend my tickets on. Neat.

I've been wondering what to do with my event tickets from the New Life festival. Now I can get a cute little indrik! <3

I figured those tickets would be clogging up my currency forever. Nice to know there's something cool you can earn if you just want to have fun with events instead of entering the mount grind.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be an issue for completionists who just need everything. The vast majority of players will probably be happy to have something else than the Indriks to spend their tickets on though, cos frankly they are hideous and hardly anybody uses the mount.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather just collect the one nascent indrik and the indrik pets instead of evolving indriks. This is perfect for me!
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased about the pets - I am feathers in front currently, and don't care for the pots and pans armour and weapons so much. Though spanging the enemy with a frying pan would have some comedy appeal! :disappointed:

I also want a spade for the necromancer!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Have nascent indrik, 1 dawnwood berry and 4 feathers waiting to be another nascent indrik in Q2 plus 12 tickets just waiting for the next dawnwood berry. So will have spare next event & thus glad there will be other stuff to buy with tickets 🙂

I'm trying to figure out how other players have procured so many tickets. I've only missed 1-2 days since they started with the ticketed events, I think... I have the base indrik, first berry, 3 feathers for second indrik and 6 tickets banked. That would mean you've acquired 16 extra tickets which is a lot more than I thought I missed. Do you remember which event it started with?
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

OMG that's the cutest pet I've EVER seen! So I'll have to maybe not evolve the Nascent I have ('cause I really like it the way it is anyway....) Though I do already have one Dawnwood berry. We'll - I'll figure it out.

I’ve gone an accidentally bought a dawnwood Berry because I’m stupid and thought you need one of each and have to ‘use’ the one of the 4 of which you wanted to evolve. Headdesk. I don’t like the dawnwood one and the pets are adorable!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    Hallothiel wrote: »

I'm trying to figure out how other players have procured so many tickets. I've only missed 1-2 days since they started with the ticketed events, I think... I have the base indrik, first berry, 3 feathers for second indrik and 6 tickets banked. That would mean you've acquired 16 extra tickets which is a lot more than I thought I missed. Do you remember which event it started with?

the biggest "missed" tickets are the ones that you can do between the 1 AM EST reset and 10 AM EST when the event ends on the next day.

(I currently have the base indrik, 4 feathers for the next one, 1 feather for the 2nd in line, and the first berry from this event). I believe I've only missed 3 or 4 of the available tickets from the events total.