The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do i really need discord?

KhajiitFelix
KhajiitFelix
✭✭✭✭✭
So if i want to do serious raids, do i need to talk with other people? Or listening is enough? If i need to talk what role can just listen?
Do I need to talk if im a healer?
Do i need to talk if im a tank?
Do i need to talk if im a DD?
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally depending on what kind of group you're in you don't need to talk unless it's basic things like calling out which position you want in vMoL or which side you're going in vHRC, etc..

However if you join a proper raid guild you will most likely need some communication if you play any sort of role (such as kiter or runner)
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if i want to do serious raids, do i need to talk with other people? Or listening is enough? If i need to talk what role can just listen?
    Do I need to talk if im a healer?
    Do i need to talk if im a tank?
    Do i need to talk if im a DD?

DPS can get away with Just Listening - but tanks and healers usually not. We need to call Ultis and other things.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that if you have a good leader(s), you'll end up listening 99% of the time, regardless of what role you are in.

The less organized a group is, the more i have to speak up and try to get people to focus ...
    shades.gif
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you need discord, teamspeak or something else
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to do "serious" raids or even veteran pugs, at minimum you'll need to be able to listen.

If support, more often than not you'll be asked to talk. DPS can often just listen in.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Social anxiety can be overcome.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just say you are unable to speak due to physical limitations. :wink:

But yea you generally require the ability to listen.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re not a tank or a healer you don’t need to speak but you need to be able to hear.

If you’re a DPS that wants to be relied upon to contribute in some key fights that require communication, you’ll need to be able to speak briefly but you needn’t “chat”.

But as someone said it’s actually probably better for serious trials to not speak. Communication is key and a great deal of wipes could probably be avoided with clear coms only announcing the most relevant info succincty by the leader and anyone else helping with call-outs.

Discord also is mainly, for most guilds a text based tool so its handy for text char and posting links and sharing info - so more beneficial than just the voice component.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated, it depends on the group, and the type of player you want to be.

It is right that players remain silent during a pull outside of pertinent conversation. That pertinent conversation can make the difference between a wipe or clear.

If you are a tank and healer you most certainly will need to be able to talk.

First off, the MT makes most calls in a boss fight as they are the ones that see most tells that something is about to happen. Any good tank can handle that.

Second, healers need to communicate with each other for what should seem like obvious reasons and for fight specific changes that are random and cannot be planned out ahead of time (MoL Twins). They also sometimes need to communicate with the group for again what should seem like obvious reasons.

Similarly, DPS could have things they need to say and it would also depend on their class. Someone would is unwilling to talk will not be allowed in such an important position.

Yes, I have healed with a deaf healer in trials, She obviously could not talk. She had to be better than most healers actually are since she had to notice everything. I also had to pay attention to her so I could take action accordingly. That is something most players would be very challenged with being they need to keep up with their role, have good area awareness and constantly watch what another player does. I am sure some would rise to the occasion, but this was also not a competitive raid group.