The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamblade questions

AppleJuiceBox2
AppleJuiceBox2
✭✭✭
So I was maining a level 29 magplar as my first character super easy and was killing me in how easy it is.

I switched to a Khajiit Stamblade and love it! Only lvl 10 but feels like I’m doing something!

Now questions.

1) I am dual-wielding. Can I use any combo of one hands or does it have to be daggers?

2) I’m doing 5 medium, 1 heavy and 1 light. Because I read to do that but can’t injust run 6 medium and 1 heavy?

3) Is there enough skill points in the game to max whatever skills work and also like crafting as well?

4) I’m following the skills advisor for the assassin I think it’s Umbral Assassin.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) The Dual Wielding skill line use any two one-handed weapons - swords, axes, maces and daggers.

2) Yes, you can, however, I would recommend levelling all three armour skills to 50 and taking the useful passives.

3) There are over 400 skill points you can obtain. This includes all current chapters and DLC, though. See this (scroll down to Earning Skill Points):
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Skills

4) I wouldn't worry about builds much before level 50 CP 160.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to add on to @Watchdog. I primarily play PVE and dabble in PVP, there's your buyer beware notice

1) Daggers are preferred for PVE. Axes can be used in PVP for bleeds

2) All medium is preferred for PVE due to the regen and damage. The trio is viable in PVP for a variety of reasons

3) Yes. More than enough. I'm a CP700 and I have leftover skill points

4) There are many, many sites and builds out there recommending skills. Find out what the most common skills are and start with those. You can then branch out from there. Its been my experience that there are a handful that cross over between PVE and PVP, but many more that do not. One thing is a constant, for PVE you will want Caltrops, Poison Injection (bow) and Dawnbreaker. Vigor is also not a bad skill to have, either, in both PVE and PVP
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say, play the game how you wish till you are at least cp 160. Then bother about builds and other things.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    I say, play the game how you wish till you are at least cp 160. Then bother about builds and other things.

Once you reach CP160, still keep playing as you want. Differences between Meta and a good solid build are less than people let on about. Unless your doing Veteran Trials for Leaderboard Times, you don't need the Meta.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I was maining a level 29 magplar as my first character super easy and was killing me in how easy it is.

I switched to a Khajiit Stamblade and love it! Only lvl 10 but feels like I’m doing something!

Now questions.

1) I am dual-wielding. Can I use any combo of one hands or does it have to be daggers?

2) I’m doing 5 medium, 1 heavy and 1 light. Because I read to do that but can’t injust run 6 medium and 1 heavy?

3) Is there enough skill points in the game to max whatever skills work and also like crafting as well?

4) I’m following the skills advisor for the assassin I think it’s Umbral Assassin.

5/1/1 is for undaunted passives, i prefer 5/2 myself for pvp, daggers increase crit chance which is useful in pve

This might help https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/
  • AppleJuiceBox2
    AppleJuiceBox2
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add on to @Watchdog. I primarily play PVE and dabble in PVP, there's your buyer beware notice

1) Daggers are preferred for PVE. Axes can be used in PVP for bleeds

2) All medium is preferred for PVE due to the regen and damage. The trio is viable in PVP for a variety of reasons

3) Yes. More than enough. I'm a CP700 and I have leftover skill points

4) There are many, many sites and builds out there recommending skills. Find out what the most common skills are and start with those. You can then branch out from there. Its been my experience that there are a handful that cross over between PVE and PVP, but many more that do not. One thing is a constant, for PVE you will want Caltrops, Poison Injection (bow) and Dawnbreaker. Vigor is also not a bad skill to have, either, in both PVE and PVP

This is amazing for me! Thank you very much! I think this was very helpful for me and gave me more confidence in my playing.

Also just started using bow and omg amazing!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now questions.

1. Daggers are optimal for most PVE, but below 50, do whatever you want. You wont notice the differenec.
    2. 5/1/1 is the recomended leveling setup so that you gain experience in all armor lines and level them, but also benefit from any medium armor passives that require you to wear 5. At end game, you want to be able to run different options for different scenarios.
    3. There are more than enough skill points to do just about anything. Getting them all is another story. Dont hesitate to respec as needed.
    4. The skill adviser is unfortunately not all that great IMO. The best advice I can give you is try to level all your class skills to morph. As a stambalde, level DW, 2H, Bow, and perhaps S+B. You also definitely want to level medium and heavy armor. Light is probably optional, but why not. When it comes to morphs, pick the one that costs stamina as a general rule.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.Daggers are the best.
    2.Go 6 med 1 heavy or full medium
    3.Yes
    4.That advisor is ok