The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Refugee Seeking Enlightenment

umbracron
umbracron
Soul Shriven
I played ESO at launch for about 2 months then stopped. All I have is the base game for PC on my account.
Is the base game essentially worthless?
Are expansions required at this point?
If I wanted to get all expansions which ones do I need to buy? (Some expansions for other games are baked in to other versions)
Is this game worth playing at all?

I left WoW after the BFA fiasco and had been playing since vanilla.. is ESO in a similar state business wise?

I am trying to decide if ESO is worth being my new home away from home.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, some people will say yes. some will say no. The game is playable without the additional content. it is really a matter of taste.
    Expansion wise the first ones i got was the 4 dlc pack. my reasoning was the relatively low price (the discount i got on the 4 dlc's), with maelstrom arena in it (the one and only high end solo player content you will find).

There are dungeon dlc's, i do not recommend getting them unless u have proper equipment (two sets + 1 monster set) and vague idea of what you are doing, because some are harsh. I for once, love them.

Summerset is a must if you want to be a crafter. it also gives you access to BiS equipment for Magicka and stamina dd's.

but honestly? i don't think it is a question you should ask the forums. go, play the game, join some guilds, if you are enjoying it enough to invest time and money in it, do it, if not, don't.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends entirely on what you want to do,

If you want to quest and didnt completely exhaust the alliance quest zones or you want to PVP in Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds, the base game is still fine.

If you want to be a stealthy thief/killer, Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild DLC are top notch.

If you want new and engaging storylines, you'll want Morrowind-Clockwork City- Summerset to fill out the Daedric Wars arc, or Murkmire or Orsinium or Imperial City for good stand alone storylines.

If you want challenging dungeons, go for the DLC dungeon packs.

If you want arenas/trials, you'll want Orsinium, Morrowind, Clockwork City, Summerset and Murkmire.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Games great, you don't NEED DLCs to get along they just content really. Sure some have the odd weopon etc of you after the last 1% min max.

But £8.99 gets you a month of full access so you can always try then buy.

Personally i only rate Imperial City (PvP extension) and Orsinium (cool zone and solo arena) as being worth buying.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP