The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CLASS SWAP: now is the time

Algorax
Algorax
✭✭✭✭
This may be just another request for the very same item, but i found this to be the most appropriate time to ask for It.
In my personal opinion, this game needs a CLASS SWAP TOKEN sold in the crown store, now more than ever.
The community is finally getting what It was most requested, the necromancer class, and for that i sincerely thank the devs for their capability to perceive our needs.
But now that the most requested class is almost here, we should expect that players will be encouraged to create new characters to enjoy It.
This high demand is great, but the community faces limitations in this.
Take my example:

I have reached the maximum Number of characters obtainable, even with crown store unlocks.
They are all geared, with some kind of progression and they are all at max lvl.
Me and everyone who spent time on the progression of multiple characters, are in dire Need od such token that May allow us to compensate the characters limits and skip several grinding for skill bars and other such things.

I'd suggest that the token, while changing your class would maintain the current skill lvls of the 3 class talent trees.

I Hope that this plea will not go unaswered, because i put time and effort in each of my characters and i don't want to delete a whole character in order to fully try a new class.

Thank you
Edited by Algorax on January 18, 2019 12:32PM
  • Yigrok
    Yigrok
    ✭✭✭
    Algorax wrote: »
    This may be just another request for the very same item, but i found this to be the most appropriate time to ask for It.
    In my personal opinion, this game needs a CLASS SWAP TOKEN sold in the crown store, now more than ever.
    The community is finally getting what It was most requested, the necromancer class, and for that i sincerely thank the devs for their capability to perceive our needs.
    But now that the most requested class is almost here, we should expect that players will be encouraged to create new characters to enjoy It.
    This high demand is great, but the community faces limitations in this.
    Take my example:

I have reached the maximum Number of characters obtainable, even with crown store unlocks.
    They are all geared, with some kind of progression and they are all at max lvl.
    Me and everyone who spent time on the progression of multiple characters, are in dire Need od such token that May allow us to compensate the characters limits and skip several grinding for skill bars and other such things.

I'd suggest that the token, while changing your class would maintain the current skill lvls of the 3 class talent trees.

I Hope that this plea will not go unaswered, because i put time and effort in each of my characters and i don't want to delete a whole character in order to fully try a new class.

Thank you

Rich said it, not going to happen.
    1st of all it's more tricky-er than the race change and 2nd of all they don't really want that.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yigrok wrote: »
    Rich said it, not going to happen.
    1st of all it's more tricky-er than the race change and 2nd of all they don't really want that.

I'm leaning towards "they don't really want that".

Don't see why changing class is technically so much trickier than changing race. It's all just numbers in a database.
  • AntonShan
    AntonShan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't see why changing class is technically so much trickier than changing race. It's all just numbers in a database.

Don't see why making games is technically so much tricky. It's all just numbers in a memory. and programmers are basically just tapping keys on their keyboards.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AntonShan wrote: »

Don't see why making games is technically so much tricky. It's all just numbers in a memory. and programmers are basically just tapping keys on their keyboards.

Yes because writing an entire game from scratch is totally within the same order of difficulty as changing one field from CLASS_SORCERER to CLASS_NECROMANCER and clearing references to 3 class skill lines.

No, of course I haven't seen the code, but I'd be genuinely shocked if it was a great deal more complex than that under the hood.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still, not providing that token will most likely result in a loss: i never shopped any supply to lvl up from the store and i see no reason to do it in the future.
    Might just provide it and give faithful players like me more flexibility at a reasonable price...
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like someone is gonna have to grind again
  • SiAScORCH
    SiAScORCH
    ✭✭✭✭
    It won't happen, so let it go.
  • ccloyesb14_ESO
    ccloyesb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    And may i know the REAL reasons?
    Because, let's be honest, it surely is not a matter of difficulty...
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There would be no point to levelling up other classes and having like 8 maxed out characters as different classes, i can see a 1-50 token but not a class change
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said they will provide one free char slot and increase the max qty we can get
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And may i know the REAL reasons?
    Because, let's be honest, it surely is not a matter of difficulty...

All we know is that there are two aspects to it.

1) It is more difficult to implement than a race change. We have to accept this at face value because, frankly, we don't know what design, programming, and implementation is necessary to do this, and how complicated that all is. If they say it is more difficult, it is more difficult. QED.

2) They don't want to do this. I feel that this is the deciding reason.

Difficulties are surmountable, given enough time and effort. They obviously don't want to do it enough to expend that time and effort.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    They said they will provide one free char slot and increase the max qty we can get

I am aware, but the only reasonable amount would be 3 or more additional slots, in order to try every aspect of the class.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is NEVER going to let you do this, and they already explained it a million times.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer: No
    Long answer: Noooooooo
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Take my money zos! No? Um, okay geniuses, have fun with that.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »

Yep, that's the concept. Now, knowing that programming difficulties are not a problem and if they are then they may surely be solved, the only remaining reason i see is that they calculated a loss of income if they add the product.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, that's the concept. Now, knowing that programming difficulties are not a problem and if they are then they may surely be solved, the only remaining reason i see is that they calculated a loss of income if they add the product.

The remaining reason is no successful game has ever offered this service. Changing a core part of a character isnt the same as swapping small racial bonus or how the character looks. "Oh, sorc is new fotm? Reroll for cash gg"
    Edited by notimetocare on January 24, 2019 1:02PM
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭

The remaining reason is no successful game has ever offered this service.

That's just another reason to be the first!
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭

No other games has ever started you out as the maximum level, with all of the obtainable gear already in your bags, and with unlimited money! Let's be the first!

The reason no one else has done it, is because it's a BAD decision to make. When even the GREEDIEST of developers, chose not to do it, there must be a very good reason for that.
    Edited by Aluneth on January 24, 2019 7:21PM
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aluneth wrote: »

No other games has ever started you out as the maximum level, with all of the obtainable gear already in your bags, and with unlimited money! Let's be the first!

The reason no one else has done it, is because it's a BAD decision to make. When even the GREEDIEST of developers, chose not to do it, there must be a very good reason for that.

Is this a serious comment? Noone here would start a brand new character: you ate your *** and you lvled your character up.
    The argument about bags and money is so silly that i feel insulted just by mentioning it...
    Not to mention that you have not a single proof that the dev's decision is their own and not driven by a company profit policy or that they all agree about this topic.
    Edited by Algorax on January 24, 2019 7:31PM
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never gonna happen so can these type of threads just stop? They told you, they don't want to do it. End of discussion.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wallets ready Zos
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im in favor, i just think it would be more difficult than it would be worth for zos. So they most likely will never do it
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could see them doing it if all your class experience was wiped. Meaning you'd have to actually level your new class skills, so that you learn the class, not just be able to immediately assign all class skills/morphs.

But, I still don't see it happening. But, I suppose ZOS could change their minds.