The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

stop keeps from randomly changing shape

Lagz
Lagz
✭✭✭
a big cause of load screens are keeps just randomly change shapes even if it doesn't change owners. there's no need for it as far as I can tell.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are upgrades and downgrades from holding and losing resources within the superstructure of the keep. You may see no need for it, but it’s the only small thing left in Cyrodiil that advocates in favor of tactical objective based play.

It’s also not random. It is based off how long the alliance holding the keep has held a particular resource.
    Edited by Anrose on January 19, 2019 1:32PM
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was standing on the extended rampart in Chalman when it disappeared and I fell. The keep was not under attack and we owned the mine - also not under attack (which is what would have caused it to disappear). In about 30 seconds the rampart appeared again with nothing else changing.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • AtrophyFX
    AtrophyFX
    ✭✭
    100% agree with this. during big fights on keep walls etc, being thrown into a loadscreen because the keeps been upgraded is utter trash. losing fights to load screens is a massive game flaw
    "Now you. You can call me Ann Marie. But only if you're partial to being flayed alive and having an angry immortal skip rope with your entrails. If not... Then call me Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness. Charmed." - Ann Marie
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    Those are upgrades and downgrades from holding and losing resources within the superstructure of the keep. You may see no need for it, but it’s the only small thing left in Cyrodiil that advocates in favor of tactical objective based play.

It’s also not random. It is based off how long the alliance holding the keep has held a particular resource.

There is no need for it, because loading screen is easily the most powerful effect upgrades/downgrades have. It should be removed and while at it, Wheeler should remove resources as well, because they are just trap objectives for young players. What matters is whether a keep is UA, so that defenders can not port, bloodport nor recall (and I would be super keen to read dev comment on adding recall stones), and those already there can not sortie and respawn over and over, and to set a keep UA, one has to shoot the keep, not circle around and flip resources.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

There is no need for it, because loading screen is easily the most powerful effect upgrades/downgrades have. It should be removed and while at it, Wheeler should remove resources as well, because they are just trap objectives for young players. What matters is whether a keep is UA, so that defenders can not port, bloodport nor recall (and I would be super keen to read dev comment on adding recall stones), and those already there can not sortie and respawn over and over, and to set a keep UA, one has to shoot the keep, not circle around and flip resources.

Your comment makes so little sense that I legitimately cannot tell if you’re trolling or not.

Removing resources provides no value and is only a detriment.
    You already have to shoot the keep for it to mark under attack. Flipping the resources does not do that; it only prevents transit in and out.

Resources and keep upgrades/downgrades provide players with tactical choices when attacking a keep instead of just running up to the front door to die.

If you’re so worried about load screen during an upgrade/downgrade, then ask ZOS to fix the consistent performance problems which is the root cause of the problem here.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

Your comment makes so little sense that I legitimately cannot tell if you’re trolling or not.

Removing resources provides no value and is only a detriment.

Quite the opposite, they provide only a detriment in exchange for no value, because upgrades/downgrades do not matter and cutting a keep off does not aid attackers.
    You already have to shoot the keep for it to mark under attack. Flipping the resources does not do that; it only prevents transit in and out.

That is the point; it does not prevent transit in and out, because players can still bloodport or recall. But most will have been already there by the time all resources are gone.
    Resources and keep upgrades/downgrades provide players with tactical choices when attacking a keep instead of just running up to the front door to die.

They provide them with choices that are 99% of the time so inferior to running up to the front door and sieging right away, that they are effectively trap choices.
    If you’re so worried about load screen during an upgrade/downgrade, then ask ZOS to fix the consistent performance problems which is the root cause of the problem here.

That is valid point, but it is not as though ZOS was not asked countless of times already with no result.

EDIT: in the same vein, we could also ask ZOS to make resources & upgrades/downgrades relevant, but it is ZOS, so...No, just ditch them completely and at least get rid of some loading screens.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on January 28, 2019 12:54AM
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, as for relation to resources held:

Screenshot-2019-01-27-17-25-27.png
    Screenshot-2019-01-27-17-26-26.png
    Screenshot-2019-01-27-17-27-01.png
    Screenshot-2019-01-27-17-28-30.png
    Screenshot-2019-01-27-17-29-26.png
    Screenshot-2019-01-27-17-30-28.png
    Screenshot-2019-01-27-17-30-35.png