Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

When do quests turn "grey"?

byghostlightrwb17_ESO
Im a bit of a completionist so find myself way behind the curve and infact last night I was wandering around trying not to kill things too much because I dont want the XP. (I already get enough from killing crabs for crafting). Im 13 now and have two green level 8 quests. I have put them at the top of my list but got me wondering...

1)when do quests "grey" out and stop giving xp and stuff? I presume I can still do them?
2) is there a point mobs stop dropping loot? IE those pesky crabs and their rawhide
Edited by byghostlightrwb17_ESO on April 7, 2014 11:16PM
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mobs never stop dropping loot; it's just going to be so far out of your need range that there's really no point.

They'll still reward you if grey, it's just that you won't get the same level of reward as you would have if they had been yellow. Proportionally, they're minimal to your XP bar.
  • Jake71887
    Jake71887
    ✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Mobs never stop dropping loot; it's just going to be so far out of your need range that there's really no point.

They'll still reward you if grey, it's just that you won't get the same level of reward as you would have if they had been yellow. Proportionally, they're minimal to your XP bar.

Mobs do stop dropping loot, I don't even get gold off grey enemies...

As for rawhide though, I have noticed I'm still able to get crafting resources off mobs, as well as quest items. Just not other loot.