The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

I want template LVL 50 ALTS Available for Sale in the CROWN STORE

keto3000
keto3000
✭✭✭
IMO, the game has reached a point in its 5 year history to allow the viable option of purchasing ready made TEMPLATE LVL 50 for alts (Just like on PTS).

A) The option to purchase a lvl 50 Template is only available if you already have at least one lvl 50 main toon that you've earned through gameplay.

B) You can purchase "Achievement Packs" to supplement need skill points, main quest completion, etc.

C) ALT toons BELOW lvl 50 would NOT have access to CP points UNTIL reaching lvl 50. this would make for more balanced and fairer interaction and gameplay with other first time and new players.

Edited by ZOS_Mika on January 23, 2019 4:35PM
“The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    You forgot the most important point:

You can skip the game and just watch the final credits, then you're done !
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Er no, just no!!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the double post?

Double the "No Thanks!"
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'know.... WoW did this. I used it. But I only used it on classes where I knew what I was doing....

Eh, that was all of them though. I played from early 2006 to mid 2013.... I had 70 girls across 7 accounts. I knew how to play every class.

Now, I know this thread is clickbait.... but there's a certain populace in any game which WANTS this. I don't think it's anathema - but I do think it should not be wholesale available. I think - it shouldn't be available at all, unless to those who have max level characters in the given class(es). And (as with WoW) it should cost a LOT OF MONEY - real world money.

And really ZOS - you should close threads like this.... before they get this far.
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something something slippery slope.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thank-you. game is easy enough. Inklings can level new toon 1-50 in under 1 hour-go watch his videos.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown store item max meta geared toons for crowns. We will also run quests, dungeons and raids for crowns. You can live life knowing that we will be playing the game for you.
    PC-NA
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown store item max meta geared toons for crowns. We will also run quests, dungeons and raids for crowns. You can live life knowing that we will be playing the game for you.

Heh. Yeah. The epitome of "I beat the game".... somehow. Or other.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stone-cold-laughing.gif
    Why remake the thread?
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    No
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, and repeating yourself won't change that.

Go play one if the Asian P2W rpgs don't bring that cancer here.
    Edited by Skwor on January 20, 2019 5:23AM
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I don't give a s**t about the opinions of those who say no. Don't want one? Don't buy it. Move along.

It's not that easy to roll another alt for some of us. It can take a long long time if you pvp. You need to level your skills, the Mage/Fighters line, Undaunted takes forever and don't get me started on feeding the horses.

120 days to get your horses up to speed and stam. I'd rather play a new game lol.

• Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I don't give a s**t about the opinions of those who say no. Don't want one? Don't buy it. Move along.

It's not that easy to roll another alt for some of us. It can take a long long time if you pvp. You need to level your skills, the Mage/Fighters line, Undaunted takes forever and don't get me started on feeding the horses.

120 days to get your horses up to speed and stam. I'd rather play a new game lol.

Your better off playing an RPG, rather than an mmo rpg
    PC-NA
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭

Your better off playing an RPG, rather than an mmo rpg

*You're
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, you've never actually used those templates have you?

Yeah, there's a few things in those that might be slightly problematic, including unlimited crafting materials. No, really, unlimited. Each container has a copy of itself in the container.

There's also a container with every earnable cosmetic item in the game. I mean, really, why would you need to run vMaw to prove how badass you are, when you can just buy a template?

There's 180 horse training books.

Every non-crafted set in the game.

Every motif in the game, including (sometimes) ones that aren't even available in game.

Every base game house.

Best of all, they don't even have the skyshards or dungeon clears. Templates simply hand you an extra 150 skill points, because that's balanced.

As someone who actually makes money by selling motifs and crafting mats, your decision to buy this would affect me.

So, no. Templates have no place on the live server.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The wife and I were discussing this the other day. We both have about 10 max level alts or more, and the thought of leveling up another character for the Necromancer class just doesn’t appeal to either one of us. I might consider it IF we could buy a pre-leveled character in the crown store, but that’s about the only way I’ll level a new character. I would still have to play that character to level the skill lines, but at least I won’t have to worry about playing through all the zones again. Face it folks, for some of us, the newness has worn off.
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭

So, you've never actually used those templates have you?

Yeah, there's a few things in those that might be slightly problematic, including unlimited crafting materials. No, really, unlimited. Each container has a copy of itself in the container.

There's also a container with every earnable cosmetic item in the game. I mean, really, why would you need to run vMaw to prove how badass you are, when you can just buy a template?

There's 180 horse training books.

Every non-crafted set in the game.

Every motif in the game, including (sometimes) ones that aren't even available in game.

Every base game house.

Best of all, they don't even have the skyshards or dungeon clears. Templates simply hand you an extra 150 skill points, because that's balanced.

As someone who actually makes money by selling motifs and crafting mats, your decision to buy this would affect me.

So, no. Templates have no place on the live server.

I'm not saying you should be handed keys to a fully fledged powerhouse but for someone who has spent the time achieving those things already, then yes, very much yes,
    Edited by RedFireDisco on January 20, 2019 6:48AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    The wife and I were discussing this the other day. We both have about 10 max level alts or more, and the thought of leveling up another character for the Necromancer class just doesn’t appeal to either one of us. I might consider it IF we could buy a pre-leveled character in the crown store, but that’s about the only way I’ll level a new character. I would still have to play that character to level the skill lines, but at least I won’t have to worry about playing through all the zones again. Face it folks, for some of us, the newness has worn off.

What the hell so You would pay for lv 50 character that have none of the skill lines leveled up ? It's waste of money considering You can grind lv 50 in 4 hours and You'll level up some skill lines in the meantime which You would have to do anyway.

Edited by Juhasow on January 20, 2019 6:59AM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure, but it'll cost 60,000 crowns and a cooldown of 5 years.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neverwalk wrote: »
    No thank-you. game is easy enough. Inklings can level new toon 1-50 in under 1 hour-go watch his videos.

what's an "inkling" and how can someone level 1-50 in one hour? what videos to watch, got link?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

what's an "inkling" and how can someone level 1-50 in one hour? what videos to watch, got link?

@Inklings. Cool guy; sounds kinda like Todd Howard, looks nothing like him. You can find his Twitch channel here, though at the moment he's hosting Bert. Bert's an enthusiastic guy, though way less, "focused," than Ink.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I d be happy with Undaunted and Magica guild account based ...

Cant imagine lvling undaunted and searching books AGAIN ?!!!!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying you should be handed keys to a fully fledged powerhouse...

This is, literally, exactly what you're asking for when you ask for a template. If you'd asked for a pre-level 50 character, that's one thing, but a Template is far more than that.
    but for someone who has spent the time achieving those things already, then yes, very much yes,

If your complaint is about having to achieve stuff again, then the answer is a little simpler. Give us account wide achievements. Getting a character to level 50 is not that onerous. If you really have a lot of endgame characters, you can easily do that in a couple hours. But, you're not asking for a level 50, you're asking for a template. A template isn't a character that's ready to run endgame content (however you define that), a template is a finished character. A character that's already done everything and has nothing left to do, so that you can use it to test out new content.
    Edited by starkerealm on January 20, 2019 8:54AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    I d be happy with Undaunted and Magica guild account based ...

Cant imagine lvling undaunted and searching books AGAIN ?!!!!

If you've got friends, you can speed level undaunted running vet dungeons. Clearing the 20 or so base game should get you up to 8 or 9.

As for Mages Guild? So what. 90% of the time, you're not going to need anything from that guild line anymore. Meteor is useful in some very niche builds, but the destro ult is usually a better option for mag builds.
  • Erris
    Erris
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

You can also follow his Twitter here (and probably find a link to what you want there): https://twitter.com/inklings_eso

@Inklings leveled a new character on the PTS to 50 in under an hour on a Twitch live stream. This was done during a festival and with XP scrolls, and the character had many master writs and mats to begin with. So he basically leveled up the craft right away, then handed in a ton of premade master writ items. You could conceivably do this on the live server if you could acquire all the writs beforehand (which would be a huge gold sink unless you have many characters doing top level writs each day).

So it is possible, just not something most people could easily accomplish. That being said, it's really not difficult to rush a character to 50 if you know what to do. I don't recommend this for new players at all. Take your time and enjoy everything along the way!

Oh, and I'd be pretty unhappy if people could just buy a new max level character. Really, why bother to play the game if you don't want to play the game??
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erris wrote: »
    @Inklings leveled a new character on the PTS to 50 in under an hour on a Twitch live stream.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that was with his third account, on live, not PTS.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I seeing this right?

The last board didn't get locked or deleted...

So....

Uh...

Double the clowning I guess :o:|

9iZa4xX.gif
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying you should be handed keys to a fully fledged powerhouse...

This is, literally, exactly what you're asking for when you ask for a template. If you'd asked for a pre-level 50 character, that's one thing, but a Template is far more than that.
    but for someone who has spent the time achieving those things already, then yes, very much yes,

If your complaint is about having to achieve stuff again, then the answer is a little simpler. Give us account wide achievements. Getting a character to level 50 is not that onerous. If you really have a lot of endgame characters, you can easily do that in a couple hours. But, you're not asking for a level 50, you're asking for a template. A template isn't a character that's ready to run endgame content (however you define that), a template is a finished character. A character that's already done everything and has nothing left to do, so that you can use it to test out new content.

lol. "Literally"

Nevermind the qualifier where I pretty clearly stated that for someone who has already levelled everything, it's okay. I'm not saying someone can walk off the street with level 10 Undaunted.

You seem to be projecting that.

Inb4 "You're literally saying you should be able to buy Emperorship" Kekery

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. "Literally"

Yes, in this case, literally. You are asking for a character that starts with everything pre-completed. So you don't even need to play the game, to play the game.

Not my fault if you've been desensitized to the meaning of the word by people who seem to believe it's synonymous with, "like."

EDIT: Yeah, by the way:
    Inb4 "You're literally saying you should be able to buy Emperorship" Kekery

The templates come with the Emperor Costume and Dye. Only thing you don't get is the title and buffs. But already knew that, right?
    Edited by starkerealm on January 20, 2019 11:58AM
This discussion has been closed.