Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Noob with a few questions

Gothlander
Gothlander
✭✭✭✭
1. What abilities build up ultimate resource for sorcerers? (having a little trouble trying to figure out how to use the overload ability)
2. At lvl 15, do we get like a 2nd spec? (for instance, my primary spec would be dps, then at lvl 15 I can change to a healer?)
3. How do we undo attribute points and skill points?
4. Are the best class skills at the bottom of the tree?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Teeg
    Teeg
    ✭✭✭
    3. You can reset your skill points at a Shine of Stendarr. I know it's not cheap, but I don't remember exactly how much it'll set you back.

4. It depends on how you play. For me on most RPGs, I usually find my best skills are the ones I've been using from the beginning and built up over time.
    Mara's Tester <3 Psijic Order <3 Sidekick Order <3 Karma Chameleon
    She Who Explores >:) She Who Wanders >:) Te-ge >:) She Who Wonders (EU)
    Mara's Moxie <3 The Sidekick Order <3 The Psijic Order
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Every ability (except maybe buffs) builds up ultimate, as does killing enemies. Some abilities will generate ultimate by the bucket (like Carve and most AoE's), will some (like light attacks) will only build a little at a time.
    2. At level 15, you can swap weapons mid combat, which gives you a second ability bar.
    3. There are shrines in most major cities. Bring some gold with you, it gets more expensive the more points you're undoing. For skills, they will be set back to the nearest morph tier.
    4. Not necessarily. While some cap-stone abilities are great, like Bolt Escape and Momentum, others are only so-so. Keep and mind that morphs can greatly change the value of an ability as well.
    The Psijic Order
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    1.) You get ultimate points for combat and healing.
    2.) At level 15 you get a second weapon slot with it's own skill bar and the ability to switch between them by pressing a button. I have an alt level 6 sorcerer that uses both restoration Staff and Destruction staff but to switch I need to go into my inventory. On my main I can actually do it in combat now.
    3.) You must go the second major zone of your alliance (the level 17+ zone), go to it's capital city, find the respec shrine there and spend 100gp per skill point you have assigned.
    4.) The best class skills are the ones you find most useful. While I have not unlocked the level 30 class skills you I am sure it's true for them too.

I hope that helps.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 7, 2014 11:19PM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    4. Each skill has a different purpose, so it's hard to directly compare them. But early skills definitely don't lose their usefulness later on. Look at the staple tanking skill, Puncture; it's the first in its line. Gap closers like Fiery Grip or Teleport Strike are low too.
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    1. What abilities build up ultimate resource for sorcerers? (having a little trouble trying to figure out how to use the overload ability)
    2. At lvl 15, do we get like a 2nd spec? (for instance, my primary spec would be dps, then at lvl 15 I can change to a healer?)
    3. How do we undo attribute points and skill points?
    4. Are the best class skills at the bottom of the tree?

1) I don't know, not a sorcerer sorry.
    2) At level 15 you get a second weapon slot, so you can toggle between two sets of weapon configs. Each config can have its own set of 5 abilities. So for instance you might have a nightblade with a bow for long range assault, then you can toggle to dual-wield daggers when opponents come in close.

To clarify though, you don't get to start a whole new tree of learning. Both weapon configs have the same abilities to select from that you've learned from leveling up. If you want to properly use both weapon configs you'll need a variety of skills leveled up and learnt.

3) Like someone said Shrine of Stendarr in the main capital of each faction. It's expensive the more points you have to revert back, so early on is better.

4) You can't directly compare abilities at the bottom to the top. Everything is circumstantial and instead of worrying what is best and worst it's good to just play around. With the ability to respec at any point in the game just have fun and if later you become a lot more knowledgeable in the game you can decide to respec and level up skills properly.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2