The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox one x an honest review

CovertDistress4
CovertDistress4
✭✭✭
Here's my stats. Played from opening day. Have only 4.8 mbs connection. My xb1 lagged...not sure if its frame rate or server lag but holy crap is it frustrating. But even in small battles, lagging out to a DC was my life.random load screens always ended with my character dead, if I came back at all, usually DC'd.. One x not so much. Frame rate or server lag doesn't seem to be much of an issue any more. Random load screens that would last way too long lasts only seconds if they happen at all. i haven't returned to a blue dead character screen... I have experienced frame rate slowing down when there is a huge battle,50-90, inside on pins but its manageable, most importantly you can see who lagged out, xbx1 owners most likely, and those who have an xbx1x are still in the fight.
Getting this 1x in my experience has made this game fun again. Worth the 500.00 clams... worth mentioning, I dont have a 4k TV or settings to support it either... only a 1080p... what's your experience? Better or same for you? Remember compare apples for apples.
  • icontrive
    icontrive
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I’ve considered getting an x cause of how bad the game is on my original Xbox. Didn’t know if it would much of a change and worth the money. This will help my decision though.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    i have a xb1x, its your connection, open pvp has a ton of players hence it uses quite abit of bandwith, there is studders when you go into a area loaded off the internal hard drive,because is only 5400rpm with a average transfer speed of 80~100 MB/s. using a usb 3.0 storage will give the game much better loading times. Your network likely needs tweaked though your router, open ports used by the game, set your link speed to full duplex and do some tcp/ucp tweaks. Xbox Network advance settings, use a faster dns.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar experience. Xbox 1 X made the game fun again. I have pretty good internet, but I know when someone in my group doesn't have a 1X because they DC upon arrival at a keep where there's a fight. I'm glad to have that behind me.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThanatosXR wrote: »
    i have a xb1x, its your connection, open pvp has a ton of players hence it uses quite abit of bandwith, there is studders when you go into a area loaded off the internal hard drive,because is only 5400rpm with a average transfer speed of 80~100 MB/s. using a usb 3.0 storage will give the game much better loading times. Your network likely needs tweaked though your router, open ports used by the game, set your link speed to full duplex and do some tcp/ucp tweaks. Xbox Network advance settings, use a faster dns.

Do you have those settings to hand? I've actually never bothered. And love my X1X & HDR i get 60mps but curious if doing some port changes etc will help at all
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xb1X + SSD and you will have a great time.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    I had a similar experience. Xbox 1 X made the game fun again. I have pretty good internet, but I know when someone in my group doesn't have a 1X because they DC upon arrival at a keep where there's a fight. I'm glad to have that behind me.

Ports used by ESO: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1133
    DNS Settings on XB1:
    https://m.windowscentral.com/how-change-dns-your-xbox-one-potentially-improve-speed

You'll have to search for your router model, they all have different features, usually
    http://192.168.1.1

Settings>network>advanced settings shlws your consolrs local address xb1 address over a local network
    the best way is just to dmz your xb1 connection
    https://routerguide.net/when-and-how-to-setup-dmz-host-for-home-use/
    Edited by ThanatosXR on March 29, 2019 9:15AM