The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should sky shards be account wide on console

SugaComa
SugaComa
✭✭✭✭✭
Please read options before voting

Thank you
Edited by SugaComa on January 19, 2019 4:21PM

Should sky shards be account wide on console 158 votes

Yes ... One characters collects all characters get
22%
GilvothAimoraSpacegatophilips666_18b16_ESONebthet78AmphithoeEdziumeekeyceeperditionerKidgangster101Toc de MalsviBomblePantsLord_EomerimwargasmoDrdeath20Kram8ionricho262LordLomaxcrjs1MythrialDrow 36 votes
Yes... One charter gets all characters get an option to buy with gold like bags
1%
binhoSizzyyUnified_Gaming 3 votes
Yes... One character gets all characters get a marker on thier map for easy collection
12%
Pinesyccloyesb14_ESOHanokihsSugaComaShadow_AkulaArcon2825TyharOhhgrizyyyheaven13MarcoPolo184StanxDaedric_NB_187huschdeguddzjeRoadRagewKenndrahHotdog_23ApostateHoboSanguineMyBrotherTiZzA93JayAstrophel 20 votes
No... Please tell us why
43%
vailjohn_ESOashenehb14_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOotis67kypranb14_ESODominoiddeLioncourtArrodisiaKnootewootanitajoneb17_ESOSheezabeaststarkerealmTavore1138AzraelKriegElsonsojircris11LinaleahEdaphonStreegadaemonios 69 votes
I'm on PC this doesn't concern me
18%
BowserBlackersDarlonAektannvalidifyedneb18_ESOAjaxandrielGoratesquemakerofthingsThorvargparpinOFFL1MITWeperLadyHeloiseessi2sp_korshuncoop500Jierdaniteso_nyaE7216iiYuki 30 votes
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    why console only? if you say becasue PC has addons - consoles have maps online they can follow and addons don't make you travel between sky shards instantaneously it STILL takes considerable time to gather. so why only console?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... One character gets all characters get a marker on thier map for easy collection
    I'm all for all achievements being account wide as for me I'm the one earning them not my toon , that being said some thing like skyshards where acheivements are linked to collectables that grant power I think having them appear on a map to make collecting them numerous times after on an alt is easier as we don't have the luxury of add-on like pc do
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    why console only? if you say becasue PC has addons - consoles have maps online they can follow and addons don't make you travel between sky shards instantaneously it STILL takes considerable time to gather. so why only console?

Well I suppose option 1 and 2 could apply to console and pc but option 3 is more console only and bring us in line with what pc has via add-on except we still have to find them using multiple devices the first time .

Also checking a second device become irritating and frustrating
    Edited by SugaComa on January 19, 2019 3:01PM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    While boring the do again. I believe each character is its own to raise.
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    I fail to see why console should have it only.

I don't need/use addons on PC. Yes i miss a few shards from overland, who cares.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    SugaComa wrote: »

Well I suppose option 1 and 2 could apply to console and pc but option 3 is more console only and bring us in line with what pc has via add-on except we still have to find them using multiple devices the first time .

Also checking a second device become irritating and frustrating

ok, option 3 seems reasonable.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Options
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

I don't need/use addons on PC. Yes i miss a few shards from overland, who cares.

Just because you choose not to use them doesn't negate the fact pc still has access to this feature. It's about having parity between the two systems.

Options
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC shouldn't be excluded. Not everybody uses add-ons.
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC shouldn't be excluded. Not everybody uses add-ons.

True ... But if console got option 3 this would put us on par with pc if you don't want to see them much like not using an add-on simply toggle them off in the map icon interface like you can other things
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skyshards should be account wide, end of story. I don't see why it should be on console and not PC.

Just because you choose not to use them doesn't negate the fact pc still has access to this feature. It's about having parity between the two systems.

How is that parity. Even with addons you still have to travel to the locations. Getting 100(random number) skyshards takes hours even if you know exactly where you're going.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on January 19, 2019 3:56PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Skyshards should be account wide, end of story. I don't see why it should be on console and not PC.

I guess part of me thought I would see a clear vote in favour of option 3 bring it in line with current pc abilities if the user chose to apply an add-on for thier alt

What I'm actually seeing is even pc players want to short cut this boring grind and some players feel just because they chose to play the game one way all players should be forced to play that way with no real "option" for players to play their way
    Options
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes should only allow consoles to vote we dont get add ons for easy peasy playing. Wonder how many pc players are going to hop on their alts and downvote this one. Apparently they didnt play swtor either.
    Edited by Tetrafy on January 19, 2019 4:22PM
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    I fully support an integrated UI that displays their icon for you folks! Same with lorebooks :)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tetrafy wrote: »
    Yes should only allow consoles to vote we dont get add ons for easy peasy playing. Wonder how many pc players are going to hop on their alts and downvote this one. Apparently they didnt play swtor either.

Wasn't aware that was possible ... Would have been good as so far 14 votes for no , 2 Xbox players 12 pc players

Proving pc players are once again forcing thier will on console players
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully support an integrated UI that displays their icon for you folks! Same with lorebooks :)

Then why not option 3 ?
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why

Then why not option 3 ?

Your problem concerns me, always has. I’m not ambivalent to your plight just because I’m on a different platform. I chose to explain why rather than saying it doesn’t concern me.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why not option 3 ?

Your problem concerns me, always has. I’m not ambivalent to your plight just because I’m on a different platform. I chose to explain why rather than saying it doesn’t concern me.

But option 3 pretty much gives us what you suggested but only after we discovered them for ourselves on at least one character first
    Options
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭

It can take someone like 3 hours on PC to get mages guild 10 cause you just travel to a zone and start running around. The shortest I've ever done it on console while looking at a website? 8 hours. I have to literally look on the website. Try and mark the exact spot on the map then try to actually find the spot the book is at. PC add-on will literally tell you when you're on top of the book
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
    Options
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

How is that parity. Even with addons you still have to travel to the locations. Getting 100(random number) skyshards takes hours even if you know exactly where you're going.

Cause add-ons on PC dont give you exactly what console players are wanting and have been without for years...
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why

Then why not option 3 ?

But option 3 pretty much gives us what you suggested but only after we discovered them for ourselves on at least one character first

Consider rewording your poll then, option 3 sounds almost rude or pc master-racey. Not everyone looks down on console play. Offering in game versions of a very basic add on would be like when ZOS added combat text finally. About damn time in other words.
    Options
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the Skyshard add-on I have so much. I think you guys getting a marker once you find each one once is more than fair. <3
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
    Options
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    PS4 and XBox don't support the addons for ESO. That is hardly ZOS's or PC users fault. Why should console players get such a massive time saver and PC does not? No. You could easily find maps online that show the positions of all the skyshards and use that as a guide either in another window or on another device like your phone. Here, https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Skyshards
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc players shouldn’t vote on this, the experience isn’t the same. The person above totally contradicts themselves asking why should console get a time saver as if pc add ons aren’t time savers and much more convenient.

Definitely shouldn’t vote if you only play pc.
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    I think one character collecting all skyshards is a bit too easy. Yet doing it on 10 or 15 is way too redundant and boring. Maybe it should cost gold to unlock on all alts, nothing too extreme though. Maybe having 3 characters do it, one on each faction and needing to have the caldwell's gold completed on at least one of them. This is just an example though and Pc players should be included here too imho. Don't divide your own player base. You never know who might be your ally one day.
    Edited by Arrodisia on January 19, 2019 6:28PM
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    Tetrafy wrote: »

I played swtor. it has much more robust UI costumization then ESO does. it also has a CP equivalent that is far FAR worse then what we have here.

again, I have zero issues with consoles being put on Par with PC, on the contrary. what i DO have issue with is some variation of "this one platform gets to skip the grind, while the other - does not"

I had the exact same problem when there was suggestion made that PC get housing slot increase, while consoles - do not. there should NEVER be such disparity between game copies, just becasue of the choice of platform.

I cannot change my vote, otherwise, I would switch it to 3, becasue that is the only reasonable option IMO.
    Edited by Linaleah on January 19, 2019 7:12PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Options
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    No, even though I'd love to not need to go through all that again, particularly when I roll my necromancer, it's a core aspect of the game, character progression.

I'd be okay with markers, but I can't answer "Yes" to should they be account wide.
    Edited by Odnoc on January 19, 2019 7:26PM
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they are made account wide for Consoles, I do not think they would ever exclude pc. Pc Players are basically like the testers for the consoles. Kinda the reason why we will get access to it first. Even then I don't think they would want to make it account wide. Yes pc has addons and consoles don't. There isn't a reason why they should exclude it for pc and do it only for consoles not one. Not one reason that I can personally see. This would make it unfair for one thing. It isn't going to happen that way and I could be wrong and there might be that one percent chance if they ever do this they do it for consoles.There might just be less then one percent or even 0 percent chance and the uproar it would cause on the forums alone from the pc community. I don't think they would want that mess on their hands. Whatever the Console has pc has first. PC players might have the best benefits but the fact of the matter is.

Consoles do have rules and limits and have to go through verification which takes time. Which is why Consoles don't receive patches for major bugs like pc does imminently. Also the rules on consoles for mods are some of the reasons why Consoles do not have addons in the first place. I'm sure Bethesda/Zenimax has tried but they are very strict on those types of things. Where there is no restrictions on the pc at all. Yes it might be unfair that pc gets addons but there isn't much zenimax/bethesda can do about it. So giving Xbox/Ps4 benefits that the pc players cannot get is something that won't ever happen. If Microsoft and Sony change their policies maybe just maybe they could one day have the addons pc players have. But I don't think it will be any time soon.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 19, 2019 7:55PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No... Please tell us why
    Are you saying consoles are inferior to PC.

It's should be the same for console(s) and PC.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would make this poll be less console only bias if I was you. Because neither pc or consoles should be excluded from something like this. I would rename it, Should Skyshards-Be Account Wide on PC and Consoles. Or it could just be Should Skyshards-Be Account Wide.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 19, 2019 8:34PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one character collecting all skyshards is a bit too easy. Yet doing it on 10 or 15 is way too redundant and boring. Maybe it should cost gold to unlock on all alts, nothing too extreme though. Maybe having 3 characters do it, one on each faction and needing to have the caldwell's gold completed on at least one of them. This is just an example though and Pc players should be included here too imho. Don't divide your own player base. You never know who might be your ally one day.

Clearly didn't read all the options then as you voted no then suggested option 2
    Options