The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

That draw distance

killmove
killmove
✭✭✭
Tt's bad, really bad.
The game looks so cheap because of this.
I don't understand why ZOS is reducing draw distance on purpose. Did they think that this improve the performance in Cyrodiil ?
Hell no !!!! the issues are always servers related so why reducing graphics ?
Did they think that my GPU/CPU can't handle those graphics ?
maybe in 2014, definetly not in 2019.
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    Game looks better after 7 shots of Ouzo. It also corrects draw distance
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gronk wrote: »

I can confirm that alcohol improves the graphics
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouzo.... lord, I remember my first experience.... in Germany not Greece.... Well. Anyway. It wasn't exactly - fun. But it WAS memorable. 22 years later.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Raki :p
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    Ouzo is miracle drink. It gives you super powers and a a buff to Charisma.Also good for cleaning windows. And great on cake, it really brings out the flavor on cake.

And not the cake that is a lie but the ones baked by family.

The draw distance really does look better to me after Ouzo. Well maybe I say it better this way; while drinking and after drinking. I dont know what the draw distance looks like when I pass out,maybe the same?
    Edited by Gronk on January 19, 2019 4:45AM
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This affect DPS however but make wiping more fun.
    AA and vault of madness in normal is now much harder :)
    Trolling in cyrodil work well however.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭

cause devs are under Ouzo ?
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DY1wLBlXkAEHSLB.jpg

eso_elsweyr-100785385-large.jpg

Both Summerset and Elsweyr feature better draw distance than the base game and Morrowind. Summerset also has a much better grass distance, which I assume will be used in Elsweyr too. But I completely agree that it's one of the game's main issues. How this team thought building a game engine without a proper LOD system, that uses a perma wall-of-fog from early 2000's engines, and uses mountains as path blockers and zone walls instead of vertical exploration would be a good fit for an Elder Scrolls game...

But then this decision happened at the same time as the decisions to focus on a forced 3v3 faction war, a linear levelling zone progression system, and no first person mode, were all made. In an Elder Scrolls game. They must have all been high on skooma during development. Most of these insanely bad decisions have been reversed since release, as the team suddenly realized they should probably try to make a good TES MMO instead of Dark Age of Camelot 2. But unfortunately it seems the perma-fog isn't fixable.
    Edited by Darkstorne on January 19, 2019 3:14PM
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    There is a way to remove the fog from the game through a moded .exe.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/268131/esoptimize-fog-removal-and-graphic-improvement/p1

the problem is that devs are so lazy that didn't add textures to mountains, so they look ugly with no fog
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killmove wrote: »
    Tt's bad, really bad.
    I don't understand why ZOS is reducing draw distance on purpose. Did they think that this improve the performance in Cyrodiil ?

In your personnal case, yes. But there are also other players who might have low-end PCs, and since ESO is a MMO and since the more playerbase MMO has the better this MMO feels, they have to take into account those low-end PC users. Maybe someday, when the majority of playerbase will have decent PCs, they'll increase draw distance, just like WoW devs did some time ago.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • martygod12
    martygod12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ermiq wrote: »
    Tt's bad, really bad.

In your personnal case, yes. But there are also other players who might have low-end PCs, and since ESO is a MMO and since the more playerbase MMO has the better this MMO feels, they have to take into account those low-end PC users. Maybe someday, when the majority of playerbase will have decent PCs, they'll increase draw distance, just like WoW devs did some time ago.

So why this Is not An option in the settings? Those who can handle it can increase the Grass draw distance at least to the level of summerset .. such and easy feature to add .. i agree this Is devs laziness nothing more .. the older zones ale So freakin ugly because of that
    Edited by martygod12 on August 16, 2019 11:17AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/268131/esoptimize-fog-removal-and-graphic-improvement/p1

the problem is that devs are so lazy that didn't add textures to mountains, so they look ugly with no fog

Almost sounds like they did not expect mountains to need textures when they can't be seen through fog anyway.
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not just untextured mountains and other random weirdness you see in the distance, but also some really awful, pixellated, low-resolution backdrops on the horizon, as well as the actual end of the world. When you remove the fog, you can see the corners of the zone map, where it just ends and leads to nowhere. It looks really, really bad. I'm sure the fog and low draw distance are mostly there for performance reasons, but they also hide a whole lot of ugly stuff that completely breaks the immersion.
    Edited by Berserkerkitten on August 16, 2019 11:32AM
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.