Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning to game, want to play with whole new char. Little class help?

sticx45_ESO
sticx45_ESO
✭✭✭
Hey guys, just returning to ESO, and I decided this time around I would like to heal at end game. I would like a little help with what class to pick to start out with. I know Templar is the easy choice, but is there anything else that is viable?

Also I would like a class that has a good alternative mag based DPS I can fall back on for soloing or when I don't want to heal. Like Magplar, Magblade, etc. Anyone that can provide a IMO type tier list of the different healers and Magdps?
  • sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pro's/Con's would also be wonderful, but I understand if people don't want to go to that effort. :)
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, just pick a class you like the look of. Reading on the main thread about passive changes, who knows if your likes/dislikes will change with them.

So pick something you like the look of and just have fun for now. With the new changes coming, some people are just too upset.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like templar best for healing in large part because of the natural damage rotation in healing builds. Blazing Spear does good damage and meets the need to be a "battery". while the other morph Luminous Shards is best in game for the battery function and does decent damage. Elemental Blockade is great for any class. Purifying Light is awesome in good groups. Reflective Light is fun and generally underrated.

I love the idea of wardens more than I actually like playing them. The skills are great, but when I whittle down a rotation to fit on your bars I'm less impressed. I'm still working on it.

Pet sorcerers have a burst heal that's even better than Templars', but otherwise the class has a lot of problems these days.

Magblades and especially magblade healing/DPS hybrid builds were hugely nerfed. While one can heal on any class, I don't see the point of DK or nightblade healing at this time. (Unless you just want to get a Groupfinder PUG quickly to level that character's Undaunted rank.)
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magblades are solid. Disregard and advice that suggests otherwise. They were nerfed but still possess the single most strongest burst heal in the game for when you are healing others. You have a powerful single target ranged spell that heals for 40 percent of the damage it deals. You have access to 100 percent minor mending uptime with no magicka cost (no one else has this outside of gear set bonus). You have almost the best innate ultimate generation with 2 passives. Your access to major ward and major resolve are not directly tied to a specific skill, giving you more flexibility. Refreshing path is dirt cheap and gives these buffs to you on top of major expedition and a respectable hot.

If you ever want to be a dedicated healer, they are very solid.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? All classes can do well. All of them have pros and cons. Even the overlooked dk healer have his 18 seconds heal that heals every second almost as much as healing springs (smaller AoE though, still you can put it on the tank throw him an orb and ignore him for 18 seconds).
    Edited by zvavi on January 24, 2019 4:22PM