The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Suggestion] Housing Improvement

Serkuos
Serkuos
✭✭✭
I went to TESO on PC with a small group of friends, we are 5 to be precise. We had plans, dreams to farm together, but also and above all expectations about Housing, which motivated us the most. We wanted to live our adventure together but also to evolve together, to share moments, etc ... But a lack in the housing system quickly slowed down our dreams of spending our life on the game. I will explain:

Our dreams to all were to share a remarkable home, gigantic, even expensive to spend in the game, we could all share and develop and in which we would come to rest after our adventures, to party, to train, etc. The main problem is that there can only be one owner of a house, and the others can not do anything about it. Impossible for everyone to place his own furniture, store his equipment in his own chest that he would have placed, in clear, it is impossible to live to many in a house. And I find it extremely bad. That's why I'm thinking about a feature: A Grade Co-owner.

The owner of the house could name several people (why not up to 5 maximum for notable homes or other limits) co-owner. The co-owners could thus have the right to place their own furniture, store their equipment in their chests, place their mounts and pets, etc ... So, this could motivate groups like mine to do a kind of collocation in a big castle and to farm to get it and get little by little furniture, decorations, etc ... I find it terribly bad that groups of friends doing all their adventures together can not live together, in a House. In addition, it could strengthen the RP side, and we could especially imagine groups and families of vampires live in a large dark mansion. And this is just one example, the possibilities would be many! In addition to enhancing the fun of playing in a group. This feature would add a lot to the Housing system in my opinion.

Thanks for reading me. Feel free to tell me what you think about it and to express your own ideas about this or similar feature. It interests me sincerely.
  • Skogsalf
    Skogsalf
    ✭✭✭
    I very much wish for that as well.

I imagine one reason why we don`t have it, is that zos don`t want to deal with complaints when (if) groups fall out with each other...
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely agree. I know people will say it can be abused, yada yada, but plenty of other games have had housing where multiple people can drop decorations. As for crown/bound stuff, an easy fix would be to still have 1 person as the full owner of the house and they can place bound stuff which other people can't pick up.

It's really no riskier than a guild bank--just don't give permissions to people you don't trust.

I'd love to see this feature since I decorate houses for people already, but it's wildly tedious not being able to drop and pick up items on my own.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Serkuos
    Serkuos
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your opinion guys ! Hope my discussion will be noticed and a feature like that will be implemented.
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Hi there, @KurosaHebi.

Thanks so much for the suggestion, group housing sounds like a great idea! We can definitely understand the appeal of sharing and decorating a large home with your closest friends.

While we can't guarantee your idea will be used, we truly appreciate your feedback and hope you will continue to share any other suggestions you may have for us in the future.
    Staff Post
  • Serkuos
    Serkuos
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Holden Of course ! Thanks ! And I really hope that this feature will be implemented. That would be awesome ! I would play all the days with my group haha...
  • Serkuos
    Serkuos
    ✭✭✭
    Hope that a developper will see this...
  • Serkuos
    Serkuos
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone on the francophone side seems to agree with me... I really hope that developers will hear about that, because it seems like things like that have been wanted for some times now, and everyone seems excited about that.
  • Serkuos
    Serkuos
    ✭✭✭
    With the announcement of the next DLC and with it, a class I've been waiting since ... that I play TESO in fact: The Necromancer, I allow myself to revive this topic. Indeed, the necromancer class is a class that has been in great demand by players for years now. And so, his addition makes me think that Zenimax is indeed listening to the players (even if ... years after that). Thus, the hope for an improvement in Housing as I describe it above comes back in force. What do you think ? I think it would be very interesting if this idea went back to Zenimax's ears.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see how this would appeal to some, but I think they are trying not to open a can of worms here problem wise. The moment they allow you to allow others move and remove and place items in your home, then their workload doubles when someone gives the wrong person admin privileges, and they are responding to tickets from people who have had their items stolen because they gave the wrong person rights. Ive played plenty of games that have player housing, some of which allow for you to make others admin, or be able to contribute to decorations and drop and place and even pick up items. It is abused to no end, and people have a falling out and log in to find their homes bare, or something they created destroyed. While it sounds like a great idea, I just dont think they want to deal with the fallout that will inevitably ensue.

An alternative to this would be neighborhood homes. While I despised the housing system in LoTRO, they had one aspect I thought was very clever which was neighborhoods. These neighborhoods had 5-12 homes in them, and people could purchase homes and be neighbors of one another and each home was owned by someone. It was pretty neat and I always thought that would be a great idea in ESO.
    Edited by Shimmer on January 19, 2019 2:56AM
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Serkuos
    Serkuos
    ✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »
    I can see how this would appeal to some, but I think they are trying not to open a can of worms here problem wise. The moment they allow you to allow others move and remove and place items in your home, then their workload doubles when someone gives the wrong person admin privileges, and they are responding to tickets from people who have had their items stolen because they gave the wrong person rights. Ive played plenty of games that have player housing, some of which allow for you to make others admin, or be able to contribute to decorations and drop and place and even pick up items. It is abused to no end, and people have a falling out and log in to find their homes bare, or something they created destroyed. While it sounds like a great idea, I just dont think they want to deal with the fallout that will inevitably ensue.

An alternative to this would be neighborhood homes. While I despised the housing system in LoTRO, they had one aspect I thought was very clever which was neighborhoods. These neighborhoods had 5-12 homes in them, and people could purchase homes and be neighbors of one another and each home was owned by someone. It was pretty neat and I always thought that would be a great idea in ESO.

Sorry for late answer! I think Neighborhoods would be an incredibly great alternative! But I also think that problems will be only the fault of people, not of the devs. And I'm really attached to this idea of "group house" or even "guild houses", because for me, it will add so much more interest in the game and in the housing, and it will be an awesome Role Play addition.