The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Happens When ESO+ ends?

siddique
siddique
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So let's say my plus membership ends next week and I dont renew it for a day or so, where would all my gazillion craftbag items go? And the house furnishings which are over 350?

Or should I renew it before it expires?
"Knee-jerk reactionist."
Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You keep anything in your craft bag but lose the ability to add any new items.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah! Great, thanks. This has me worried since days now lol.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. And same goes for your furnishings. :)
    If dropping your sub puts you over the item limit, you simply won't be able to add any more items.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft Bag, Housing Items, and Bank items over the cap stay where they are but you can't add new ones.

I don't sub, I just stock up a couple months worth of crafting supplies during the free ESO+ trials.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 18, 2019 4:24PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft Bag, Housing Items, and Bank items over the cap stay where they are but you can't add new ones.

I don't sub, I just stock up a couple months worth of crafting supplies during the free ESO+ trials.

Things do get a little confusing with the bank space. At least, I think so. I try to clean out the bank as much as possible before trial ESO+ comes to an end, just to retain a usable bank.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also any DLC you can't access anymore either, BUT what ever you gained from that DLC you get to keep.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ESO+ ends, The Monetization Police will come to haul you over to the room 101 for interrogation.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fun stops.
  • Juzz
    Juzz
    ✭✭✭
    Kitten dies
    Make Skyrim great again.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also when ESO+ runs out, ESO will actually run better. I don't know why this is. When I try and play, the game plays smoother, and as soon as I think "I need to support Zenimax for finally making the game run smoother" it lags again and I get gittering bugs. This is both on Xbox and PC so I know it's not just one platform specific.

Is this true? Don't have a clue, but it seems like that too me every time lol.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    When ESO+ ends, The Monetization Police will come to haul you over to the room 101 for interrogation.

It's free booze until you loosen up enough to get the credit card out. Not like the rumors, at all! :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Moog
    Moog
    ✭✭✭
    You will be Bitten by stray cats in your sleep. You will also incur the wrath of Rngesus.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best is when it happens in the middle of a trial run because you couldn't remember the exact day you signed up so you didn't renew. Good times.

Wish they would send you an email, either in-game or real life warning you that your ESO+ was going to expire in so many days. I mean, I'm trying to give them my money, they should make it a little easier
    Edited by El_Borracho on January 18, 2019 6:26PM
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ESO+ runs out Matt Firor's wallet becomes so full of Cash Shop earnings that it turns into a singularity and the universe implodes.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can only have 100 transmute crystals when ESO+ ends, any above that limit will be lost so better spend them now.
  • Moog
    Moog
    ✭✭✭
    FlyingSwan wrote: »
    When ESO+ runs out Matt Firor's wallet becomes so full of Cash Shop earnings that it turns into a singularity and the universe implodes.

Well that is certainly better than eating ex lax and a dozen burritos and exploding
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »
    So let's say my plus membership ends next week and I dont renew it for a day or so, where would all my gazillion craftbag items go? And the house furnishings which are over 350?

Or should I renew it before it expires?

@siddique your stuff remains in the craft bag. You can remove it without penalty but once your ESO+ expires you simply cannot add anything new to the bag. However your stuff remains there and you are free to remove anything you like.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS cries a single tear.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can do random dungeon w/o getting stuck in the snippy ones!

U cant put any more mats in your craftbag and when u craft, it will take the ones from in there over the ones in your backpack i was told.

Your bank- and transmute storage will be halfed, no idea what happens to the stuff above cap, would take it out to make sure u dont lose it.

house item limit also is cut in half, the stuff thats already in stays aslong as u dont pick it up.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You stop wasting your money and play for free. If you have open character slots create a bunch of mule characters with maxed out bag space to store your items
    Edited by Palidon on January 18, 2019 10:02PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As someone else pointed out, when you craft I think the materials come out of the your characters personal inventory first (and probably bank as well) so new crafting matts will start filling up your inventory immediately and will not be used until the crafting bag has been emptied of that particular item.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    When ESO+ ends, ESO++ begins.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    U can do random dungeon w/o getting stuck in the snippy ones!

U cant put any more mats in your craftbag and when u craft, it will take the ones from in there over the ones in your backpack i was told.

Your bank- and transmute storage will be halfed, no idea what happens to the stuff above cap, would take it out to make sure u dont lose it.

house item limit also is cut in half, the stuff thats already in stays aslong as u dont pick it up.

You dont lose it, you just get an over-allocated bank/inventory and can't put anything in it until you've resolved it.