The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player

Spectrasoul
Spectrasoul
✭✭✭
Hey, I've been away for some years but I just got a brand spanking new laptop and was nostalgic for some Elder Scrolls to test it out with.

I've got a VR12 Nightblade on AD and a low level healer on DC.. Kind of thinking I should just start fresh though? When I last played the only way to "play" was using resto / destro staff and DK's were the most OP class. But honestly I'm just up for some fun, any essential tips or tricks (mods?) I should know about before diving in? I just started the install so I've got some time to kill :)
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know much but we don't have VR anymore, it is CP, Championship Points.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Spectrasoul
    Spectrasoul
    ✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

It's been a while :lol:
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have ESO+ or the Dark Brotherhood expansion?

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I've been away for some years but I just got a brand spanking new laptop and was nostalgic for some Elder Scrolls to test it out with.

I've got a VR12 Nightblade on AD and a low level healer on DC.. Kind of thinking I should just start fresh though? When I last played the only way to "play" was using resto / destro staff and DK's were the most OP class. But honestly I'm just up for some fun, any essential tips or tricks (mods?) I should know about before diving in? I just started the install so I've got some time to kill :)

Up to you, but I would. A bright, shiny new character can make a huge difference in getting back into things. I would just play whatever you want, rather than what the FoTM class is.

As for addons: Awesome Guild Store, Advanced Filters, Lorebooks, Skyshards, and Tamriel Trade Centre are some of what I have.

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your gear is probably obsolete, or at least on the verge of it. Sounds like you are a PVPer, so you're going to want some of the new stuff. I know Torugs (magic) and Bone Pirate (stamina) and crafted sets like Shackelbreaker are solid

Check out alcast for ideas. He keeps up to date on gear and builds. Not saying you have to go meta, but it will point you in a direction.
    Edited by El_Borracho on January 18, 2019 7:34PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, do not delete your existing character. Let the game system convert it to CO120ish, then play them to CP160. This way any new characters you start and level to L50 are at least at the gear cap.

And, a Nightblade, magic or stamina, is a perfectly fine character
    Edited by Nestor on January 18, 2019 7:55PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For now 😏
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Wait, do not delete your existing character. Let the game system convert it to CO120ish, then play them to CP160. This way any new characters you start and level to L50 are at least at the gear cap.

And, a Nightblade, magic or stamina, is a perfectly fine character

Actually should be more as old vets got free cp on changing.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hurray, welcome back!

I guess you should just play with what you want to play:

- Do you want to see some endgame-content? New stories of Brotherhood, Thievesguild, Summerset, Murkmire, etc.? Then play your Level 50 character!
    - Do you want to try something new, find back to the gameplay, start slowly? Then create a new character and have a look how it goes.

Anyway you'll see that the gameplay is much easier (solo) at the moment than it was in the old Veteran-Levels. I think you'll enjoy that for a while (unless you like those "old" challenges).

I give you the hint from the orc: Don't think, just play. Have fun. And beer.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep any existing characters, but start over. You don't need champion points while leveling, and if you try and jump in to an existing character just to advance your champion points before familiarising yourself with the present game you'll simply end up frustrated and turned off with no real clue what you're doing. By the time you get a new character to say level 20 - by, and I would stress this, playing the game - you will have a much better idea what you're up to.

Welcome back!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have been gone so long...

Game has evolved more in regards to freedom and play styles. It's more in tune with play as you want. In fact I main a bosmer Sorc healer! 😱

Dlc stories are more fun to play if questing.

Add-ons tamrial trade center, map pins, skyshards

Skill advisor gives bad advice don't listen to it.

New food recipes are out witch mother and dubious Cam'ron

Yes you can still get mount

Stop by unofficial community discord and hang out and ask questions to other players https://discord.gg/PVaRhb6

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!
    The Moot Councillor
  • Spectrasoul
    Spectrasoul
    ✭✭✭
    So many replies thank you guys! Yea honestly I was after the stories and the quests and just enjoying the game, nothing too serious!
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://dottzgaming.com/category/eso-guides/getting-started/

These should help ya get started :) Welcome back!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many replies thank you guys! Yea honestly I was after the stories and the quests and just enjoying the game, nothing too serious!
    Your race and class will help a lot. Your gear are trash get to cp 160 and get an new set.
    Altmer is bis for magic damage, Bosmer for stamina DD, Khajiit will do both in next update.
    Get into an good guild that is obvious, join and be friendly and you get serious gear and carries as reward.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

For now 😏

Not like change is coming any time soon. After all, we know how long change takes here. :)

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reason I asked if you have ESO+ or Dark Brotherhood DLC is because if you have the Blade of Woe or not. If not, I suggest getting ESO+ for one month then cancel so you have access to it. Just START the quest till you get the Blade of Woe.

Reason I say this, for me, when I role play, instead of assassinate humans, and killing them, I am just "knocking" them out. Makes role playing so much more fun instead of just "killing" since we don't have any way to know anyone out.