The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question about races and changes

USTTech
USTTech
✭✭✭
So is every night blade only race, and all templars the same race, or tanks or magicka users? Does everyone use the exact same race and that is why some people are asking for a race change token per character because there is only ever one race they could use?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, most don't care.
    All classes has magic and stamina setups, even classes like sorcerer.
    Its an difference an altmer magic build does around 10% more damage than an redguard magic build.
    So it is an clear benefit using an fitting race.
    But as long as you use an magic race for magic and stamina for stamina builds its small differences.
    However has healed most of the vet dlc dungeons on a Khajiit.

it look like Khajiit and Dunmer will become hybrids who can be both stamina and magic.

My tips is to find an race you like first. Then a class, if you are indifferent about race or has multiple favorites but say want to make an healer selecting Altmer over Bosmer is smart.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you follow the meta, there is a certain race that is more effective for your role than anything else. Typically, that's been:

Stam - Redguard
    Magicka - Altmer
    Tank - Argonian

There are variations, obviously. My Dunmer MagDK that I made when I first started playing has accidentally been the meta for that role all this time thanks to the fire damage bonuses. And lots of people who don't play at the top tier don't really have to care about racial choice - I've got a Breton Stamina Sorc who does okay but is mathematically inferior to a Redguard or Imperial Stam Sorc.

So people who care about staying with the meta, or even people who are looking at their race now being less effective for the content they want to play and who want to swap to the new, most effective race are concerned about the upcoming changes.

Essentially what it comes down to is this:

Anyone who is going to race swap because of the changes probably has more than one character they will want to race swap because the changes are pretty major.