The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Race Passives! And New Meta?

SkoobySnaxx
SkoobySnaxx
✭✭✭
What do you guys think? I cant wait i love what they did to the khajiits! Do you guys think that Khajiit Magblade or High Elf Magblade will be the new race meta for PVE? And it looks to me like Orcs will put out the most damage for PVE due to the weapon damage. What are your opinions?
  • BustyChicksFTW
    BustyChicksFTW
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Dunmer MagDKs. The fire damage nerf wasn't necessary.
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭

Yes i was pretty upset about that and also the stam recovery from redguards being changed to reduce cost :(
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we will see, still hoping for class buffs towards mDK to make up the nerf to dunmer.

New Meta (with these changes goin live as they are)...
    Magblade Magplar and Magsorc all highelves in PVE Trials
    Stamina basically al Redguard or maybe some orcs in PVE Tirals

Meta just shifts towards other Races, but classwise (without knowing the classchanges planned) I would say stays the same.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change is healthy for the game. Some changes are good and some bad, but without change the game gets stale. With ZOS having a different combat lead, there are new opportunities for ESO.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians>all
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to see what the pts looks like for this. If I'm thinking correctly, the flat values can be boosted by the percentage modifiers from armor traits, skill line passives, class passives maybe enchants... I have a feeling it's not nearly as bad a change as some are making it out to be and may make more things useful. But we'll have to wait for the pts next week.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Overreacting much? You now get 258 spell damage which affects everything not just fire, and it also scales up with things like major and minor sorcery. The only real loss was the 3% magicka for 600 health.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes i was pretty upset about that and also the stam recovery from redguards being changed to reduce cost :(

that change is a buff to stam dps redguards

9% recovery came out to a high estimate of 99 regen per 2 in combat

even if the only weapon abilities you use are Poison Inj, Rending, and Endless Hail, in a 12s rotation its 115 regen per 2s in combat

and those numbers are if you only use them once in a full rotation, and if they use Deadly Cloak then that effective recovery jump up to 165 per 2s in combat

Not even mentioning the free 1k per 5s up from 750
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Change is healthy for the game. Some changes are good and some bad, but without change the game gets stale. With ZOS having a different combat lead, there are new opportunities for ESO.

yes the classes passives lookin great! I still feel like wood elve is gonna get nerfed or red guard might get a stamina buff. but other than that the options are good rather than staying one sided. I can see nords being a good option for tanking maybe even redguard. Breton and high elf can match up with argonian for h
    Jhalin wrote: »

even if the only weapon abilities you use are Poison Inj, Rending, and Endless Hail, in a 12s rotation its 115 regen per 2s in combat

and those numbers are if you only use them once in a full rotation, and if they use Deadly Cloak then that effective recovery jump up to 165 per 2s in combat

its not 99 regen. What are you talking about? my redguard is pvp with 1900 recovery. 10% of that is 190
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

yes the classes passives lookin great! I still feel like wood elve is gonna get nerfed or red guard might get a stamina buff. but other than that the options are good rather than staying one sided. I can see nords being a good option for tanking maybe even redguard. Breton and high elf can match up with argonian for h
    Jhalin wrote: »

its not 99 regen. What are you talking about? my redguard is pvp with 1900 recovery. 10% of that is 190

Yeah if 10% worked like that. But it doesnt, one shouldnt argue about stuff they dont understand
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that Orc is new bis for stamNBs and stamWardens and Redguard remains the best for others. I don't think that even StamNBs or Stamwardens would be able to sustain max-dps 0-sustain Dunmer
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 18, 2019 11:03AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Sorcerer Healer :p
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanking & stamina DPS - Redguards
    Healing & magicka DPS - Breton
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like, overall these are good changes. Well, except for magDKs. I feel sorry for all these magDKs that need to spend their token thanks to Dunmer change.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all just an easy cash grab if zos doesn't give a free race change for every character. Some people have up to 8 characters who initially picked the race they wanted and now will have to pay to change it. That's **** up.
  • madarame_77
    madarame_77
    ✭✭✭
    Stop all this whining about new meta. WE NEED NO META. This is the idea of this race update with which I whole-heartedly agree. It shouldn't be the case that if you want to make a tank it must be argonian etc. Accept it already.
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭
    Stop all this whining about new meta. WE NEED NO META. This is the idea of this race update with which I whole-heartedly agree. It shouldn't be the case that if you want to make a tank it must be argonian etc. Accept it already.

The only one whinning is you my friend. Theres always going to be a meta for pve
    Edited by SkoobySnaxx on January 18, 2019 12:27PM
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think for Stam, Orc, RG, Khajiit and Dunmer will all be pretty close.

Dunmer and Orc will have more raw damage but less sustain, while RG will have the best sustain.

Then there is Khajiit who is kind of in the middle... crit, which is nice, OK sustain and a little more stam ( and HP which is welcome ). If we can get the stam/mag recovery to like 125, that would be great.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like, overall these are good changes. Well, except for magDKs. I feel sorry for all these magDKs that need to spend their token thanks to Dunmer change.
    Yes, I and probably many other feared an Morrowind level nerf feast.
    Instead it was mostly buffs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tasear , offtopic, but since you're a healer - I wonder if khajiit healers will have received a good buff with the new racial passives, in your opinion?
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Redguard will not be best tank. It has nothing to offer a tank besides extra stam and most tanks don't turtle anymore so no need for crazy stam.

Tank races will be Nord and Imperial.
    Stam DPS will be orc, wood elf, redguard
    Magic DPS will be high elf, Breton, khajit
    Healer will be Brenton then argonian

That is my opinion for a meta
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Redguard will not be best tank. It has nothing to offer a tank besides extra stam and most tanks don't turtle anymore so no need for crazy stam.

Tank races will be Nord and Imperial.
    Stam DPS will be orc, wood elf, redguard
    Magic DPS will be high elf, Breton, khajit
    Healer will be Brenton then argonian

That is my opinion for a meta

I would switch woodelf for Khajiit for stam.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. The meta mentality needs to die in a fire.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why?
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭

Its not mentaly. Like literally. THERES ALWAYS GONNA BE BEST IN SLOT. AND PEOPLE WANTS BEST IN SLOT. You must be an RP'er thats why you feel that way. But end game pve we need meta/BIS. you cant get accepted in vet trials with a high elf stam dk. Its not happening
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for bell collars for those Khajiit curs. Sneaky lil bastas.Always stealing car keys and stuffs.I have 4 slots open for after the changes hit.

I may make a Breton healer and giver her a nice strong Nord name something along the lines of Jorunn Elf Lover that sounds like a good pact character. I am not going into this in Negative Nancy mode. Things change, some for the better, some for the worse.

I am not going to get worked up or frustrated over "Digital Progress" In a product that I do not own.

Will add more later have ideas positive vibes and I am going to make some extry chracters for the luls brb fun time