Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so far the necromancer class looks meh

BoneShatterer
BoneShatterer
✭✭✭
have fun haters. hyper makers and die hards im passing on this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tJbB_QDb90
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bait and Switch.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Bait and Switch.

I just learned something.
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    sorry guys but thats how it is. necromancer in eso is nothing more than a cheap copy paste of the d2 and d3 necromancer but with 10% of the skills
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sorry guys but thats how it is. necromancer in eso is nothing more than a cheap copy paste of the d2 and d3 necromancer but with 10% of the skills

You can say that for every game, because I mean necromancers do the same thing in almost every game.

But this is also the fact why people love them so much, because they kind of know what they can expect.

Although every game is a bit different, so it's for sure that the ESO necromancer will not be the same as the D2/D3 necromancer, but hey: You love it or you better don't buy Elsweyr. Easy as it is.
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t tell if bait, but I think the skill lines look absolutely amazing
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unit117 wrote: »
    I can’t tell if bait, but I think the skill lines look absolutely amazing

Indeed...I am confused
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didnt get to watch the 15th live stream

Did they show it off... ?

The pictures i saw seems like its gonna be a cool class... even though i dont really use any class but the one i started with i am not much on alts
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I, however, am excited to play this new class! Best of luck.
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I, however, am excited to play this new class! Best of luck.

trust me i am as excited as anyone finally something i canr elate to, been playing the father of all MMO for 20 years so...
    but so far judging from everything ive seen and all the cash grabs that bethesda and zenimax have been doing so far is making me fell like this is a russian roulette with 5 shells in....
    also all the skills they've shown so far looks more like they copy pasted it it from d2 and d3 my POV. so its another thing that doesn't make me feel comfortable. this one i would rather sit and wait since they will give it for free anyways so....
    Edited by BoneShatterer on January 18, 2019 12:22AM
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    actually necromancer in diablo3 its quite nice...
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    actually necromancer in diablo3 its quite nice...

not going against that but bethesda claims they are the top of the barrel in mmos.......like i mentionned in another post ... if its only a copy paste from another game, like 90% of the TES franchise, they should have sat this one down and think about their next moves.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »

You can say that for every game, because I mean necromancers do the same thing in almost every game.

But this is also the fact why people love them so much, because they kind of know what they can expect.

Although every game is a bit different, so it's for sure that the ESO necromancer will not be the same as the D2/D3 necromancer, but hey: You love it or you better don't buy Elsweyr. Easy as it is.

So first: what's a Community-Botschafter?

Second, I'm buying two copies of Elsweyr - and I won't be playing necromancers.
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭

trust me i am as excited as anyone finally something i canr elate to, been playing the father of all MMO for 20 years so...
    but so far judging from everything ive seen and all the cash grabs that bethesda and zenimax have been doing so far is making me fell like this is a russian roulette with 5 shells in....
    also all the skills they've shown so far looks more like they copy pasted it it from d2 and d3 my POV. so its another thing that doesn't make me feel comfortable. this one i would rather sit and wait since they will give it for free anyways so....

Meridian 59, or EQ?
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only so much you can do with a Necromancer before you turn it into just another caster. Necromancers in most games are very similar. I don't see a problem here.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Hehe, I think @JamieAubrey can tell you exactly, what a "Botschafter" is <3

Just to inform you: It's the Community-Ambassador-Title in German (German ESO Forums). So no, unfortunately I am not shafting bots (not directly although I love smashing). Sooooorry!

Two copies of Elsweyr? Why don't you play necromancer then? The orc doesn't understand...
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    have fun haters. hyper makers and die hards im passing on this one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tJbB_QDb90

Yeah, I am down to play a Necro from D3 in ESO. Open world is why. My choice on if I will be Necro depends on the Stamina class morphs, I highly dislike using a Staff, and well, Magicka is only staff and sadly, most class skills follow Magicka. So, we will see.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    Zathras wrote: »

Meridian 59, or EQ?

Meridian 59, or EQ?

EQ. meridian 59 didnt live long enough due to the major outbreak of console war.
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    There is only so much you can do with a Necromancer before you turn it into just another caster. Necromancers in most games are very similar. I don't see a problem here.

mostly that it looks like a copy paste from blizzard. idk improvise ! i have yet to see a single dot a fear or any form of debuffs. and a necromancer that has group heal?!?! at best you coold call it a shadow priest from wow who discovered necrobedlove
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to a couple of hours starting my first diablo 3 season, will be playing a Necro (on the Switch at least, PC will be witch doc).
    If ESO's necro is anything like D3's, I would seriously consider buying the next chapter then, otherwise I'm not overly optimistic about it.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    👍thanks for sharing your opinions with us all. Bye.
    Edited by LukosCreyden on January 18, 2019 10:35PM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will it create a bone wall that blocks projectiles? that is pretty cool.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You forget to mention other dozens of great games where necromancy existed before d2 and d3.. all of it is pale phew-phew arcade in comparison to necromancy in dungeons&dragons spellbook.
    And is d3 a great example of the game? don't make me laugh i completed it 2 evenings then grinded sets for a while reach some level of nightmare 6,7 got bored to hell and never have a wish to launch it again with it's repetitive gameplay where there is literally 3-4 dangerous effects like those stone traps and rays and that's all.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diablo necromancers skills are pretty damn cool, i doubt eso will come close in terms of skills at all.
    Edited by Sanctuary_Reaper on January 18, 2019 10:53PM
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if a cat is brought back from the dead does it get its full 9 lives back?
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You’ve seen some creative slides and not an ounce of actual footage or gameplay—I don’t know how you’re making so many assumptions.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's looking good to me. I'm looking forward to building a couple necromancers.
    Edited by jlmurra2 on January 20, 2019 10:59AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to inform you: It's the Community-Ambassador-Title in German (German ESO Forums). So no, unfortunately I am not shafting bots (not directly although I love smashing). Sooooorry!

Two copies of Elsweyr? Why don't you play necromancer then? The orc doesn't understand...

Because I have ZERO use for the necromancer class. I've never played them, and I never will. Personal opinion.

Ah, got the title now, thanks for explaining.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha, Sometimes another language can be awesome
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭

Meridian 59, or EQ?

AOL NWN... the first game to get coined MMO
    #SavePlayer1
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice that the Necromancer ability at 0:56 looks just like Impaling Spikes from our Necromancer class?

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/495717300620492833/534913758188011560/bsUGkZ6.png?width=805&height=469
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren