The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

These race changes are a complete hogwash. It further limits specific class for a race.

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are still gonna be redguard stamsorcs because they want to be.

Was never about "stamsorcs", was talking about MAGSORCS.

Ya said sorcerer and only sorcerer. So I made an educated guess in that you were talking about stamsorcs, as most stamsorcs are Redguards.

No, unfortunately I am a mag sorcerer, who has done flawless and have done almost all end game as well as pvp but I was still hoping for some *** magicka passives this round for the Redguard race to boost at least the SUSTAIN part of the their magicka regeneration.

I wish they would at least introduce some kind of passive to change their stamina to magicka regeneration permanently or some kind of swap with an attribute ability ~ maybe ...

You may want to actually state that you’re talking about magsorcs. People aren’t going to automatically know you are one.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    CipherNine wrote: »
    It's just another fail by ZOS. They are liars. They advertise the game as a game with diversity. Yet they do this bs making your choices severely limited.
    I have said it many times. Racial passives should be completely removed from the game

Racials don't change anything for most players, you have full diversity for everyone but highest end game players. So unless you're trying leaderboard or emperor, you have all options still viable. So much so that I run a redguard Magicka Templar and a wood elf stamina Templar, and they are just as effective as each other. Race doesn't matter because I can't hit more than 25k(I tried stamina on the RG too) with either resources, and sustain issues are solved with gear and CP. Matters very very little. Keep in mind... Most players, a crushing majority, will not even go as high as 20k. 1 or 2 % more or less damage means so very little... So irrelevant.

Just run random dungeons and see what I'm talking about. You'll find good players very far in between, 30k+. 15-20k are more common but still not at all enough that I'll always get one on my pugs. And I only run pugs with tanks and healers to avoid the DPS queue... I know about bad DPS. My main tank has DPS gear in the bag because of it...

Race does not matter, as long as it's not op, and it isn't. BiS will still be a thing, but variety was always there, and so will remain. Comes in form of stamina and Magicka builds for every class, and in form of every class being somewhat usable for every role. All in all, there's no false advertising anywhere, and that's the single biggest factor why I love ESO so much... I play how I want.

I agree that actual difference in dps/hps numbers for majority of players is not that big.
    But there is social acceptance and it's very important factor.. for example i have argonian dk tank (not fully developed and i'm not very experienced with him and how to time his potions) and bosmer dk tank (which i play daily and which is fully optimized to his racials). And so i offer join as tank, and when leader asks you race and class - argonian dk, oh yeah, welcome, welcome, despite that i'm not really good with him since it's new char. And when leader sees bosmer as tank and which is really good in my hands, he says "eh, bosmer, tank? i thought they are only for pvp stamblades" and so on.. of course it's rather rare situation, but this is uncomfortable feeling that you need to explain, to argue simply because of your race.
    Has healed most of the vet dlc on khajiits. has never gotten any comment on race, got an comment on tank as I said it was an new build and one wondered why I did not used Argonian, they are ugly was an good enough ansver :) Might be an server / platform thing, pc-eu here

And find the changes to Khajiit an bit ironic, since I moved my sorcerer healer to stamsorc and made warden an tank after the shield nerf.
    Edited by zaria on January 17, 2019 9:47AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just another fail by ZOS. They are liars. They advertise the game as a game with diversity. Yet they do this bs making your choices severely limited.
    I have said it many times. Racial passives should be completely removed from the game

Racials don't change anything for most players, you have full diversity for everyone but highest end game players. So unless you're trying leaderboard or emperor, you have all options still viable. So much so that I run a redguard Magicka Templar and a wood elf stamina Templar, and they are just as effective as each other. Race doesn't matter because I can't hit more than 25k(I tried stamina on the RG too) with either resources, and sustain issues are solved with gear and CP. Matters very very little. Keep in mind... Most players, a crushing majority, will not even go as high as 20k. 1 or 2 % more or less damage means so very little... So irrelevant.

Just run random dungeons and see what I'm talking about. You'll find good players very far in between, 30k+. 15-20k are more common but still not at all enough that I'll always get one on my pugs. And I only run pugs with tanks and healers to avoid the DPS queue... I know about bad DPS. My main tank has DPS gear in the bag because of it...

Race does not matter, as long as it's not op, and it isn't. BiS will still be a thing, but variety was always there, and so will remain. Comes in form of stamina and Magicka builds for every class, and in form of every class being somewhat usable for every role. All in all, there's no false advertising anywhere, and that's the single biggest factor why I love ESO so much... I play how I want.

Just an example. My currently most used PVP character is a Nord stamina Templar.

- It works like this, I have onehelluva health recovery for a non health tank build.
    - I run 5 medium, so more damage.
    - I have high stamina; another source of damage.
    - I have respectable health, the reason why I can run 5 Medium.

Now all this is taken away from me, and replaced by a worse damage mitigation (it still equals 6% alright, but doesn't resist bleeds or oblivion damage), and an ultimate generation I won't be able to take advantage of, because I will need to avoid damage instead of healing/recovering through it.

That's just one example. It affects me. Badly. Big time.

All these guys basically had to do, was to nerf Redguards slightly (but no, they gave them a slight buff instead!), decrease the Argonian resourceful passive, and perhaps make some class changes to Dragonknights to make the numerous Dunmer DK's a bit more viable for PVE DD. Instead they fugg everything up, totally.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think people are still gonna be redguard stamsorcs because they want to be.

Was never about "stamsorcs", was talking about MAGSORCS.

Ya said sorcerer and only sorcerer. So I made an educated guess in that you were talking about stamsorcs, as most stamsorcs are Redguards.

No, unfortunately I am a mag sorcerer, who has done flawless and have done almost all end game as well as pvp but I was still hoping for some *** magicka passives this round for the Redguard race to boost at least the SUSTAIN part of the their magicka regeneration.

I wish they would at least introduce some kind of passive to change their stamina to magicka regeneration permanently or some kind of swap with an attribute ability ~ maybe ...

You may want to actually state that you’re talking about magsorcs. People aren’t going to automatically know you are one.

To be honest with you I've never actually seen a stamsorcerer. What they call stamsorcerers are usually warriors with swords or knives that use stamina based spells to enhance their weapon abilities. But maybe I have met or seen one but am not sure? If I ever have, they weren't very impressive. I think for sorcerers magicka is where its at.

I don't understand why they cant just have an attribute for a Redguard to switch their stamina regen to swap with magicka regen. I mean its not even that game breaking. Redguard will just be giving up the stamina regen and exchanging rather for their magicka.

There you go. BAM! diversity in builds for Redguard right there!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

I agree that actual difference in dps/hps numbers for majority of players is not that big.
    But there is social acceptance and it's very important factor.. for example i have argonian dk tank (not fully developed and i'm not very experienced with him and how to time his potions) and bosmer dk tank (which i play daily and which is fully optimized to his racials). And so i offer join as tank, and when leader asks you race and class - argonian dk, oh yeah, welcome, welcome, despite that i'm not really good with him since it's new char. And when leader sees bosmer as tank and which is really good in my hands, he says "eh, bosmer, tank? i thought they are only for pvp stamblades" and so on.. of course it's rather rare situation, but this is uncomfortable feeling that you need to explain, to argue simply because of your race.
    Has healed most of the vet dlc on khajiits. has never gotten any comment on race, got an comment on tank as I said it was an new build and one wondered why I did not used Argonian, they are ugly was an good enough ansver :) Might be an server / platform thing, pc-eu here

And find the changes to Khajiit an bit ironic, since I moved my sorcerer healer to stamsorc and made warden an tank after the shield nerf.

In dungeons of course nobody cares, but in trials, especially for such responsible role as tank, leader always checks, since bad tank may ruin all run for 12 people.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure there may be some changes during pts. Though better to stick to a constructive conversation then lose the point of your topic. Just a thought. :)
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO forums = majority min/maxers, more 'hardcore' endgamers.
    ESO in game = majority who don't care about min/maxing. They rp and play their fave race. Housing and exploration is their end game.

So while most are unhappy here, majority of people in game really do not care one way or the other.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would matter much less if ZOS didn't choose to monetize, and expensively monetize, race/name changes, etc. They made that choice and they can live with the criticism. Don't cripple my toons and then charge me to work around your poor design choices. That's just a slimy thing to do.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS says you can race on the same track as others in whatever car you choose. Yet you think that also means you are going to be as fast as all the others. Why?
    Edited by Harrdarrzarr on January 17, 2019 12:19PM
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intextio wrote: »
    Calm down. The patch isn't going to happen until March. We have 2 months to submit feedback and test so they can balance them appropriately.

702228.gif

You must be new to the PTS forums.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suddenly people lost interest in Necromancer. :D
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    Intextio wrote: »
    Calm down. The patch isn't going to happen until March. We have 2 months to submit feedback and test so they can balance them appropriately.

You must be new to the PTS forums.

They are focused on doing that and won't change.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We've had to remove a lot of comments from this thread for baiting, personal insults and flaming. Other comments that are otherwise non-constructive or off-topic have also been removed.

Please remember to keep conversations constructive, on-topic and civil as we strive for this to be a community we may all enjoy.

Thank you for your understanding and please take the time to review our Community Rules here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Arseny
    Arseny
    Soul Shriven
    When will I see a chance to be a good Argonian stamina dd? I thought we would get a more flexible system for passive skills, with morphs for each role...
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But don't you feel unique now with your generic weapon experience gain, 258 wpn/spell dmg, 2000 max resource?
    :D
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on January 17, 2019 2:59PM
    love is love
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    OMG , I have 6 Argonians at all , but ZOS just provide 1 race token ?

Are you kidding me ?

If I buy and change the race , will they revamp the race passives again ?

Why would you change from Argonian? You still get a free tripot for drinking trash.

Argonian suffered probably the biggest nerf
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we PLEASE have stamina morphs for magicka CLASS abilities? There are so few that we are more often forced to use weapon abilities which makes it feel like we're playing the same class on every stamina character. Ugh ZOS, come on!
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as each class/type has something unique about the class that makes for a fun game. It's when all class start to blend together more and more will it get boring. It feels like this is happening here at least from all the posts I've read. But then again you also have the posts where people complain about some classes being OP in PVP which probably lead to all of this in the first place. It happened in DaOC and then in WOW. I expect Zos will take a different tactic in the long run or hopefully as they do spend a lot of time on the details of many things that aren't even character related.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @LightMaster7 unless you DW sorc still, your staff skills cost 8% less being redguard.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A redguard mag sorc actually sounds more doable than you think
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Ask yourself the following, "Do I want to play the game for fun, or to be top tier competitive?"

If it's for fun - Screw what racial passives do and play what you want.
    If it's for top tier competitive - Follow the meta, you make compromises to win.

Missed you so much with all your "this black is white and this white is black".
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to have more magicka race choices, I am sad to see that's not really the case
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Oh really? Trust me I'm at past CP 1000 and I know my Redguard Mag Sorcerer pretty darn well.

I'm not saying he can't operate cause he can operate and I've soloed vet dungeons.

What I'm saying is at tend game, I'm still losing like 15DPS to mag sorcerers like Altmers because of passives.

And then you get the whole nerf they did with sorcerers with out sustain taking a huge hit and also our shields.

Its not like Redguard Sorcerers had *any* passives for magicka in the first place. There is, if you didn't know, absolutely none.

Which means ANY race could technically be a proficient Magicka Sorcerer as a Redguard Magicka Sorcerer, in most cases "better" in pure stats. Although a whole lot also comes down to who is playing the character (meaning player skillz).

I'm not saying Reguard Magicka Sorcerers are not doable, because I've proven it is as I've already stated, I've done flawless with it. What I'm emphasizing is why should a Redguard Sorcerer lose so much DPS compared to an Altmer one, just because of magicka passives?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    OMG , I have 6 Argonians at all , but ZOS just provide 1 race token ?

Are you kidding me ?

If I buy and change the race , will they revamp the race passives again ?

Of course they will. Not sure how anyone wouldn't have seen this coming when they first introduced the race change tokens.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I kinda was hoping each race would have a small foot in either magicka, health or stam....

...A different bonus each race, but hey i wouldn't say its an improvement what we got, its just different...-shrugs shoulders-
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • MaximusDecimus
    MaximusDecimus
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with them changing the racial passives. Not because I don't care, but more that I think the 1-3% of sustain or damage that comes from the passives isn't too significant. Bringing the races more in line what ZoS reaaallllyy wants to do this patch? Cool. I get what you are thinking. However...

If you expect anyone running endgame content who has multiple min-maxed characters to buy your ludicrously overpriced race change tokens then think again. All I ask is 1 race change token PER existing character. Otherwise I find it absolutely ridiculous that you'd alter the race passives. Do we not get character slot wide skill point resets when you change something this big on our skill lines? Or at least make race change in-game purchasable with gold. Preferably both. Otherwise no matter how heartfelt your changes to the racial passives are it will remain a cash grab.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Oh really? Trust me I'm at past CP 1000 and I know my Redguard Mag Sorcerer pretty darn well.

I'm not saying he can't operate cause he can operate and I've soloed vet dungeons.

What I'm saying is at tend game, I'm still losing like 15DPS to mag sorcerers like Altmers because of passives.

And then you get the whole nerf they did with sorcerers with out sustain taking a huge hit and also our shields.

Its not like Redguard Sorcerers had *any* passives for magicka in the first place. There is, if you didn't know, absolutely none.

Which means ANY race could technically be a proficient Magicka Sorcerer as a Redguard Magicka Sorcerer, in most cases "better" in pure stats. Although a whole lot also comes down to who is playing the character (meaning player skillz).

I'm not saying Reguard Magicka Sorcerers are not doable, because I've proven it is as I've already stated, I've done flawless with it. What I'm emphasizing is why should a Redguard Sorcerer lose so much DPS compared to an Altmer one, just because of magicka passives?

Im talking from a pvp perespective a redguard mag sorc is quite interesting. The current meta from what I understand for mag sorcs is to have shackle/amber or bright throat boast/shackle or btb/amberplasm. Being a redguard means you can drop shackle and/or amberplasm and equip damage/mag sustain focused sets.

Redguards would have 8% cost reduction towards destro and resto abilities (there is your magicka passive) and have enough stam and stam sustain for blocking dodging, break free and dark conversion.

Pve you are entirely right