The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Stacking spell damage will be better that stacking max magicka after racial changes?

Jeezye
Jeezye
✭✭✭✭✭
After the race changes, one of the most important max magicka multiplier will be gone. This means item sets, attributes, CPs and bufffood that grant maximum magicka all will no longer benefit from racial passives, which are currently at 10% on high elves and bretons.

Does this imply that stacking spell damage will be the most rewarding way to build your character for damage/healing?

A quick comparison:
spell damage: 20% major sorcery + 10% major sorcery if grouped with a templar = 1.2*1.1 = 1,32 multiplier
max magicka: 5% for inner light + 2% per mages guild ability (pick 2 for realistic referance) + 8% for NBs = 1.05*1.02*1.02*1.08= 1,17 multiplier (previously 1,29)

So even when fully stacked into max magicka multipliers, spell damage provides better scalings. I think thats a good thing since max magicka should primarly provide sustain over damage, but how do you feel? Have I missed something? This will also heavily impact shield stacking...
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Also rip shields

I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahm.
    arent those buffs additive?
    pretty rue they are^^

so inner light never profited from racials
    Edited by laksikus on January 17, 2019 10:35PM
  • TheDarkoil
    TheDarkoil
    ✭✭✭
    You missed expert mage passive from storm calling skill line. 2% spell damage per sorcerer skill slotted.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im eager for PTS testing. Just updated it for the first time since Summerset.