The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Elsweyr Digital Collector's Edition

FlubberPuddy
FlubberPuddy
Soul Shriven
I've been looking for the answer to this everywhere and can't find it.

If I purchase the Elswyer Digital Collector's Edition can I add it to my existing ESO account?

I already own the base game and have the Guilds & Glory pack because I was able to get a Gold Edition to my ESO account. Can I do the same here?

I am making the purchase directly through the ESO store: https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_elsweyr_edition_ce

and it does have the "BUY NOW" button available instead of the "You are not eligible for this product".
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've already got the base game, you just need the digital upgrade edition:

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_elsweyr_upgrade_ce

PC EU & NA
  • FlubberPuddy
    FlubberPuddy
    Soul Shriven
    If you've already got the base game, you just need the digital upgrade edition:

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_elsweyr_upgrade_ce

The thing is the Digital Collector's Edition comes with the best value, as I do not own Summerset nor Morrowind either. It allows you to gain access to both Summerset and Morrowind content (including the Warden Class.

That's why I'm asking if I can purchase it (since the website is allowing me to) and apply it to my existing account.

$80 is a lot but then the value that's included is also a lot.

I am really just wondering if I can apply this purchase to my existing ESO account?
    Edited by FlubberPuddy on January 17, 2019 8:20PM
  • FlubberPuddy
    FlubberPuddy
    Soul Shriven
    For anyone looking for the answer to the question, I took the plunge after making a ticket and asking ESO Support. You can indeed add the Elswyer Digital Collector's Edition to an existing account.

Anyways here is what they said:

"Thank you for reaching out to us on this issue! If you make the purchase while logged in to the account you wish to play from, the purchase will be added to your account. I have provided a list of goodies below that are included in the Collectors Edition. If you do not wish to purchase the Digital Collectors Edition or the Upgrade, you may wish to look into the Elsweyrd Digital Upgrade instead."

The bold is the key point. Once I got this answer I decided to take the leap and it worked!

To clarify:

1) Be LOGGED IN to the account you wish to give access to on ESO Store

2) Make the purchase

3) Once purchase confirmed you can go to Account Summary and see your Game Version Updated automatically! No need to enter in product key manually

I logged on to ESO and had the Summerset Expansion cinematic play, as well as when I went to create a new character I had access to the Warden Class!

Hope this helps everyone who isn't sure if they can add game editions to their existing account. If it lets you purchase off the ESO Store while Logged In then it gets added automatically to that account.
  • udju77b16_ESO
    udju77b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much! For some days i tried to find this out on the german forum and most players wrote that one cannot add the Elsweyr collectors edition to an existing account. Like you i doubted it caus the button "purchase" was there, when i was logged in my existing account with the base game.
    After reading this thread i also bought it and it worked out. A bit dissappointed i am though, caus the senche and the mouse are not yet ingame, we must wait until Elsweyr finally is released i suppose. Thanks again! :)