Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Argonian motif

Ackwalan
Ackwalan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The Elder Argonian motif is available now. Got two pages, both bow. It would be nice if the RNG at least made an effort at being random.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 from 2 for me. Maybe a bit early for me to start complaining about drop rates
  • Jazz_Funk
    Jazz_Funk
    ✭✭✭
    1 drop out of 10 Murkmire dailies so far. Maybe I am having a little bad luck on rng. Not ready to bite the bullet and get the motif with crowns (yet)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jazz_Funk wrote: »
    1 drop out of 10 Murkmire dailies so far. Maybe I am having a little bad luck on rng. Not ready to bite the bullet and get the motif with crowns (yet)

You can always just buy the pages you don't have from other players. Just save up the gold and wait until prices come down.

I only did 3 dailies yesterday (the village daily SUCKS!!!!) and got one Dead Water motif, that I already knew (belts, which, incidentally, I purchased for 10k on XB NA). I only have 2 DW pages to go (I did also purchase chests for 20k, but all the rest came from the dailies), so I'm hoping to get them while farming for EO.

As far as random goes - pure randomness means that you could, in theory, get the same thing repeatedly. As we all know, ZOS doesn't take pages we already know out of the loot pool and then what's left is randomly given. I was lucky one day to pull 2 DW pages from my three dailies (I haven't bothered to get any other characters to Murkmire yet), and they were both the same - maces. So, yeah...it happens - more often than any of us would like.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 17, 2019 10:03PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've done about 17 dailies since it started, I've had one EA motif page and 3 dead-water (which I already had complete). Yes, the rng is pretty poor, but I'm sure that availability will be there in time.
  • RomaNTIC
    RomaNTIC
    ✭✭
    26 dailies done - 1 Elder Argonian page and 4 Dead Water pages.

I have the guess, that Elder Argonian pages drop only to characters which completed Murkmire main quest. Otherwise I have no explanation to this drop rate. When I farmed Dead Water, I managed to obtain all 14 different pages with 5 characters (only one of thrm completed main quest in Murkmire) with 8 days. Loks like for Eleder Argonisn I will spend next couple of months to collect

Upd. Yesterday completed another 3 dailies and received 2 more Elder Argonian pages. So now my drop rate about 10% - not so bad :)

PS. Yes, I know, that I can purchase in guild store. But this specific motif I want to collect myself.
    Edited by RomaNTIC on January 22, 2019 6:36AM