Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Archer Nightblade or Melee DPS?

Darkshadow1911
Trying to decide between Melee DPS and NightBlade Archer. I was thinking about being a Sorc but my god there is about 20 for every 1 dps of another type. Whats your thoughts about NightBlade vs Melee? And what should I focus on first on Stam or Endurance?
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bosmer Nightblade, level 11, is focused on the Bow and Syphon tree. Good DPS, a knock-back, CC spell and the self-heal can be morphed into an AoE heal. At 15 I will be dual-weilding to provide for more combat options but will probably stay mainly focused on the Bow.

As for which stat you should focus on, that depends entirely upon which abilities you slot.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Darkshadow1911
    if I go Archer, I will at some point do like you in my lvl 15 to 20 will start to pick up a weapon. I pick how my skills play out by thinking about the toon in a rpg way. Like a NightBlade with archery will be a stalker that is an assassin, will sneak in flow target until its in the perfect type and from a distance will Rain arrows down on it. But will need to pick up duel at some point for those targets that I cant get in a good line of sight for the perfect shot, and have to get them up close and personal. anyways. But If I go Melee I probley go 2h or duel.

I just dont want there to be 700 of Nightblades like me and only be 100 of a Sorc (which there isnt, I see them more then anything else) or Melee DPS.
  • Uncle_Bob
    Uncle_Bob
    ✭✭
    Play which ever play style you like. I've tried a bunch of different class/race combos and I finally settled on Woodelf Bow Nightblade. I wouldn't count on playing the combo least chosen as a reason to play a certain combo. Most combos have range and melee abilities anyway.

I picked my Woodelf Bow Nightblade because it has a strong ranged opener using stamina, self healing with siphon and the ability to jump in and start melee with magic based abilities.

• Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked Bosmer Nightbow because... well, because Bosmer Nightbow.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.