The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Concerns about Elsewyr Lore as part of AD

gepe87
gepe87
✭✭✭✭✭
What you think that gonna happen to AD in new chapter? Geographical speaking, we have an AD base near (Eastern Gate) Anequina capital, Rimmen, controled by Imperials?
How to understand Elsewyr society without the Mane (who is in Reaper's March)? Another "proxy queen"? Torval is the spiritual capital of Elsewyr, where the Mane lives. A major point will be lost if isn't acessible.
I'm just curious how Loremasters will fit this without sacrificing Lore, and avoiding plot holes. Or dragons are more important than that?
Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they spoke about an Imperial invasion, so maybe that'll play into somehow having the AD army not coming in force to save them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have Imperial flags seen in Rimmen buildings, but yeah, maybe the story could go that way. :smile:
    Edited by gepe87 on January 16, 2019 1:41PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

• Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could have the Speaker for the Mane come in the Mane's stead if they don't want to have a different character for the Mane appearing depending on progress in the Reaper's March questline.

And it doesn't look like Torval will be accessible, unfortunately, but that doesn't mean it can't be added in a later zone release. Then, maybe Dragons won't be the focus of that zone's storyline, so that it can be more focused on Khajiit culture and myth.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    I assumed the trailer took place before the invasion, and the Imperial flags were in Rimmen because Euraxia is currently Queen there?
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assumed the trailer took place before the invasion, and the Imperial flags were in Rimmen because Euraxia is currently Queen there?

''...the Khajiit face invasion into Elsweyr by Nibenese Imperials who are seizing the fertile grasslands where the Khajiiti's herds graze.''

This is in 2E 583, meaning the invasion of Elsweyr is at least ongoing.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just curious how Loremasters will add or link storyline, I'm not impressed by that trailer (even with LoreGod Lawrence explaining it). Maybe Rimmen is just the capital of an Imperial Elsewyr, While Torval remain the true spiritual and spiritual city.

As I wrote in main topic, if Elsewyr will settle whole story along the year, adding Quin'rawl Peninsula and Hall of Colossus could introduce Numidium into ESO Lore and relating with Tiber Septim and entwine whole ESO story into established lore (although it is said that Septim only tested Numidium there).

Tharn search for Dwemer Colossus eager to use it and end the Interregnum, but ultimately the Tribunal take it and give it to General Talos as part of the Armistice.

But in fact, I expect that Alkosh will have a big presence there (as show with that trial) and the reason why dragons are there.

• Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    I'm just curious how Loremasters will add or link storyline, I'm not impressed by that trailer (even with LoreGod Lawrence explaining it). Maybe Rimmen is just the capital of an Imperial Elsewyr, While Torval remain the true spiritual and spiritual city.

As I wrote in main topic, if Elsewyr will settle whole story along the year, adding Quin'rawl Peninsula and Hall of Colossus could introduce Numidium into ESO Lore and relating with Tiber Septim and entwine whole ESO story into established lore (although it is said that Septim only tested Numidium there).

Tharn search for Dwemer Colossus eager to use it and end the Interregnum, but ultimately the Tribunal take it and give it to General Talos as part of the Armistice.

But in fact, I expect that Alkosh will have a big presence there (as show with that trial) and the reason why dragons are there.

Pretty sure the Numidium is currently still under Red Mountain.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    It looks as though we won't be getting Torval, since this chapter is set in the north of Elsweyr. This will leave a future DLC to represent Torval in all its glory, so its definitely a good move on ZOS' part. I feel it would be a major point lost if Torval was somehow retconned into not being built yet, or being a small village with only 3 buildings with other resources being diverted into other cities
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • faolan2018
    This could just be me grasping at straws, but here's what i think the situation will be:

Abnur Tharn, eager to find another way to restore the Empire and end the War (post MQ), heads to Anequina after hearing of an ancient power lying in the canyons. desperate to save his country, he has his daughter organize a military expedition (either to back his work, or to simply cover for him diving deep into Dominion lands).

With Necromancy now recognized as a proper school of magic by the Empire (possibly due to the Black Worm cultists getting amnesty in exchange for service in the Legion), Tharn heads into the Khajiiti homeland. There, he does indeed discover an old ruin.

But the rumors were based on lies and half-truths. An ancient power was indeed sealed below, but it-they proved too old and powerful to control, and simply fled their prison, and took wing towards the horizon.

And now it falls once again to you Vestige, to save the Catfolk and aid them in this time of crisis.
  • Magilacuddy
    Magilacuddy
    ✭✭
    It's simple, who needs lore when you can have DRAGONS?!?!