Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Server Up/Down Identifier

Korah_Eaglecry
Korah_Eaglecry
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Something that will help in letting people know if the Server is up or down is a simple addition to the Website and Launcher. A simple Greenlight for Up and Red for down would go a long way in helping players Identify if its worth trying to sign in. Or a banner that sticks out on both the website and Launcher notifying players they will not be able to access the game at that time.
Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on April 7, 2014 7:34PM
Penniless Sellsword Company
Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    They have a server status forum. If they're not updating that enough, then an indicator is going to suffer from the same problem. They usually post a message on the launcher/login screen if servers are down.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have a server status forum. If they're not updating that enough, then an indicator is going to suffer from the same problem. They usually post a message on the launcher/login screen if servers are down.

This isnt entirely true at all. The indicator can easily be tied into the server itself so that it appears without any manual input from someone taking down the Server.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    They could I suppose but how's that any different from the server returning you a detailed error code? It's very possible that during a routing issue, you would see the server as offline and others as online.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    The server does not give clear codes. Besides it saves time when you can check instead of loading and logging in. So I realy wish to put it on ghe site.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com