The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crashing Randomly

j.greenmanb16_ESO
j.greenmanb16_ESO
✭✭✭
I had taken a break from ESO for some time for about 8 months (rejoining around the end of september) and I have noticed that I crash a lot randomly, something that didn't happen before.

I will be playing (seems to usually happen in a battleground, but happens elswhere as well) and the screen will freeze. I can still hear things going on, and I am pretty sure, even though I can't see them, that I can still open menus.

I alt-tab out of the game fine, and alt-tab back in, and the screen is black and than it does the usual "eso has stopped working" and crash report submission comes up.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
"You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Navarril
    Navarril
    ✭✭✭
    The game has been crashing hard - win10 blue screen since applying the patch to ESO today. I can play for ~5 mnutes at most before it crashes. And I can't create a support ticket because I can't log into the "support site" even though I am logged in here and to my ESO account just fine. What a bunch of *** ***. I just renewed ESO+ for six months, too. I see a chargeback in their immediate near future.
    Edited by Navarril on January 16, 2019 3:28AM
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Navarril wrote: »
    The game has been crashing hard - win10 blue screen since applying the patch to ESO today. I can play for ~5 mnutes at most before it crashes. And I can't create a support ticket because I can't log into the "support site" even though I am logged in here and to my ESO account just fine. What a bunch of *** ***. I just renewed ESO+ for six months, too. I see a chargeback in their immediate near future.

Sounds like a separate problem from mine, as I can go quite a while without a crash. But than other times, its 3 times in one evening.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been having the same problem recently—frequent random crashes on a new PC.
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been having the same problem recently—frequent random crashes on a new PC.

I feel like it might be a problem from one of the games updates. Like I had said before, it didnt happen before until I started playing again the last few months