Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Loot Level confusion

sully73
sully73
✭✭
I understand there is a level cap to loot from what I seen and experienced it seems to be 6-7 levels above mob equals no loot
What I'm not understanding is some mobs in that threshold still drop loot. For example if I kill a bunch of imps around daggerfall I still get rawhide scraps(they are level 7 I'm 15). I kill the blood torn cultists (again level 7) and nothing drops at all. Is there an actual loot level cap or is it just some kind of bug?
  • sully73
    sully73
    ✭✭
    Any info about this ?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The basic materials like rawhide always have a chance of dropping, no matter how much difference there is between you and the mob.

The loot cap is for anything other than those basics and i believe the cutoff is 5 levels below or above your character level.
    :)
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't be one below you at least as otherwise you wouldn't be able to farm rawhide at high levels (if you started crafting late, or for alts).