The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO Live 1/15: Unofficial Questions Thread

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Seraphayel wrote: »
There is no ESO Live tomorrow. It's the announcement of the upcoming Chapter and I don't even remember if Gina or any other of the community managers previously were part of these announcements. I am quite sure all they talk about tomorrow is content (e.g. Chapter or DLC) related and nothing else.

I just hope they talk about the upcoming DLCs and not just the Chapter (they have to talk about Q1 at least). At the moment the DLC contents are more interesting than the Chapter because they haven't been datamined yet.

There will be an after show after the announce stream where Jess and Gina discuss the big reveals and answer player questions :) it's not exactly the traditional ESO Live we do but it's pretty similar.
SaltySudd wrote: »
There will be an after show after the announce stream where Jess and Gina discuss the big reveals and answer player questions :) it's not exactly the traditional ESO Live we do but it's pretty similar.

@ZOS_SarahHecker whew good to know! Will they be taking questions from the stream or social media?

Both! We're going to try and keep an eye on everything we can to see what players are asking about the most.

Since the stream chat will likely be moving too fast and since some of us don't like social media, I decided to open up a thread here in hopes that maybe they might check our questions here.

1. Will there be unique dialogue towards Necromancer class characters since they are largely disliked? becoming a Necromancer Champion Of Meridia of the Mages Guild And Psjiic Order without any reactions to our characters will seem odd or that would imply that Tamriel is dumb.

2. Will miaq the liar make a reappearance in elsweyr?
Edited by Aliyavana on January 15, 2019 11:03PM
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we see updated khajiit motifs WITHOUT the boat sized hip flaps?
    Will we see more revealing motifs that aren't either necromantic or made out of straw and bones?
    What kinds of updates to the outfit system are planned? Will we see other slots able to be hidden in 2019?
    What is the status on house item limits? Is work still being done to try and increase traditional furnishing limits?
    Is there more planned RE house storage and furniture management?
    Are different skins for pets in the works, now that a 3rd pet class is being introduced? Wardens / Sorcerers / Necromancers would all like to know if there is more customization on the way for our pets.
    Are any upgrades planned for vanilla zones? Updating architecture and motifs used by NPCs to showcase the much more detailed and better designed assets from DLCs and Chapters?

I realize some of these stray a bit from a chapter announcement, but they are questions that I've had for a while now.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Standard - what are directions for each class balance changes?
    2. Any plans to upgrade hardware of your servers?
    3. When we will see some vampire love?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Any eta on that stuck in combat bug?

2) Character slots - more coming?

3) Can I get a mini Abnur Tharn as a pet???? I love him <3<3<3
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When do you plan to fix lag and game performance?
  • LeinadOrarogep
    LeinadOrarogep
    ✭✭✭
    1. Given the sometimes long loading screens, would it be possible to keep the chat open in the meantime?
    2. Again, during the loading screens could you sometimes show some in-game books instead of the concept art?
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you'll do an engine revamp?

Look at BDO ..so is not so impossible.

When when we've gonna have a better Cyrodiil ?(an increased population cap with no lag ...as ESO had in 2014) ?

How about CP system to be like Paragon's system of Diablo 3 ? ( more CP = access to more difficulty tiers of the game with better rewards)

English is not my native language.
    Edited by Agalloch on January 15, 2019 7:12AM
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we expect more Character slots?
    • The last addition of a Class came with a +2 increase to Character Slot limit, bringing it to 15 total. With 5 classes, that gave us a nice 3 slots per class to try out various builds. If we are getting a new class soon, increasing it by 3 would be a nice "even" number as it would still allow for 3 slots/builds per class.

Will Class Change Tokens ever be added?
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    Will we see more revealing motifs that aren't either necromantic or made out of straw and bones?
    What kinds of updates to the outfit system are planned? Will we see other slots able to be hidden in 2019?
    What is the status on house item limits? Is work still being done to try and increase traditional furnishing limits?
    Is there more planned RE house storage and furniture management?
    Are different skins for pets in the works, now that a 3rd pet class is being introduced? Wardens / Sorcerers / Necromancers would all like to know if there is more customization on the way for our pets.
    Are any upgrades planned for vanilla zones? Updating architecture and motifs used by NPCs to showcase the much more detailed and better designed assets from DLCs and Chapters?

I realize some of these stray a bit from a chapter announcement, but they are questions that I've had for a while now.

OMG ....
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can haz warm sands and bright moons yes?

Also maybe a nice beach side house?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be information about the ta'agra, the Khajiit language, in the chapter lore?

When will the stamina sorcerers get the stamina Ultimate you talked about?
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Given the sometimes long loading screens, would it be possible to keep the chat open in the meantime?
    2. Again, during the loading screens could you sometimes show some in-game books instead of the concept art?

In game books is nice! I support this!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Has the vision for each class and role coming?

2) Please announce some racial changes. It's boring be alone with these secrets.

3) spell crafting when?

4) nercomancers...I hope you don't disappoint us.

5) will khajitt get fluffy tails?

6) What are your plans to for guild system?

7) Can we talk about power creep?

8) ever consider adding more leaderboards to game?

9) will we see duel arenas?
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will either of you, or anyone from zos, comment on the continued decline of pvp performance over the last couple years?

Will you give us a straight answer about this issue and maybe communicate better on the steps you are taking to fix this issue?

And will pvp performance ever get better, or is the issue something that cannot be fixed? Because I have only seen cyrodil performance getting worse since morrowind, and it seems to be (for lack of a better term) spilling out into pve now.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now were on the day it comes out
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will we ever be able to break down for gems the dyes we are holding on to?
    Never heard if they actually fixed that like they said...
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When can we see the "improved communication" Gina mentioned a few months ago?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all! We'll be keeping an eye on this thread later. Keep in mind the questions we'll be answering will be focused more on things from the announcement stream, not necessarily existing features or bugs.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Will we see all Khajiit furstocks in the Elsweyr chapter? And will they be similar to their descriptions in the lore?

That's really my main, most important question, I'll think of more later.
    Edited by Robo_Hobo on January 15, 2019 4:45PM
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    When will we be able to get to Balfiera and the Direnni Tower? Kind of sad standing on the shores of the Iliac Bay wondering if we'll ever get to explore that tower.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who is voicing Abnur Tharn? (Hoping it’s the same dude).
    Edited by DarcyMardin on January 15, 2019 9:47PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the base game changes this year include a revamp of the guild trader system?
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all! We'll be keeping an eye on this thread later. Keep in mind the questions we'll be answering will be focused more on things from the announcement stream, not necessarily existing features or bugs.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F7GPV80dC4GCNq%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

@ZOS_GinaBruno will there be an ESO Live event soon where other questions will be answered?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there are dragons in Elsweyr yes are they partial to a little moon sugar now and again or totally uninterested in its charms?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F7GPV80dC4GCNq%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

@ZOS_GinaBruno will there be an ESO Live event soon where other questions will be answered?

:lol:

guess what?
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are missing the most important question: Will we get black hair for Altmer?
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DarcyMardin

It is the same VO for Abnur Tharn :) (Alfred Molina)

Edited by Robo_Hobo on January 15, 2019 5:29PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we finally see saddles that do not pinch the tail and a range of non combat hats that can accommodate the glory that is our ears?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Elsweyr have a queen to rival the elf lady one?

And if the situation is presently vacant then how does this one apply for the job please?

Also will the crown fit nicely around the ears?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »

It is because cats do not like water - so they need these hip flaps to use to cross rivers and lakes and things. :p;)

• luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has Rich already decided what will be his tattoo (and where)?
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk