Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Leveling and gearing

AppleJuiceBox2
AppleJuiceBox2
✭✭✭
So up to level 24 with my Templar focuses on Magika. Currently all my gear is light armor. I did have 1 medium and 1 heavy but got some dungeon gear and replaced it.

Almost done with main story I think because I’m about to fight Molag bol. Chapter 6.

I know you can reset points but right now I have 1 skill from each 3 and a weapon one and I think something different for the 5th and my ultimate.

Been following the advisor somewhat but not to the tee.

Just need general advice on continuous leveling and what to do with points. I do have almost the racial filled too.

I know only level 24 and I do my random BG and Dungeon daily for max XP. But I feel like I may be doing something wrong come 50 when I Started CP and get owned lol.

Any good advice for Magplar out there?

Love the ease of the class for me.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you're doing fine, @AppleJuiceBox2.

Making sure you have one (1) class skill on both your front and back bar will ensure those skill trees get leveled up. In addition, it's nice to level up the destruction and restoration skill lines too ... assuming you have the space.

I really wouldn't worry too much about hitting level 50. Enjoy the game for now.

At CP160 is when you start deciding on a playstyle that suits you ... which includes selection of gear sets.

A couple of good starter crafted sets for Magicka Templar are Julianos (DPS), Seducers (Heals), and Torug's (Tank).

• rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id advise you always wear all 3 types of armor so you can keep leveling all of the skill lines (all passives are useful in the end)

Also slot some skills in you bar to level up Sword and board (good for pvp) destro staff and resto staff, you should be good with those leveled.
  • valusthecateater
    valusthecateater
    ✭✭✭
    Id advise you always wear all 3 types of armor so you can keep leveling all of the skill lines (all passives are useful in the end)

Also slot some skills in you bar to level up Sword and board (good for pvp) destro staff and resto staff, you should be good with those leveled.

Not that having all armor types leveled up isn't a good idea, but do you not need to be wearing the armor type in question for the passives to apply?