Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's your Favorite Lore?

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really want to learn more about the Falmer. Sadly, they are pretty much completely forgotten in 2E and information only starts to resurface in 3E.

Clockwork City and the more "futuristic" side of things also interest me. Basically, anything that makes Elder Scrolls the Sci-Fi it really is.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Lusty argonian maid duh!
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tribunal Rising. Oblivion Crisis. AD-Empire turmoil. Also College of Winterhold story.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf happened to the dwemmer!!!!
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    Bruccius wrote: »
    Mason_King wrote: »
    I feel like I'm still lost, but the lore. Like I'm not sure if I should have started the Main Quest. because I've completely ignored
    "Talk to the hooded figure"

I might have done it backwards, but what I wanted to do was have my character Achieve the Hero of Daggerfall Covenant achievement.
    I think I did it backwards... I started in Storm Haven, then Rivenspire, to Alik'r, then to Bangkori. Was I suppose to do the Glenumbra Story Arc before Storm Haven? Oh well, cause I thought I'd have him ride to Daggerfall, and start the main quest after I did everything else.

Yeah, if you didn't do the questline in order of start to end zone, things may get a bit confusing.

Yeah didn't think there was an order, I just finished the Glenumbra Adventure, and I defeated Angof, first and as I went towards the Word Tree and Daggerfall, I realized "Yeah I did this backwards."

But it was kind of worth it, riding towards Daggerfall, seeing the Wall appear, it changed the appearance of the city in my eyes.
    because I only ever entered from the docks. or the way shrine.
    But Starting my adventure from wayrest, was interesting.
    Edited by Mason_King on December 24, 2018 2:11PM
  • akillerninja6
    Orc lore
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daedric lore is the best imho.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot i already posted it here
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 10, 2019 6:21AM
  • gjohnson146
    gjohnson146
    ✭✭
    Khajiit are getting a chapter!! It's about time...
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me it’s
    races like: snow elves, dwemer, atmorans
    Numidium
    Dragon Breaks
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really know Khajiit lore yet, but I'm very curious about, so I plan to read all I can soon.

For now, Dwemer is always my favourite Lore part, so many secret.. *-*
    And I also love all Nord story.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be Summerset...
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »
    Used to be Summerset...

I feel you, man

My favourite lore as of right now are the different Khajiit furstocks. We'll see if that changes tomorrow
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • RavenEye
    RavenEye
    ✭✭
    Orc lore :)
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The (male body part) sword one. That was funny.

Other than that, the Khajiit Lore.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on January 17, 2019 7:17PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • ezio45
      ezio45
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I really like the altmer story of creation
    • HappyLittleTree
      HappyLittleTree
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Argonian cultural practices include: wearing socks with pockets containing hot stones on their tails to keep them warm, allowing birds to pick their teeth clean after a meal, and filling their pillows with live centipedes for the pleasant wriggling sensation.
      Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
    • Claudman
      Claudman
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      psychotrip wrote: »
      Used to be Summerset...

I'm glad Altmer didn't have structures made out of volcanic glass. That sounds like LOTR and is incredibly ridiculous. The structures which they have now makes them humble and actually looks similar to other Ancient Elven structures.
      Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
      I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
      I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
    • Deathlord92
      Deathlord92
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bretons for life 😎
    • Indoril_Nerevar
      Indoril_Nerevar
      ✭✭✭
      The Tribunal and The Battle of Red Mountain
      The Nerevarine and the Disappearence of The Dwarves
    • Nimrhys
      Nimrhys
      ✭✭✭
      I quite enjoyed bosmer lore tbh. They’re seriously whacky...
    • Korah_Eaglecry
      Korah_Eaglecry
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I love anything that gets into the less magical happenings in the world. The lore that humanizes the mortals of this franchise and gives them depth. I love the setting, I just enjoy a more subdued approach to magic. I want magic to be mysterious and just out of reach. So when I see the story of Orsinium or Ransers backstory. Im glad someone out there isnt trying too hard to be the second coming of Kirkbride.
      Penniless Sellsword Company
      Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
      Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
      Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
      Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
      What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    • Gherkin
      Gherkin
      Soul Shriven
      Dark elf, for me, is by far the most unique
    • Grandesdar
      Grandesdar
      ✭✭✭
      I haven't delved deep into the lore, but I loved reading books in Wrothgar, especially those series of books on an orc king. I found myself rooting for him even tho I never saw him. What's weird is that their culture is completely opposite to mine, like marrying multiple women, always eating some meat, always brawling and bragging about muscle strength etc. Maybe it's like the saying opposites attract? Because I'd prefer playing an orc instead of a high elf.
      Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
      Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
      Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
      CP: 680
      EU PSN: Style3513
    • wishlist14
      wishlist14
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I love the eso lore in it's entirety thus far. I do have a soft spot for Morrowind and Oblivion and Elsweyr. I also am fascinated by the Dwemer. I really enjoy the mages guild lore a lot. Loved it in Tes also. I have a deep comnection with the mages.

I enjoy learning about all the races of Tamriel as each is very unique. I don't think I ever stop learning new things in eso and this excites me. Tamriel is rich in lore. I'm intersted in the Akaviri perhaps becaue I'd like to know more about them.
    • SirAxen
      SirAxen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thieves Guild for me.
    • HappyTheCamper
      HappyTheCamper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Pelinal Whitestrake.

Also the Imperial invasion/colonization of Tsaesci with Ionith and all that. I want a main title TES game to follow that up!
      Edited by HappyTheCamper on June 5, 2019 5:40PM
    • SirAxen
      SirAxen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wishlist14 wrote: »
      I love the eso lore in it's entirety thus far. I do have a soft spot for Morrowind and Oblivion and Elsweyr. I also am fascinated by the Dwemer. I really enjoy the mages guild lore a lot. Loved it in Tes also. I have a deep comnection with the mages.

I enjoy learning about all the races of Tamriel as each is very unique. I don't think I ever stop learning new things in eso and this excites me. Tamriel is rich in lore. I'm intersted in the Akaviri perhaps becaue I'd like to know more about them.

Ultimately, this is me as well. I just like the lore of this universe in general. I enjoy learning anything and everything about it.
    • Mivryna
      Mivryna
      ✭✭✭
      Lately I've been really into the notion of Oblivion's pocket realms. They remind me of all those virtual reality experiences on various platforms; a self-contained mindspace of sorts.

It's fascinating to explore such a surreal idea.

In general I find the overarching metaphysics to be really insightful. The franchise has greatly influenced my spiritual development.
      Edited by Mivryna on June 7, 2019 9:24PM
    • Valamist
      Valamist
      ✭✭✭
      There is a lot to love about the lore of Tamriel. It's really underrated in the wider gaming/fantasy scope I think. Anyway, I really like the Tribunal and the characters involved in that. Been binging some more lore vids recently, and I have gained much more respect for the Imperials and their history. The fact that I have yet to decide if Tibus Septim was a nobleman who fought to bring peace to Tamriel, or a blood-soaked tyrant with delusions of Godhood (Ignore the whole fact that he... did become a god...) is a good thing.

I also really love the Bosmer and the whole Green Pact element to their lore. I really hope future games explore their history and culture more.