The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nirnhorned Items Questions

Rontabs77
Rontabs77
✭✭✭
- Where do I get nirnhorned items other than the guild store?
- Yes, nirncrux can be mined / farmed but how does one craft a nirnhorned item with nirncrux alone (not researched yet)?
- How did the first players of the game create nirnhorned items if they can't be found in PVE? (or do they? in Trials and Veteran Maelstrom Arena?)
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a quest in Craglorn (I believe part of the main quest) that rewards you with a piece of nirnhoned armor.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have done that already. But how about for the other pieces? Do I just farm them in trials and vma?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farm the fortified and potent nirncrux in Craglorn and then ask someone to craft you the pieces. If you supply the crux, most people will craft the items for you.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    But how did that 'someone' learn how to craft nirnhorned pieces in the first place?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rontabs77 wrote: »
    But how did that 'someone' learn how to craft nirnhorned pieces in the first place?

I had guildmates craft me the items for research and I bought a few from guild traders.

As for the very first players........I can only guess that different people got different pieces of armor from the quest. The person who got a helm, for instance, would sell helms in a guild store and craft helms for others. And the person who got boots would do the same and so on.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Rontabs77
    Rontabs77
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thank you very much for that information.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I have been informed, by guildmates who did nirn early, that what happened was that each person would research their 'freebie' and then craft them and trade with each other so that everyone could get the ones. I currently provide a service in my guild that, for traits in anything (including jewelry) that guildies don't have, if they send me any 'difficult to obtain trait mats' for the item, and the type of item they want, I'll flat out make research items at no extra cost. So, it tends to work out.

@Alassirana
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a couple others have said. Initially, the only way to get a nirnhoned drop, was to finish the Upper Craglorn quest lines, which would give you a researchable nirnhoned item (much like the drops they did for jewelry, the "exemplary" jewelry). Then you would trade and barter with your guildmates/zone chat/guild stores to buy the remaining traits. Eventually, they added nirnhoned to the drop tables for leaderboard scores in some trials/vMA so you could get nirnhoned gear that way as well.

Nirncrux also only used to drop in Upper Craglorn, they have since expanded it to all of Craglorn.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    The only way to learn to craft all nirn-items is to learn how to craft, find nirncrux, and then do exchanges with other people who can trade you an item you can't craft for one from you they can't craft, as a 'nirn-trait reference' item, so you each benefit. Eventually, you can do all the armor & weapons.
  • Derunik
    Derunik
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Nirncrux also only used to drop in Upper Craglorn, they have since expanded it to all of Craglorn.

Is this true? I only ever see bots in upper so I suspected it was only in the upper region.
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derunik wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Is this true? I only ever see bots in upper so I suspected it was only in the upper region.

Yes it's true :) I only mat farm upper out of habit though
    Edited by Steelshiv on February 8, 2019 3:04AM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nirncrux drop in all of craglorn now. I've found them just outside of Belkarth in ore, wood, and fiber nodes.