The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unobtainable lorebooks

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
"Writ of Valid Credentials" and the 2 other quest books for the "Cultural Clash" quest in Summerset are unobtainable. You get them added in your inventory (bad, bad mechanic) and have to manually read them in the short window of time before handing them in. If you don't do that, they are lost forever.

Solution: make all 3 quest books have a post-quest location where you can read them.
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    This, in fact, make all lore books that suffer from this sort of inaccessibility have a post location which is accessible, for someone who wants to get 100% of the lore books in the memory tab this is quite frustrating.
    (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cardthief wrote: »
    This, in fact, make all lore books that suffer from this sort of inaccessibility have a post location which is accessible, for someone who wants to get 100% of the lore books in the memory tab this is quite frustrating.

With the fixes that came in Murkmire, this one book is literally the only one I need for a full Eidetic Memory completion, minus the Murkmire books that I haven't got yet.

Which makes it even more frustrating when you miss ONE book out of like 12,000 and cannot get it until ZOS gets around to actually fixing it ...
  • znrk
    znrk
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly the same problem is with two books associated with initial Summerset quest, The Queen's Decree:
    * Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference
    * Kinlady's Letter
    These two were also, I believe, ninjainserted into the inventory. I missed them and now these are the only two books I miss from Summerset. Post-quest location for these would be highly appreciated.
    PC/EU
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any knowledge/updates on these very much appreciated:
    * Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned)

• does it make sense at all? Its still the same book, just without my signature. If i have read the signed version, shouldnt it count for both?
    * Rhanbiq's Notes

• ninja-inserted to inv at the final thieves-guild story quest
    * Information Request from Emeric
    * Updated Instructions from Dortene

• in Cyro at DC's base
    * Sapiarch's Recommendation
    * Writ of Valid Credentials

• summersets post quest locations missing

* Blackguard Instructions, Two (Norg-Tzel)
    • after all the problem-books in houses and delves, which are not accessible after doing the quest... you didnt make a whole island unaccessible and placed some books there, did you? It feels a bit like making fun of us...
      Didnt say anything... just got it. You have to group up again with someone who is doing the quest right now B)
    Edited by tim99 on February 20, 2019 6:40PM
  • Tashira_Ronin
    Tashira_Ronin
    ✭✭✭
    1) Feb 2016 was the PTS patch notes for "Book of Seasons"
    which said " will now appear in Abah's Landing if you missed it on the quest Forever Hold Your Peace. "

Since then i have been searching every bookshelf in hews bane at least once a week, including the ones i have to break into houses for, and i still do not have it.
    May i have a little more guidance than "some random shelf" or a fixed alternate location for those who have done the quest.

2)
    Orisinium starter quest the note "To Warlord Ice-Heart" there is still no way to access this after the quest and it remains in my eidetic memory as unknown despite doing the quest when the zone came out.
    NA/PC/DC - played since beta
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another older book that still haunts me is Orders from Halskar. It’s the only base game book that I’m missing. You can’t do the quest with a friend if you missed it, which is in the Morvunskr barracks. There is no post quest location. Access to the barracks is barred by two guards and not even a greyed out “Open Door” option appears on the door to the barracks after the quest either.
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    I have quite a few books that I have missed that seem to be inaccessible now. These are the ones not mentioned above that I have given up on:
    • Norg-Tzel
      • Blackguard Instructions, One
      • Blackguard Instructions, Two
    • Vvardenfell - Zalkin-Sul Egg Mine
      • Arowende's Diary Page 23
      • Arowende's Diary Page 26
    • Vvardenfell
      • Lord Vivec's Questions
    • Coldharbour - Endless Stair?
      • How the Locks Work
    • Summerset - Sil-Var-Woad
      • Fellrunner Failure?
      • Findings on the Volatility of Imps
      • Report on Wing Rot Curative Trials
      • Y'ffre's Sparkling Steeds
    • Summerset
      • Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference
      • Sapiarch's Recommendation
      • Writ of Valid Credentials
    I do not usually do group dungeons and I have only a DC character so I will never get 100% anyway.
    [Edit:] Remove Vvardenfell book - Add the Summerset ones I had forgotten about
    [Edit:] Split Summerset section in two for clarity
    [Edit:] Found a rock which is climbable to get back into the enclosure at Sil-Var-Woad
    [Edit:] Found "How the Locks Work" on platform in Labyrinth
    [Edit:] Found back entrance to Zalkin-Sul Egg Mine (see below)
    Edited by patrick_smyth on January 13, 2019 3:27PM
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    I also have a couple of notes missing from Cyrodiil
    • A Warning from Zimmeron
    • Pact Recruitment
    As I said before, I have a Daggerfall Covenant character.
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • alejandrov0920
    alejandrov0920
    Soul Shriven
    Also missing Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference, please add a post-quest location where you can read them.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Vvardenfell - Zalkin-Sul Egg Mine
      • Arowende's Diary Page 23
      • Arowende's Diary Page 26
    Not 100% sure, but i think you have a chance for those at least.
    Try to group with someone who is doing the quest at the moment, or search for another entrance around the mountain.

• patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    search for another entrance around the mountain.

THANK-YOU - Last night I found another (almost hidden) entrance!
    I was able to cross Arowende's Diary off my list :)

The main entrance to Zalkin-Sul Egg Mine is here and is obvious:
    zyybv22yojyb.png
    If you enter here it is trespassing and if you are seen inside you will get a bounty. Unless you are on the relevant quest you will find an internal door blocks your passage after a while.

The "hidden" back entrance is here:
    m4x9cgx3tetn.png
    I took a picture of this entrance as it is easy to miss:
    x38z3gf5k2sf.png
    I suspect this entrance is not available until you have done the quest as it would probably break things.

Only a few more still to do :)
  • Adinaton
    Adinaton
    Soul Shriven
    tim99 wrote: »
    Any knowledge/updates on these very much appreciated:
    * Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned)

• does it make sense at all? Its still the same book, just without my signature. If i have read the signed version, shouldnt it count for both?
    * Rhanbiq's Notes

• ninja-inserted to inv at the final thieves-guild story quest
    * Information Request from Emeric
    * Updated Instructions from Dortene

• in Cyro at DC's base
    * Sapiarch's Recommendation
    * Writ of Valid Credentials

• summersets post quest locations missing
    * Blackguard Instructions, Two (Norg-Tzel)

• after all the problem-books in houses and delves, which are not accessible after doing the quest... you didn't make a whole island unaccessible and placed some books there, did you? It feels a bit like making fun of us...

Also 2 more (if you are AD) in Cyrodiil:
    * A Warning for Zimmeron
    Pact Recruitment

I am so annoyed they can't fix Rhanbiq's Notes for TWO years now, and people have been reporting it for FAR too long...
  • Rowantree
    Rowantree
    ✭✭
    Could someone post a screenshot or something of the rock used to climb into the Conservatory enclosure in Sil Var Woad, I found a rock I can climb next to the wall but I can't get onto the wall, there's an invisible barriers I think.
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    Rowantree wrote: »
    Could someone post a screenshot or something of the rock used to climb into the Conservatory enclosure in Sil Var Woad, I found a rock I can climb next to the wall but I can't get onto the wall, there's an invisible barriers I think.

I took a map screenshot to show where it is but it is not very detailed:
    m4tlx523db1o.png
    The rock is in an enclosure with a lot of dunerippers in:
    4rlw9k60m99k.png
    You can scramble up the cleft on the left side of it:
    85fx3izrv403.png
    You should end up here:
    g4ykxjplelhx.png
    From here it is possible to jump on to the wall (it sometime takes a few attempts). The enclosure beyond has a lot of (aggressive) Indriks in it so beware. From this enclosure you can access the "paddocks" (entrance on your right) and then the main building.
    This way you enter the main building through the back door. You can exit through the front door (even though you cannot enter this way) or by fast travel.
    I do not know if ZOS plan to "fix" this but if they do then I hope they put copies of all of the literature accessible outside after the quest.

Hope this helps,
    Patrick

Edit: Explain exit door
    Edited by patrick_smyth on January 31, 2019 4:32PM
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    "Blackguard Instructions, One"
    Murkmire Prequel quest location.

(Please make quest locations re-visit-able after you complete quests, any quests! It would be nice to do, and we would be able to discover the Eidetic Memory if we missed them.)
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Norg-Tzel
      • Blackguard Instructions, One
      • Blackguard Instructions, Two

You can also get back to Norgtzel, i found out. Group up and at a special quest status (cant remember exactly which one but i guess when the quester has to travel there for the quest, but i remember it didnt work for a long time during the quest and suddenly *boom* works) i could travel to it again as well and read the missing books. B)
    Edited by tim99 on June 24, 2020 5:04AM
  • Pasha_Redrobe
    orders to halskar please fix it
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    With so many Lorebooks now in the game it has got to be very hard for devs to make sure books are available.

One way, with the backdoor access they must have into the game could be to create a number of accounts and run them as bots.

For the zos bots they can give them permanent invisibility so there is no issue of interaction with npc's and can loop round a zone including delves, dungeons etc to check for lorebooks. Note: for quests, dungeons and trials, creating your own portals to bypass boss unlocking of further content would also be under your control.

When the landscape height is moved for instance a lorebook may be inadvertently hidden. We see this effect with craft resource nodes which may be above or below the ground level and we only can see the below ground because of the Eye passive.

Only when a landscape/structural or other change is made to a zone would these zos bots need to be re-run.

Then this leaves the lorebooks that are received as part of quests. As they sit in your inventory from initial receipt they are effectively unread.

I suggest for this condition that on completion of the quest they remain in the quest inventory but at all times they are given a suitable highlight to indicate they still need to be read.

This would overcome any issue with a quest specific lorebook being lost before being read.

I hope this is noticed and if nothing from my suggestions is used please know it is very very frustrating to try and 100% complete the lorebook collection with the way the game is working against such a goal.

Thanks
    Edited by Onigar on February 25, 2019 11:29AM
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    Why not to just add a weekend vendor like golden or luxury to sale randomly those books reported in the forums as unobtainable and alliance locked?

Or if you have more than 4,000 books allow you to buy al those you dont have.

• BellaDCopular
    BellaDCopular
    ✭✭
    The book Ashlander Tribes and Customs inside captain bravin's apartment cannot be accessed once you complete the questline, as the kinhouse it's linked to becomes unaccessable.
    Let us hide vampirsm with a "none" option in the collections menu, let us hide every piece of armor in the outfit station, at the very least let us hide shoulders belts, and gloves please zos I just wana run around as a prisoner without having to find a belt or shoulderpads that fit
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onigar wrote: »
    With so many Lorebooks now in the game it has got to be very hard for devs to make sure books are available.

One way, with the backdoor access they must have into the game could be to create a number of accounts and run them as bots.

For the zos bots they can give them permanent invisibility so there is no issue of interaction with npc's and can loop round a zone including delves, dungeons etc to check for lorebooks. Note: for quests, dungeons and trials, creating your own portals to bypass boss unlocking of further content would also be under your control.

When the landscape height is moved for instance a lorebook may be inadvertently hidden. We see this effect with craft resource nodes which may be above or below the ground level and we only can see the below ground because of the Eye passive.

Only when a landscape/structural or other change is made to a zone would these zos bots need to be re-run.

Then this leaves the lorebooks that are received as part of quests. As they sit in your inventory from initial receipt they are effectively unread.

I suggest for this condition that on completion of the quest they remain in the quest inventory but at all times they are given a suitable highlight to indicate they still need to be read.

This would overcome any issue with a quest specific lorebook being lost before being read.

I hope this is noticed and if nothing from my suggestions is used please know it is very very frustrating to try and 100% complete the lorebook collection with the way the game is working against such a goal.

Thanks

Way too complicated. Brian created once a list of bugged which was very clear and also had comments on how they are bugged. He basically did all your bots work multiple times on PTS to make sure the list has always a correct status.
    It was mentioned here in forum, on reddit and on twitch in streams.
    It was just completely ignored.