The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bug Report: Glaring New Graphical Glitch in Lake Xanmeer Manor

lamatadita
lamatadita
✭✭
I was exploring Lake Xanmeer Manor today and noticed a graphical glitch on both sets of stairs heading from the entrance toward the lake. When my characters gets close to the top of the stairs on either side, the texture of the stairs and part of the front of the house switches to a VERY low resolution.

I checked my settings and everything is on max (my PC can run this game at max easily). I also turned off my PC and turned it back on, but the issue persisted. I updated my graphics drivers and it still didn't fix the issue. I did a few Google searches to see if this was a known issue and came up with nothing, so I had some friends check it out, and they said it's happening for them, too. This bug occurred on PC NA, and I can confirm that it is occurring for all PC players and thus is not a hardware issue. I am not sure if it's happening for console players.

I decided to check the PTS version of the house because I didn't remember noticing it there and I knew the PTS hadn't been updated since before Murkmire was released. I can confirm that this issue DOES NOT occur on the PTS. I also noticed that my FPS is significantly lower there, around 60-65 FPS as opposed to 100, so maybe this graphical issue was a deliberate attempt to improve performance in this house by lowering the resolution of the entry level when players go up to the second level? However, it seems to be triggering too early so that the low-res portion is still on-screen when the switch occurs, and it is noticeable and immersion-breaking.

I have attached screenshots, and I also made a YT video illustrating the issue and asking others to submit tickets of their own. (Maybe overkill, but considering how much money/crowns you guys will ask for this house, it would be nice to see it get taken care of before you put it on sale!)

zjcqvz6nao6j.bmp

psnha3pfxl1q.bmp

• lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    I don't seem to be able to edit my original post, so I'm adding that I found another spot with the ugly low-res textures. It's on the walkway on the southern side of the property. The little building on the far right side of the walkway has the proper texture, but the one on the far left has a super low-res texture. The whole little building is low-res, pillars and floor and walls.

Right side from inside the walkway, correct texture:

8n1f6fk7avcp.bmp

Left side from inside the walkway, low-res texture:

gllk09dwho9v.bmp

Right side from outside, correct texture:

gua0kyuxj50d.bmp

Left side from outside, low-res texture:

zaw6ss9rbw8h.bmp

I bought crowns for this house and was excited about it. I hope that it is fixed, or that we can at least get some sort of confirmation that it will be fixed and a loose timeline for when, otherwise I will not be buying this house. Which kills me because it's beautiful, but these low-res textures should not be there, and in fact are not there on the PTS.
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    I might wrong, but I think they might be working on fixing this now. It's still there, but it seems like the trigger area has gotten smaller. Before, I'm pretty sure that you could see the low-res textures from the stairs by the whirlpool, but now you can't. Seems like you have to get a lot closer from that direction to trigger the low-res textures. Hopefully I'm not just imagining things...
    Edited by lamatadita on January 13, 2019 11:23AM
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is appalling, can we get some confirmation this is being fixed? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer